Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 28th, 2010, 07:59 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart
SoCal Slaughter 2010 location voting

This will aid in determining the preferred site to hold this year's tournament.
Please state your preferred location and maybe say some rationale supporting that decision.
Thanks,
wnfb

I'll vote for my own place because I'm biased.
Only one vote per person.

wnfb's clubhouse
wnfb
S1R ARTOR1US
Xotli
Xn F M
GamerHusband
WreakLoosE
hextr1p
robbdaman
RenMan
Maginating(via ShermanOaksGameKnights)
Detrimentalman
boom

Game Empire Pasadena
hivelord

Frank and Sons
Leotheanimal87

other???

Last edited by warriorneedsfoodbadly; September 12th, 2010 at 07:33 PM. Reason: updates
Old August 28th, 2010, 08:24 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: SoCal Slaughter 2010 location voting

I put this in the other thread but I will put it here as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
Talking to the owner of game empire it seems that October is a really slow month for them and that they would appreciate the business a tournament brings. So if that weekend is free for them then I would vote for Game Empire. But that is just my

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old August 29th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I vote wnfb's place just because I haven't to Game Empire but I have been there-plus it's nice and big.
Old August 29th, 2010, 10:53 AM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Well I'm new to this so I vote for which ever place is close to where I live lol I live in Fullerton btw. Also I can try searching for a new spot around Orange County or LA area if you guys are interested. There is this place called Frank and Sons in the city of Industry that is a huge warehouse full of comics toys figurines etc... They hold Yugi-oh and Magic tournaments weekly. Here's a link to the place http://www.frankandsonshow.net/. They have lots of tables! If we got an event going there on the 16th we could generate a lot more interest in the game and also have fun looking around the warehouse lol I can also try my local community center as well.
Old August 29th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If it's between wnfb's community rec room and Game Empire I'm going to go with the rec room. There were a few minor downsides to it--parking was challenging, someone has to let you in the front door, and we did have to put some tables upstairs, which make some of the games feel a bit isolated--but that still beats the heck out of Game Empire (or probably any game store, most likely), where there are rules about food, no kitchen, limits on space, a tiny bathroom you're always waiting to use, far less comfortable chairs, and someone might decide to yell you for something silly, like ... oh, say ... just pulling something at random out of the air here ... not wearing your shoes. So basically, the downsides at wnfb's are few and minor; the ones at GE are more numerous and larger, but still not unbearable. Having done tournaments at both, I can say they're both good solid places, but I would not hestitate leaning towards the rec room.

However, I'm certainly open to exploring other options as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old August 29th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Any location, of sufficient size, no more than three hours away from central San Diego gets my vote.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old September 4th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll put in an official vote for the clubhouse.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old September 5th, 2010, 03:33 AM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

So I got bored today and decide to map out the other locations from my house lol. A upon doing so I discover Game Empire is closest to where I live so I vote for that as my 2nd vote if I am allowed to do so. Hopefully we get more people in on this!
Old September 5th, 2010, 05:02 PM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!

I will have to vote for the club house. It had nice restrooms, A/C, and very comforable chairs. I also liked that it was closed off from everything else. It was like we had our own private party.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Gamerhusband's customs comics thread
Old September 6th, 2010, 04:38 AM

WreakLoosE has disabled reputation

I vote club house, second vote is game empire. Just both places work for me. Rather do club house so u won't go and buy anything! Lol

Don't worry, This will only hurt a little. But for you.. I will try to make it hurt worse.
Old September 6th, 2010, 07:14 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey guys! I'm throwing a tournament on saturday and I need one more person to sign up. Here is the link. It should be a really cool experience so please join.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old September 7th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Throwing my vote in for WNFB's place.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day