Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old August 8th, 2011, 07:57 AM

Dragonmaster384 is surprisingly tart
GenCon 2011 Thank-Yous

Just wanted to give a shout-out to R˙chean and all the other volunteers that make 'scape at GenCon as awesome as it is! I had a blast this weekend, and I know my little brothers did too. You guys have my thanks for running some awesome events, I hope to see more of the same in the future(hey, maybe next year I'll actually help out with some of it!).

8 RotV, 2 MTCB, 4 SotM, 2 BftU, 5 RttFF, 4 VW, 3 TT, 9 FotA, 3 TJ, 2+ of each Unique, 3+ of each Common/Uncommon
Want to count your 'scape?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=32267
Old August 8th, 2011, 12:40 PM

Mr Infidel is surprisingly tart
Re: GenCon 2011 Thank-Yous

I agree, everything went VERY smooth even with that many people.

Had a great time and met a lot of cool guys and gals.
</IMG>

Fitter. Happier. More Productive
Old August 8th, 2011, 02:42 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My first Gen Con and glad to see this thread, otherwise I would have started one myself.

I'm grateful to have been a part of this. The biggest thanks goes to R˙chean; it was a pleasure to have met him and seen first hand the results of his efforts. The volunteers were on top of it as well and there was a real nice sense of community. I even didn't mind the seating resets because each time I ducked playing an opponent I would have rather avoided.

Without a doubt, it was the most fun and intense gaming I've ever done. I used to attend board game conventions back in the 80's while in high school/college, so I have some degree of perspective on the above statement.

It was great to meet everyone that I've been reading about on this forum for the past year. Everyone was fun to play with/against. Furthermore, although I like to laugh and tease my opponent during the match -- which is probably too distracting -- I'm also self-depreciative to a fault. I'm trying to work on that, but the high level of play had me a bit out of my comfort zone! So, a big thank you to everyone who shared their insights about the game with me, I learned a lot.

Special shout out to Lord Trask (Larry, it was great to meet you!). Not only did he swap out for free a painted Sam Brown sculpt for a regular one, the man ran out to his car -- in the middle of insane humidity, no less -- to loan me a Concan figure for the ToC tourney. Or was it your hotel room? Please say it was your car, it makes the story far more epic. Either way, reply to this thread so I can pos rep you, sir!

I'm glad I discovered this game and I'm glad I went -- I can't recommend the Gen Con Heroscape experience enough.

Last edited by Deroche; August 8th, 2011 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Revisions and spelling for the win! -- see his response for original mistakes
Old August 8th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

R˙chean rocks! Thanks for all the hard work you've put in all these years.

Also a big thanks from the Nebraska crew (well at least half of us) to Lonewolf for letting us stay with you and Scaper Dude. We had a blast!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; August 8th, 2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Everybody needs a Chris...
Old August 8th, 2011, 03:09 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

I don't have really have anything to say that hasn't been said, but I'd like to thank R˙chean (once again) and I was rather amazed at how well it ran even when he was participating in tournaments, so I'd also like to thank everyone else who helped R˙chean run it. And thanks for all the cool prizes!

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old August 8th, 2011, 03:33 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A big thanks goes to the main man R˙chean for making all the fun possible. I also have to give HUGE thanks to my wife for stepping up and GMing on Sunday so I could participate in ToC. She was a bit nervous at first but seemed to get the hang of it. Now she just needs to learn how to crack the whip so everyone finishes when she calls time for a game. I also want to thank Tiny Timmy for getting a vehicle and riding out with us a day earlier than he had planned. And last but not least I want to thank EVERYONE for not kicking me for playing 20 rats in the Slugfest but I did give alot of people a heads up that I was playing it so

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old August 8th, 2011, 03:49 PM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker

R˙chean Thank you! I'm glad you lead gencon for all this time and when I first met you sir it was like seeing a new President fresh, hopeful and ready to conquer the world, then they leave tired, stressed and with a lot more grey hair. Your leadership will be missed. May God bless you sir! & I can't wait to see you next year in a more relaxed atmosphere!
Respectfully George!
Old August 8th, 2011, 04:05 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart

Thanks to R˙chean for organizing this all not just this year, but in years past too! Also thanks to all the GMs and others who volunteered for set up and clean up, to Retlaw for the pictures and for storing all the 'Scape, and thanks to everyone who played!
Old August 8th, 2011, 05:15 PM

bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, but this was my first Gencon and it really was awesome. I had so much fun playing and meeting so many new people and I just want to thank R˙chean and all the volunteers so much, because it was a week that I certainly won't forget.

Play Minecraft or video games? Check out Blu.Dot Productions on Youtube
Play 40K? Check out Bamogames on Youtube
Old August 8th, 2011, 06:46 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Thanks to R˙chean for running another great Gencon Heroscape event. And thanks to all the scapers out there who participated in the Tournaments, without you Heroscape at GenCon would not exist. Keep on Scaping!!

-ZB

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old August 8th, 2011, 06:57 PM

Charr21 Woo who?

First I want to thank R˙chean for all the work he did setting this up. As this also was my first GenCon and first Heroscape competition, I enjoyed it thoroughly. Thank you again!

Second, I want to thank everyone that I played against. I couldn't have enjoyed it if I didn't have an opponent. You all fought well and I enjoyed every battle I went into. Thank you!

The best thing to say when your best unit has been destroyed:

What is this?
Old August 8th, 2011, 07:05 PM

Lord Trask knows what's in an order marker Lord Trask knows what's in an order marker

Thanks!

That is for everyone that I met over the weekend. We (killergoat72 and I) love heroscape because it is a great game, and we love heroscapers because it is the best community on the internet. That quality was very evident in all of my opponents and the others that I shared a laugh with.

My biggest thanks is to Ry (and his army of volunteers), he has refined the HS tournament into an art and I am sure that he will be very effective in downloading his knowledge/expertise into the next brain. When Ry announced that he would no longer run these at Gencon, our decision to attend was a no brainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Special shout out to Lord Trask (Larry, it was great to me you!). Not only did he swap out a painted Sam Brown sculpt for a regular one, the man ran out to his car -- in the middle of insane humidity, no less -- to loan me a Concan figure for the ToC tourney. Or was it your hotel room? Please say it was your car, it makes the story far more epic.
In my car. It was my pleasure. I really enjoyed our games and you were a lot of fun between games. I will watch for your posts and neg rep appropriately

Spideysox and TheMind, I wish you the best!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con