Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 23rd, 2010, 07:36 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
A Little DnD Trivia for HS

Hello, I think that the new DnD is fine and well done, but that doesn't mean I understand half of the themes. Since I don't play DnD myself, I wonder how the characters in the game are. More specifically I would like a breif explanation to define the typical foes and races in DnD. I am not interested in a thousand and a half page book regarding the topic, just what they are supposed to be(in English not DnD terms).

Example: Describe the Marro:

I'd say that they are a typical Utgar race that are meant to be the "evil aliens" in HeroScape. They often have lords that mind-control them into submission. They also live in swamplands from the planet Marr. They are sworn enemies to the Vipers.

My Wishlist for an explanation:

Eladrin: I've heard "High Elf" thrown around here before. How is that?

Dragons, goblins, and orcs: What's their beef with the civilized races?

Drow: From what I understand, they are evil elves. Why?

Warforged: They look like they are covered in metal and are always at war. Any particular reason?

Mindflayers: They have sqiuds for heads and are psycic. Wonderful. Too bad I don't know a lick about them.

There will probably be more as sets come out. Thanks for any help.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 07:55 PM
Speculation has proven that I don't understand one of those two words

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker
Re: A Little DnD Trivia for HS

As far as I know the Warforged are pieces of magically enchanted metal. I got that from a quick look on Wikipedia when the name of the Wave was announced.

Kind of like they tried to put robots in a fantasy game. Wait, no. Exactly like that.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:00 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Eladrin: I've heard "High Elf" thrown around here before. How is that?

In 3e there were about a million races of elves. To try and split them up in 4e High Elves got renamed Eladrin

Dragons, goblins, and orcs: What's their beef with the civilized races?

Dragons it depends on the color whether they get along with civilized races (at least in Faerun, in Eberron, I have learned, it's a personal decision). Goblins and orcs (and hobgoblins, and minotaurs, and gnolls and bugbears...) are just naturally bestial and grouchy.

Drow: From what I understand, they are evil elves. Why?

Born and raised that way. IIrc they split off from the rest of the elves in a racial war thousands of years ago.

Warforged: They look like they are covered in metal and are always at war. Any particular reason?

Because they're made of metal and built for combat. Although they're senteint and free now, so they're only at war when they want to be.

Mindflayers: They have sqiuds for heads and are psycic. Wonderful. Too bad I don't know a lick about them.

That, and they're pure selfish evil is all that really matter about them.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:00 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Wikipedia is your friend. Simple explainations of the races. If you want more Wikia on D&D can offer up more.

Bonne Chance.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:25 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

I can help you with the drow, they are my forte! The drow live in an underground world called the Underdark (hence the name of the 3rd masterset) some dnd lore say that the drow lived above ground a long long time ago, but were very war-like and forced to retreat underground by their elf cousins. The drow still retain their war-like civilization and have come to worship the evil goddess Lolth (Lolth is a big spider fan, this explains why the drow, or namely Estivara can boost arachnids, and Pelloth and explode spiders from drow allies, and the Deepwyrm have poison weapons. I also expect to see Driders in the future) and they were cursed with white hair for worshipping Lolth. The drow hate most all other races in the world, especially other elves, although they have no qualms about stabbing each other in the back, Pelloth is living proof of that. The drow are a matriarchal society so the females are usually the ones in charge, as opposed to the males.

other facts about the underdark. The Mindflayers live in the underdark as well and don't get along well with the drow but have been known to hold alliances with Drow in special circumstances. Mindflayers are psionic beings and they love to make slaves out of other races by controlling their mind and when they get hungry, they use their slimy tentacles to invade your orafuses and eat your brain. They are nasty, and I always hated fighting them.

Last edited by Chardris1287; June 23rd, 2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:30 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

So far so good. These things can really help a guy out when using the relevant gharacters. If you have no idea what they are and can't make stuff up for them, it can be difficult to understand everything. Any other info is naturally appreciated.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 23rd, 2010, 09:52 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
So far so good. These things can really help a guy out when using the relevant gharacters. If you have no idea what they are and can't make stuff up for them, it can be difficult to understand everything. Any other info is naturally appreciated.
Ever consider trying to find out on your own?

Eladrin

Dragons

goblins

orcs

Drow

Warforged

Mindflayers
Old June 23rd, 2010, 09:57 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:

Eladrin

Dragons

goblins

orcs

Drow

Warforged

Mindflayers
Try reading over 10,000,000 results found. Not fun let me tell you. I think that I know less now than what I did know before this thread was started.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 23rd, 2010, 10:01 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Eladrin

Dragons

goblins

orcs

Drow

Warforged

Mindflayers
Try reading over 10,000,000 results found. Not fun let me tell you. I think that I know less now than what I did know before this thread was started.
How about just reading the Wikipedia entries from each of those searches?
Old June 24th, 2010, 02:38 AM
Drives for Utgar

Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Eladrin

Dragons

goblins

orcs

Drow

Warforged

Mindflayers
I got to say that your links made laugh out loud. I have always told my son if you use Google all will be answered.

I would rather bite the belly of the beast as it swallows me whole then run from it!
Old June 24th, 2010, 06:43 AM
I could go

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Eladrin

Dragons

goblins

orcs

Drow

Warforged

Mindflayers
I was planning to read them today. Later, though. It's only 6:45 AM!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 24th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

When I saw Hellboy 2 I wondered if the elves in the underworld were drow. The prince seemed very much like Drizzt, to me. The whole turning into wax thing when they died was a bit odd. I guess there might have been some inspiration from drow but ultimately they weren't the same.

Anyone else?

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion