Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 17th, 2009, 11:24 AM

fostorial is surprisingly tart
Street Fighter Customs: Group picture included

I decided to attempt sculpting as an attempt at new hobby. I quite liked the first attempts (although they aren't that great as figures) so decided to make HS figures out of them. Feedback welcome, especially on point value. Not sure how to score them.

EDIT: Heres a group shot of the figures I've made so far (in the order I made them) I changed clay with ken so him and bison aren't that great. Still have Vega, Balrog and Dhalsim left to make. Any idea on poses for dhalsim? Can't think of one that would be good.

Chun Li

Sagat

M. Bison

E. Honda

HS Card Factory (Online applet) - A simplified custom making tool!! (Designed for java 1.6, may work with 1.5)

Last edited by fostorial; May 27th, 2009 at 04:44 AM. Reason: new customs
Old May 17th, 2009, 11:36 AM

Einar's_Strategist knows what's in an order marker Einar's_Strategist knows what's in an order marker
Re: Street Fighter Customs

I believe that even range 1 figures must have line-of-sight marks for their cards.
Old May 17th, 2009, 01:27 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

I like most of the abilities you gave these figures - they do a good job of capturing the flavor that they have in the Street Fighter Games. Chun Li, though, is overcosted at 90 points with only 3 defense and 3 life. Sagat's cost is probably fairly accurate.

I would advise you pay a little more attention to the formatting and phrasing of your special abilities; it's usually best to mimic the text from official cards as closely as possible when you can.

Keep up the good work.
Old May 17th, 2009, 01:33 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouby44 View Post

I would advise you pay a little more attention to the formatting and phrasing of your special abilities; it's usually best to mimic the text from official cards as closely as possible when you can.
I agree with this, like for your Chun Li's first you should mimic Q9, like
Attack 8 Range 1
Chun Li must split her attack into groups of 1, or 2. And then it rambles, but you get the point.
Yeah, nice work.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old May 17th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Very nice, I had considered modifying some Shaolin Monks to make Ken and Ryu, but I never actually did. These are great.
Old May 20th, 2009, 04:45 AM

Quote:
I believe that even range 1 figures must have line-of-sight marks for their cards.
Good point. I'll update that when I make the cards for the other figures.

Quote:
I like most of the abilities you gave these figures - they do a good job of capturing the flavor that they have in the Street Fighter Games. Chun Li, though, is overcosted at 90 points with only 3 defense and 3 life. Sagat's cost is probably fairly accurate.

Thanks, I'm trying to take their unique moves and somehow port them to HS. Its going to be tricky to make them different enough from each other though. Like Ken and Ryu for example.

How about this for Chun Li?
Make her attacks so she can move first, making her more speedy but keeping her weak (like the game) and drop the points down to 70? or is 60 better? maybe even 50 if shes going to die pretty quick?

I'll look at a few more examples of official cards, see if I can re word some of the abilities.

Quote:
Very nice, I had considered modifying some Shaolin Monks to make Ken and Ryu, but I never actually did. These are great.
Thanks! As a first attempt I think they came out pretty well. I've made E. Honda and Ryu too. I'm waiting on more clay to be delivered before I can make the original 12. Cards will hopefully follow soon...

Thanks for the feedback!

HS Card Factory (Online applet) - A simplified custom making tool!! (Designed for java 1.6, may work with 1.5)
Old May 20th, 2009, 12:43 PM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart

I think the point value for Chun Li is right on or even a little undercost (I figured her at 100 points but I think 90 is better.) Although her stats are low the specials can be effected except on High Defense heros. 4 attacks in the first special and a potential or attacking 4 figures in the second is worth the points if the defense of the other figures are low.
Old May 21st, 2009, 06:50 PM

Re: Street Fighter Customs: Added E Honda and M Bison

Quote:
I think the point value for Chun Li is right on or even a little undercost (I figured her at 100 points but I think 90 is better.) Although her stats are low the specials can be effected except on High Defense heros. 4 attacks in the first special and a potential or attacking 4 figures in the second is worth the points if the defense of the other figures are low.
Might just leave her at 90 points then. She could be a pretty decent squad killer but weak against decent heroes. Seems fair.

Finished sculpting a couple of new figures. Starting to get slightly better at it but I guess these things take practice. Uploaded E. Honda and M. Bison.

I costed Bison high because he can attack up to 7 figures at once with psycho crusher and head stomp gets two attacks.

Honda isn't great attacking but is meant to take damage well.

Old May 21st, 2009, 07:01 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Street Fighter Customs: Added E Honda and M Bison

I believe E. Honda is under priced. I think his probably 2 spacedness would do pretty well to block off a lot of paths and he would stay alive awhile. My suggestion is to bump him up maybe 10-20 points.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old May 27th, 2009, 04:48 AM

Re: Street Fighter Customs: Group picture included

Added the group photo of the figures I've made so far.

I'll up Honda by 10 points then. Seems fair. Reckon Zangief is going to end up being really expensive. So is Akuma.

I plan on giving Akuma his raging demon combo (gonna work like chomp but he'll move into the dead units space) but it'll make him really costly.

Any idea on poses for dhalsim? Can't think of one that would be good.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards