Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 18th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Books of Heroscape in PDF Format

I proudly present The Books of HeroScape in pdf format:
The Books of HeroScape Part 1: MS1 - Rise of the Valkyrie
The Books of HeroScape Part 2: MS2 - Swarm of the Marro
The Books of HeroScape Part 3: Wave 1 - Malliddon's Prophecy
The Books of HeroScape Part 4: Wave 2 - Utgar's Rage
The Books of HeroScape Part 5: Wave 3 - Jandar's Oath
The Books of HeroScape Part 6: Wave 4 - Zanafor's Discovery
The Books of HeroScape Part 7: Wave 5 - Thora's Vengeance
The Books of HeroScape Part 8: Wave 6 - Dawn of Darkness
The Books of HeroScape Part 9: Wave 7 - Fields of Valor
The Books of HeroScape Part 10: Wave 8 - Defenders of Kinsland
The Books of HeroScape Part 11: Orm's Return
The Books of HeroScape Part 12: Raknar's Vision
The Books of HeroScape Part 13: Aquilla's Alliance
The Books of HeroScape Part 14: Terrain Expansions
The Books of HeroScape Part 15: Crest of the Valkyrie
The Books of HeroScape Part 16: Exclusives

The current version for all pages is 1.00

Compiled by RobertDD
Edited by quozl
With "General Art" from Bunjee
Original art created with VirtualScape by Zzzzz

Based upon and compiled from:
- The amazing Books of HeroScape by RevDyer and many others
- The astonishing Visual Synergy Charts by Ryougabot
- The excellent HeroScape FAQ 8.4 by TheGuru
- Additional rulings and clarifications by GrungeBob
- www.HeroScape.com
- www.HeroScapers.com

I am sure I am forgetting some that really should be mentioned, so if you are, or know of, someone like that, please contact me (PM is fine) and I will rectify forthwhile!

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format

Last edited by MegaSilver; February 1st, 2013 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Crest of the Valkyrie & Exclusives added, updated all to Version 1.00
Old February 18th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The books of HeroScape as pdf

BRAVO.

Downloading right now!
Old February 18th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I took a quick look- they look nice! Good work.
Old February 18th, 2009, 09:31 PM

KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker

Ok... so here's what I'm envisioning. I currently have my cards in a cd case that works, but they are quick to become de-organised and a real pain in the butt. I think I will print these pages, either on a heavier stock, or have them laminated, then find some way of attaching a sleeve over the pic and keeping copies of the cards in the sleeve. Pages will be hole punched and kept in a 3 ring binder, in order to be able to add and organize further books.

Comments?

Oh and THANKS to RobertDD for putting these together in the first place!

Mississippi boy in Ohio valley group.. Hell why not!
Ohio Valley Assoication of Heroscapers

Old February 18th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur1976 View Post
Ok... so here's what I'm envisioning. I currently have my cards in a cd case that works, but they are quick to become de-organised and a real pain in the butt. I think I will print these pages, either on a heavier stock, or have them laminated, then find some way of attaching a sleeve over the pic and keeping copies of the cards in the sleeve. Pages will be hole punched and kept in a 3 ring binder, in order to be able to add and organize further books.
Sounds great! Let me know how you you do the sleeves. I'd like to try it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 18th, 2009, 10:32 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I didn't offer anything in the development thread since I really couldn't think of much to add.

That said, this really came out amazingly well. I especially like all the rule clarifications associated with each card. Having this with us at tournaments will really help in moving things along when the inevitable FAQ questions arise.

Can't wait to have the full set.

EDIT: I was able to open the file when I downloaded it from HSers, but when I saved it to my lap top and tried to open in from there I got a damaged file error. Anyone else?

EDIT 2: I updated my Adobe and re-downloaded the file and now it opens fine.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; February 19th, 2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old February 18th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for all the positive reviews guys. It really makes me want to work on this. I have actually been monitoring this thread all night while typing up Marro for SotM and it's been fun seeing all the comments (and rep) come in.

The good news is, SotM goes much faster than RotV. There is less units tobegin with (16 instead of 30) and with the exception of the Hive, the units seem to have less rulings. Of course I haven't done most of the heros yet, so I might be in for a surprise.

I'd like to hear from the printers out there (Aldin!) what this looks like on color laser printer! And to KingArthur and Onacara (who had a very similar idea): keep us up to date on your effort. For now, goodnite 'all!

Old February 19th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post
I'd like to hear from the printers out there (Aldin!) what this looks like on color laser printer!
Looks great! Very clean, cards are legible, plenty of room to three-hole punch if desired or looks like it would be very sharp in plastic sleeves. I think doing them by sets is a good idea, but I'll probably sort them alphabetically when everything's done. Thanks again

~Aldin, bookishly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 19th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Seeker of the Last Word

Thank you for letting me know about printing these on the laser, Aldin, and for trying the holepunch!

The idea is that you can sort these pages in any way you like, maybe even maintain multiple different sorted books. For that excact reason there are no page numbers on the pages. I myself will go for alphabetically as well, and in fact, the master file in Word 2003 has all units in it in alphabetical order (so when exporting to pdf I only export certain pages.)

The reason to release this set by set is for space. RotV should be about the biggest set, and as a pdf it is about 2mb. That means the chunks like this will be easily downloadable. By the way, if anyone cares: I export in the pdf/A-1 format, which means that it is a little bigger, but guaranteed to work for almost everyone now and in the future (if you are interested, read the wikipedia entry on pdf/A.)

When all is done I will be building a series of index pages which I will also release, probably as a separate set, with the units ordered alphabetically, by point value, by set, by general, etc, very much like RevDyer's index page sticky for "The Books of HeroScape" on these forums. They will really be like lists, because they won't contain page numbers (since there are none) but I still think that that will be very usable. The idea is that you can print those pages and add them to the start or end of your book.

Old February 19th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Awesome project! Can't wait for the whole set. +rep
Old February 20th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

Re: The books of HeroScape in pdf format

Part 2: "Swarm of the Marro" has been posted in the first post of this thread. For those of you who don't believe in expansions: my work here is done. For those of you that do: I am working on Wave 1!

Old February 20th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The books of HeroScape in pdf format

Wow, quite an amazing task to take on. Thanks for taking the time to do this!

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units