Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 12th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The books in pdf format: what should they look like?

Do you remember those 2nd edition AD&D Monster Manuals? They were all loose leaved, had a monster per page, and you could insert them into three ring binders. I always loved that. How about generating a series of PDFs that emulate that? The Book of HeroScape? You can print it, take it with you to tournaments. How about it?

Add to that a consolidated ruleset and BOV pages and you have the end all be all of HeroScape.

I have just uploaded a first attempt at a new "The Books of Heroscape in pdf" format: <Link removed, see edit below>

Please let me know if this is something you would like, if the format is right, I want to hear all comments, good or bad.

Edit: Please review this file instead: <Link removed, see edit below>
Edit: 3rd attempt, please review this file now: <Link removed, see edit below>
----------------------------
Edit:
I have now completed a substantial amount of RotV and would like your input again. To keep the filesize down, I have chosen to compress the images to substandard quality. This is not the final result. The images will be nice quality and have readible (but tiny) text.

The synergy charts and the current entrees in the books have been invaluable. I am also using Bunjees general logo art. I will make sure to credit all involved where possible (I am not sure I want to credit all the writers of the books due to sheer volume, although, if someone has a compiled list I will most definately use it), and to contact them before final publication to let them know what I am doing with their work, but if they read this: thumbs up for the ground work you guys have done to make this possible!

I have done my best to be spelling and grammar error free, and rule error free, and be as complete as possible, but I am sure I will have missed something somewhere (probably more than 1 thing too, lol) so please point out my mistakes to me. I need you guys to be my edtor to make this really good!

Please review this file: <File deleted, see below>
-----------------------------
Edit:
I have just posted the first part of "the Books". I have broken all the rules of this site and started a new topic, as to properly present these to you guys, mainly because I think that if I just posted it in here, just the people already keeping an eye on this thread will see it, but everyone just waiting for a final product will just miss it. So this thread has become the "beta books discussion thread", and the new one is the: "this is the final product I want everyone to see thread".

So click the link and enjoy: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=23643

I hope you like it!

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format

Last edited by RobertDD; February 18th, 2009 at 09:25 PM. Reason: The Books have gone life! Part 1 is available now!
Old February 12th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: First attempt at new books. Input needed

That is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 12th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Is there a picture of it anywhere?

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old February 12th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think they look almost perfect for what they would be needed for except one thing. The stats (move, range, etc.) are listed in two places side by side. Is there any reason for that?

~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old February 12th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Nice work but some of the stats are wrong:

Class: Ninja --- should be Guards
Personality: Tricky -- should be Loyal
Size/Height: Medium 4 -- should be Small 3
Old February 12th, 2009, 08:36 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Looks very nice. Inserted into a binder like you said, these will eliminate those tricky rules questions beforehand. Like others said, there are some typos, but nothing a few iterations of Books can't solve.
Old February 12th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow, very positive reactions. Thank you guys! I am glad you like it. Keep the comments coming, though! Especially if you dislike something, or if some vital info is missing, I want to hear about it! Once This fformat is locked down and I have gone thrrough most of the units this will become much harder, and much less likely, to change.

Anyways, let me address some of your comments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Scaper View Post
Is there a picture of it anywhere?
Please just download the pdf from the link in the first post

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
I think they look almost perfect for what they would be needed for except one thing. The stats (move, range, etc.) are listed in two places side by side. Is there any reason for that?
Yes, those are the basic and advanced stats. I originally had a little caption above those indicating what was what, but it looked better without, I thought. Maybe I should rethink that... I would like to hear what others think about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Nice work but some of the stats are wrong:

Class: Ninja --- should be Guards
Personality: Tricky -- should be Loyal
Size/Height: Medium 4 -- should be Small 3
Thanks for catching that. As I was working with this I had the rulebook in front of me and I just used the stats on Shiori's card as that was what was printed. It doesn't really change the format though, so I am leaving it up as is for now. Let me know about all spelling and other errors you guys find, though, and I will take care of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
there are some typos
Please take the time to point them out!

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old February 12th, 2009, 09:01 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post

~ET86

I am going to go out on a limb and say the first column is the basic side and the second is the regular side.

EDIT:
Old February 12th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I would just get rid of the basic stats. Everything in the book has to do with the advanced game. The basic stats have no reason to be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 12th, 2009, 09:39 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I would just get rid of the basic stats. Everything in the book has to do with the advanced game. The basic stats have no reason to be there.
Old February 12th, 2009, 09:43 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:

The bios have nothing to do with the game at all but they are part of the books so why shouldnt the basic sides be?
Old February 12th, 2009, 09:44 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:

The bios have nothing to do with the game at all but they are part of the books so why shouldnt the basic sides be?
Good call Ona, get rid of the bio stuff as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units