Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old August 15th, 2011, 01:50 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Hexes in Texas 2011: DATE CHANGED - 10/22

Date: October 22th

Time: Setup at 11am; event starts at noon.

3000 Custer Road
Suite #150
Plano TX 75075
972-943-8135

Cost: $10 with optional prize table item. If you have the means and desire to bring prize tables items, please feel free to do so.

Army Construction:
  • Point limit: 510
  • Starting spaces: 24 hexes
  • No marvel allowed
  • Restricted: Each army can only have one card which is on the restricted list below (you can have multiples of the same common). Example: An army can have Raelin, but then you can't have Krav, or rats, etc. If you have Major Q9, you can't have Stingers, etc.
Restricted List:
Spoiler Alert!

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Power Glyphs/Treasure Glyphs:

Random Treasure Glyph pool:

Heroic Rune (+1 attack)
Brooch of Shielding (disengage)
Scarab of invunerability(temp)
Potion of Healing (temp)

Treasure Glyph Traps:
• If you roll a 1–5, you set off the trap. Leave the Treasure Glyph symbol-side
up, roll a battle die - a skull results in unblockable wound on attempting Hero.
• If you roll a 6 or higher, you did not set off the trap, and the figure that
landed on the Treasure Glyph now picks up the Treasure Glyph.

Random Power Glyph pool:

Glyph of Wannok (Wound)
Glyph of Valda (Move +2)
Glyph of Dagmar (Initiative +8 )
Glyph of Kelda (Healer)
Glyph of Gerda (Defense +1)

Attendee list:
  1. Dignan
  2. jaramillohector
  3. Moonwalker
  4. Raven
  5. Unnamed Warrior
  6. fencerjared
  7. R˙chean
  8. Tmac
  9. Tmac's Dad
  10. Annubianwolf88
  11. zuko
  12. StacySensei
  13. Cheddarlimbo
  14. Wolfman1968
  15. Wolfman Son #1
  16. Wolfman Son #2
  17. Wolfman Son #3
  18. Velenne
  19. Lightbringer
  20. Gladdragon
  21. brhodges
  22. Velenne's wife
  23. Boodog

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Last edited by Dignan; October 19th, 2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old August 15th, 2011, 01:55 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Hexes in Texas 2011: A National Heroscape Day Event - 10

Alright, just thought I'd get the ball rolling here. I copied the event post from last year and we will modify as we need to.

First question to the community:

Do we want to leave this event "straight up" or add the restricted list to it?

R˙chean and a few of us were talking and the idea of adding the restricted list to the event came up. I'm personally in favor of it as I think it's a pretty good way of curtailing the "power builds" that many of us are tired of seeing.

Thoughts?

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old August 15th, 2011, 03:32 PM

jaramillohector Woo who?

I have not been able to make a tournament in awhile so i hope i am not barred. I would like to be the second to sign up. Please also put my son Moonwalker on the list and my wife Raven. I want to sign my 11 year old son as well, but we dont have a nick name for him yet, so how about the unnamed warrior?
Old August 15th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I'm in favor of using the restricted list and am working to make arrangements (now that I'm un-retired) to get away that weekend.
Old August 15th, 2011, 04:22 PM

jaramillohector Woo who?

I like going against armies i have never seen. So i am in favor of the restricted list as well.
Old August 15th, 2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaramillohector View Post
I have not been able to make a tournament in awhile so i hope i am not barred. I would like to be the second to sign up. Please also put my son Moonwalker on the list and my wife Raven. I want to sign my 11 year old son as well, but we dont have a nick name for him yet, so how about the unnamed warrior?
Excellent, it will be great to have you guys back at an event!

Old August 15th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Any ideas on the point total yet, Dignan?

Oh, and I'm in.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 15th, 2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Any ideas on the point total yet, Dignan?
It hasn't been discussed. I assume that we'll keep it in the usual 450-550 ballpark. I think we played 540 last year.

Old August 15th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, not to be a stick in the mud, but I just checked the army point totals for the last several NHSD events here in DFW. We've run:

2010 - 520 points
2009 - 540 (may've been 520)
2008 - 500
2007 - 500

I'm not sure how I feel about the restricted list yet, but I do know I would like to see a little variety as far as the point totals go. Perhaps something under 500? Or maybe 510?

Anyway you cut it, I'm ready to start mapping out some army ideas so it'd be cool if we could get the points figured out soon. Just sayin'

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 15th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

You could do what we did in Arkansas last year...550 point armies, unless you put Q-9, Raelin, or Rats in the army (and you're only allowed one of those three) in which case you only get 500 points.

By the way...got the go ahead to be out of the pulpit on that weekend, so sign me up.
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:00 PM

jaramillohector Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaramillohector View Post
Excellent, it will be great to have you guys back at an event!
I like the 500 point idea. Maybe 510. and thanks for hospitality.
Old August 16th, 2011, 01:44 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll be there.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day