Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 21st, 2006, 07:08 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Heroscape books

Has there ever been any talk of someone taking up the pen so to speak and writing a series of Heroscape paperback books?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I did a search and didn't find anything related.

Thanks

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 21st, 2006, 08:08 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
And someone should write a HeroScape for Dummies, too.
(just to be clear, this is a serious suggestion and not a critical comment about anyone in the world)
Old August 21st, 2006, 08:56 AM

Oprime is surprisingly tart
Most mini games release "magazine/books" with new maps and scenerios, ala Star Wars Minis. Some even character specific.

Some thing like that might be cool.
Old August 21st, 2006, 09:42 AM

Vette71 has disabled reputation
A print version of Heroscape Codex would be nice. Printing your own copies can get prohibitively expensive, but then again, at least it's available.
Old August 21st, 2006, 12:52 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette71
A print version of Heroscape Codex would be nice. Printing your own copies can get prohibitively expensive, but then again, at least it's available.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old August 30th, 2006, 04:29 AM

Jedi Master Corazz has disabled reputation
I would definately read those

Never ever insult a fig until you've tried it more than 2 times, and no fig sucks in the right hands.
Old August 30th, 2006, 05:13 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
HS for dummies might be a sign of HS making it. A paperback fiction might be a prequel to this, or would it be the other way around. Either way I like both ideas.
Old August 30th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
I think it could be done, though bio's for all characters aren't out yet. Initially, the series could be written centered around a few older characters and gradually bring in more as the background develops further.

I could see something done with Agent Carr as a central character with KMA's, Nakita's, Gnators and Micro Corps as being a periphery cast. Could do a Star Wars-ish thing with Carr seeking out the big bad guy, maybe MajorX17 or Q9. Throughout the story, Carr and crew could be hunted down by Deathreavers, Deathstalkers, and various Deathwalkers and Glad/Blasts (Stormtrooper types).

Likewise, Finn, Thorgrim, Sir Denrick and Allister McDirk could be central characters as leaders come together to fight a common enemy in the Marro faction.

Syvarris and his trusty steed Theracus, could form an alliegence with Venoc Warlard and enlist the services of Aubriens, Warriors of Ashra, Charos and Jotun to fight against the evil orc horde/Mimring/Krug.

Of course Drake could be another central character. He could be travelling through time/dimensions to gather his forces of AE, 4th Mass, Romans, Greeks and their respective leaders, to fight against Taelord/Minions/Brunak.

So many ways to make a paperback series out of this game. Unlimited potential with an enormous number of stories to tell. Heck, a lot of these characters could have an entire book written on them and their background alone. I can see so many possibilities, it's staggering.

The one thing that would have to be considered VERY carefully is that many of the readers are going to be extremely knowledgeable in the subject matter. Therefore, it couldn't be done in a half-ass manner that would be in conflict with what diehard scapers know about already. Kind of like someone not wanting to make a LOTR movie/trilogy until they could do it right, for fear of the backlash unleashed upon it for not being true to the original books.

Anyway, just some more thoughts on the matter. My examples above were purely just thought of at this moment, so in regards to actual backgrounds etc, I wasn't trying to use them as they may really be, I just threw together some things that sounded fun, but were without much research involved.

Old August 30th, 2006, 08:32 AM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Yes, writing a new HeroScape story would be a bit like writing a new Sherlock Holmes one. You have to stay consistent with what has gone before (even when that previous corpus is not completely consistent!).

What would be interesting, to me, would be a series of stories from various figures'/characters' points of view. I'd love to write one with Moresbane as the central hero. I'm sure other people also have their favorites.
Old August 30th, 2006, 08:41 AM

Rajaat the Warbringer has disabled reputation
I'd probably read them

"Go forth, then, and avenge my death!"
-- The ghost of the English language
"A Kingdom of Loathing"
Old August 30th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Yes, writing a new HeroScape story would be a bit like writing a new Sherlock Holmes one. You have to stay consistent with what has gone before (even when that previous corpus is not completely consistent!).

What would be interesting, to me, would be a series of stories from various figures'/characters' points of view. I'd love to write one with Moresbane as the central hero. I'm sure other people also have their favorites.
I agree Revdyer, the consistency would be the hardest part.

After I do some research on everything available regarding backgrounds and storyline, I may delve into writing something myself. I've written a fantasy book and have over 30k words written in another that I haven't done anything with in months since starting my painting business. I like the fantasy theme as it is totally my creation and I wouldn't be held to any previous storyline/world/characters/history etc. On the flipside, it is also very difficult to create everything and keep consistent with my own world.

My powerball/lottery winning dream, after having fun and stuff, would be to spend the rest of my life writing books. The hard part of doing it while having to work full time and having kids, is that there is so little time to keep writing on a consistent basis. Nothing worse than staring at the computer screen for half an hour to figure out where you left off and where you want to continue, and then once you figure it out, the kids wake up and bring everything to a screeching halt.

Oh well, maybe my powerball/lottery dream will someday happen

Old August 30th, 2006, 01:36 PM

I hear ya, Hahma. It might be interesting to ask for a section for "HeroScape Writers" for those of us (and you and I are not the only ones) who put some HS world stories into words.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion