Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Closed Thread

Old January 11th, 2012, 12:25 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Battlefields of Star Wars Scape (BoSS)

One thing I do want to do that would be different from other groups, is to do like main HoSS thread has done with the figures and give every one a chance to build a map/scenario. I will set up the format like you said and post it latter today or tomorrow.
Old January 11th, 2012, 06:35 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I tend to agree with Scapemage. The scenario sounds great, but the map looks kinda plain. It might look better in real life, I'd have to build it.
If it's a short, not-very-important battle, then why does it need a map and scenario?

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 11th, 2012, 10:18 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I tend to lie on FS' side, because we do not want to build maps that require large amounts of terrain. As I said I built what i considered the first part of the Geonosis Arena battle and it took me 2 RotV's and SotM's sand pieces, along side some extra terrain pieces from a few small expansions. We need to build maps with the least requirements we can, that still represent the battle.

For this I propose parts in which i have all ready brought up.
Old January 12th, 2012, 11:33 AM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins
I tend to agree with Scapemage. The scenario sounds great, but the map looks kinda plain. It might look better in real life, I'd have to build it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage
If it's a short, not-very-important battle, then why does it need a map and scenario?
It is important, if it had not happened and Leia had not sent out the droids, then a lot of things would not have happened. Also, having a faster play map/scenario every once in a while can be fun and handy, just like having a really long map/scenario every once in a while.
Old January 12th, 2012, 06:38 PM

Here we go, this is the basic structure for some map rules. Note: Map Scouts is the position that would be created for this thread, it should be simply considered a map maker position. Also, this is structure is based on the C3G form.

Spoiler Alert!

I would like votes from HoSS members on passing these rules, after that BoSS Map Scouts will vote on propositions. I will take votes on this for two days, they will then be tallied by me. All votes should be posted here. I will also pull the map that I had up from consideration. Lastly, I would like for the map creation process to be similar to the figure creation progress, but am not sure how to do this, so please let me know how.
Old January 13th, 2012, 10:27 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
I tend to lie on FS' side, because we do not want to build maps that require large amounts of terrain. As I said I built what i considered the first part of the Geonosis Arena battle and it took me 2 RotV's and SotM's sand pieces, along side some extra terrain pieces from a few small expansions. We need to build maps with the least requirements we can, that still represent the battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi Skirata View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It is important, if it had not happened and Leia had not sent out the droids, then a lot of things would not have happened. Also, having a faster play map/scenario every once in a while can be fun and handy, just like having a really long map/scenario every once in a while.
Fair enough. Reflecting on both posts here, the map you created only requires 1 RoTV and 2 FoTA, but barely any of the RoTV is used. My point is, you can use a small number of sets and still produce decent-sized maps.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 13th, 2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fair enough. Reflecting on both posts here, the map you created only requires 1 RoTV and 2 FoTA, but barely any of the RoTV is used. My point is, you can use a small number of sets and still produce decent-sized maps.
Not much of it was used because the only terrain type that would work was rock, which I used almost all of the rock from that pack.

Edit: The map/scenario sheets have the book of at the top, I left this on in case we create a map book thread similar to the figure book thread I suggested. This can be removed though.

Edit Edit : While the discussion of my map is needed and appreciated, I would prefer it if we could fix up and smooth out the rules/guidelines above. So for that purpose I am removing my map from discussions until the rules and guidelines are finished.

Last edited by Fi Skirata; January 13th, 2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old January 13th, 2012, 02:12 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

These are all very good points, let me see what I can come up with, but what Fi Skirata is saying is that you aren't going to use grass to make walkways through a ship. This just gave me an idea, let me have a moment and I'll be back.
Old January 13th, 2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Here we go, this is the basic structure for some map rules. Note: Map Scouts is the position that would be created for this thread, it should be simply considered a map maker position. Also, this is structure is based on the C3G form.

Spoiler Alert!

I would like votes from HoSS members on passing these rules, after that BoSS Map Scouts will vote on propositions. I will take votes on this for two days, they will then be tallied by me. All votes should be posted here. I will also pull the map that I had up from consideration. Lastly, I would like for the map creation process to be similar to the figure creation progress, but am not sure how to do this, so please let me know how.
Just to remind everybody, WE NEED VOTES ON THIS! The voting ends Saturday at midnight, so please vote on if you want this to be instated or not!

Last edited by Fi Skirata; January 14th, 2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old January 14th, 2012, 05:42 PM

Fi, one thing I learned from HoSS is patience, we run things at a very good pace, not slow but not fast, once I'm at home and on my computer with the Updated "The Battle of Tantive IV", I will propose it. it requires only 2 FotA w/ castle wallwalks as ground. Trust me we all apprieciate the work you have put into this, you have put up this thread, haven't you. But I'm saying that we shouldn't do things too fast, we don't even have the basis of this done yet but we'll have this up and running soon, I'm trying hard to find a solution to this, just wait for awhile and things will fall into place.

Again thanks for all the effort you have put into this (and sorry if this came across rude cause it isn't suppose to),

HS2010
Old January 14th, 2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Fi, one thing I learned from HoSS is patience, we run things at a very good pace, not slow but not fast, once I'm at home and on my computer with the Updated "The Battle of Tantive IV", I will propose it. it requires only 2 FotA w/ castle wallwalks as ground. Trust me we all apprieciate the work you have put into this, you have put up this thread, haven't you. But I'm saying that we shouldn't do things too fast, we don't even have the basis of this done yet but we'll have this up and running soon, I'm trying hard to find a solution to this, just wait for awhile and things will fall into place.

Again thanks for all the effort you have put into this (and sorry if this came across rude cause it isn't suppose to),

HS2010
I understand about having some patience, but I was hoping that if we could get the basis (the thing that I need votes on) in that stuff can fall in from there. Also, please wait to put up the updated map until we have this basis in or not. The main reason I had a time schedule is that there would be a limit on how long this will wait, because it will be the very frame needed for this sub-group. I do think I will raise the deadline to Sunday at midnight though, to give some more time.
Old January 15th, 2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:

HoSS Map Goals
1) To have a collection of archetypal maps that are designed for competition, fun, and/or casual game play with Star Wars units, and each map should have a Star Wars theme.
Each map will be categorized into one of the 3 sections below.
• Competitive Maps - Designed & tested to be balanced for equal point Star Wars armies to compete in a competitive setting.
• Scenario Maps - Designed to be used in scenarios. Has a clear theme. Tested for build & only passed if the group agrees it is usable.

2) For each map to have a specific theme with a general name. Example: The Battle on Hoth could be called: Escape from Echo Base

3) To have each Map be a collaborative effort from our BoSS Map members while encouraging support, ideas, and effort from the entire HoSS/Heroscapers.com community.

4) Maintain the position of at least 4 and no more than 6 core members who are enthusiastic, well respected, and active HoSS members, as well as an additional two specialized positions.

5) Each BoSS Member will be allowed to choose a map/scenario they wish to create. The order in which the BoSS Members make their choice will be determined by cycling through the list of BoSS Members in order. Once the map/scenario has been chosen, the BoSS Member presents a draft of the map/scenario in this thread for the community to critique. Once a general consensus has been met on the map/scenario, the BoSS Leader alerts the next BoSS Member that it is his turn to design a figure.

HoSS Map Maker's Voting and Rules
1) For any decision to be finalized, a Proposition must be submitted in this thread in this manner so it is not confused with simple chatter or normal discussion: I Propose (what it is you are Proposing).
Only BoSS Map Scouts are allowed to make a formal proposition or vote. NOTE: A map may only be proposed to be released once a PDF has been created for it, and then entire map or scenario has been built based on that PDF and then reviewed. Also, it is ideal if each map or scenario can be built and reviewed by at least 2 BoSS Map Scouts that were not the lead designer.

2) Each Proposition will have 2 days to achieve a majority vote. A Proposition will stay active for 2 days or until all Map Scouts have voted, then the votes will be tallied. A vote consists of a BoSS Map Scout posting yes or no in this thread. All active BoSS Map Scouts will have their name in the form of a link to their Heroscapers.com profile page on the first page of this BoSS map thread. Once a Proposition has passed it can only be overturned with a unanimous vote by all BoSS Map Scouts.

3) If there is a split decision on a Proposition, then any HoSS member from the HoSS Mainframe may respond to the split decision by voting. The first HoSS Mainframe member to respond will have the deciding vote.

4) For a BoSS Map Scout to design a custom for this project, they must simply follow the guide lines laid down in this post. This process should be fun and structured, if at any time there is a rule that is hindering the process, the group may simply bypass the rule for the sake of progress only.
C3G MAP MAKER'S PRODUCTION GUIDE
• DESIGN PHASE
Spoiler Alert!
No BoSS Map Scout may have more than one active design at one time.

The following are the minimum requirements for posting a new map design in the BoSS thread before moving it to the Playtesting Phase.

Fill out this template for a Competitive Map:
Spoiler Alert!

After at least 48 hours have passed, a proposition to move to the Playtesting Phase can be made.

Fill out this template for a Scenario Map:
Spoiler Alert!

For a Scenario map, the scenario and the competitive sheets must be filled out and posted.

After at least a week (168 hours) have passed, an initial playtest can be done by any Map Scout or HoSS member, then a proposition to move to the Playtesting Phase can be made.
• PLAYTESTING PHASE

Once a BoSS Map Design has been moved to the Playtesting Phase, they will be posted in the public Playtest Sign-up Thread. Any Heroscaper or HoSS/BoSS member can sign-up for one playtest at a time. The Playtester must post any completed Playtest in the BoSS map thread.

The following are the minimum requirements for Playtesting any BoSS Design and moving it to the Final Editing Phase.
• Competitive Map Design: 2 Playtesters are required. Each playtester should build the map then complete three army tests and give feedback. Playtested Competitive Map Designs must be approved by a majority BoSS Map Scout vote to move to the Final Editing Phase.
• Scenario Design: 3 Playtesters are required. Each playtester should build the map then complete at least two tests of the Scenario and one of the map without the scenario and give feedback. Playtested Scenario Designs must be approved by a majority BoSS Map Scout vote to move to the Final Editing Phase.
• FINAL EDITING PHASE
Once BoSS Map Design threads have been moved to the Final Editing Phase, certain requirements must be met for the Designs to move to the release phase.

- A PDF must be created for the Map or Scenario.
- At least one Heroscapers.com member must build the map to confirm that the build instructions work and are correct.
- Any BoSS Map Scout may stop this phase by asking for 48 hours for more playtesting. After 48 hours, the voting process may resume.
The vote to pass in this phase must be a unanimous vote among the Map Scouts. However, if a Map Scout fails to vote yea or nay within 48 hours, their vote is forfeited and is not needed to pass the unit. At the end of 48 hours, all votes will be tallied.
• RELEASE PHASE

Once a BoSS Map design is approved for "Release", it will be immediately released to the public.
• STARTING OVER
Once a Map Design has been moved to the public, the Lead Designer may go back to the Design Phase.
With those changes I vote YES

Last edited by Sheep; January 17th, 2012 at 03:59 PM.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape