Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 12th, 2022, 11:00 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Did AH say that the card reveal for Killian for the voting was the actual stats and abilities for him?

I didn't see it confirmed anywhere.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; October 12th, 2022 at 11:03 AM. Reason: some can say so much without actually saying anything
Old October 12th, 2022, 11:06 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Did AH say that the card reveal for Killian for the voting was the actual stats and abilities for him?

I didn't see it confirmed anywhere.
Yes, Patrick confirmed that the Killian we saw is the version currently being tested.

https://discord.com/channels/8619790...51824186908752
Old October 12th, 2022, 11:06 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The nostalgia point is really sad in trying to create a new chapter/starting point in this game. I do feel sad that an unpainted reprint of ROTV for $100, +$20 add the SOTM figs and maybe the polar bears, +$55 for trees and walls, would probably be fairing better at this point. You'd hit the new players a lot easier, and it'd probably be at a price point that old players would find that a solid price for an updated plastic ROTV amount of terrain and just do who knows what with unpainted minis of just a common unit. Maybe people would find new sculpts of the classic figures cool, even if unpainted.

I personally would not have bought the master set, I have enough basic terrain tiles. But I'd buy the SOTM/bears and walls/trees packs. Maybe they should have did that, then go with all the new units separately in stores, along with some random resculpted reprints of old units.

Upset City Baby.

Last edited by brak88; October 12th, 2022 at 11:33 AM.
Old October 12th, 2022, 11:08 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
If this were wave 11, 12, Desert terrain expansion, and Large hero expansion 4 we would be funded already. Because it would be Nostalgic.
I have to say I disagree. I don't think there's 2-4 million dollars worth of Nostalgic Backers out there. Somehow they needed to find a way to appeal to Nostalgia while also creating an attractive product to introduce new players to the game.
Old October 12th, 2022, 11:08 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
The nostalgia point is really sad in trying to create a new chapter/starting point in this game. I do feel sad that an unpainted reprint of ROTV for $100 would probably be fairing better at this point. You'd hit the new players a lot easier, and it'd probably be at a price point that old players would find that a solid price for an updated plastic ROTV amount of terrain.

Maybe they should have did that, then go with all the new units separately in stores, along with the SOTM and some random resculpted reprints of old units.
The thing to do would be to use nostalgia to bring it back, then change the direction/theme once everyone is playing again.

Thats what HeroQuest did. It reprinted all the old material, added a few new things that didn't have to be used if you didn't want them in the game, and once they ran out of stuff to reprint they started developing new content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
If this were wave 11, 12, Desert terrain expansion, and Large hero expansion 4 we would be funded already. Because it would be Nostalgic.
I have to say I disagree. I don't think there's 2-4 million dollars worth of Nostalgic Backers out there. Somehow they needed to find a way to appeal to Nostalgia while also creating an attractive product to introduce new players to the game.
Throw in some dice and order markers, make the terrain expansion a little bigger, and then new players can get in too. But what they have now isn't attractive to new players either, and isn't as appealing to existing players.
Old October 12th, 2022, 11:27 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I wonder if the main thing holding the campaign back is the constant stream of negative commentary. How is a new potential purchaser supposed to feel inspired to spend the money when most of what they read are complaints from gatekeepers?

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 12th, 2022, 11:32 AM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I wonder if the main thing holding the campaign back is the constant stream of negative commentary. How is a new potential purchaser supposed to feel inspired to spend the money when most of what they read are complaints from gatekeepers?
Are potential new purchasers really reading this thread or the Discord servers, though? The remaining 5,000+ backers are likely elsewhere IMO. They're on BoardGameGeek or stumbling upon the campaign through social media or news articles.
Old October 12th, 2022, 11:35 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I have wondered that also, but people accuse you of discouraging the community from expressing themselves when you say that kind of thing.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 12th, 2022, 11:37 AM

FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Gatekeepers? Besides feeling the onus on the backers with these campaigns, we now feel the responsibility of trying to improve the game by pointing out what we dislike, and being the reason new backers are not joining?

Hasbro has done little to sell this to new buyers and many veterans of the game. Sell it, right the wrongs, provide the material that people are waiting for before dropping car payments on an unnecessary item.

I just find it funny that those speaking up about what they dislike are the negative ones that are responsible for holding people back when Hasbro rushed a campaign and their flaws are showing; drastically…but we, we are the problem?
Old October 12th, 2022, 11:38 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
Are potential new purchasers really reading this thread or the Discord servers, though? The remaining 5,000+ backers are likely elsewhere IMO. They're on BoardGameGeek or stumbling upon the campaign through social media or news articles.
I don’t know about you, but if I’m going to spend $250+ on a game, you bet I’m going to do a few Google searches and see what people are saying. I’m certain newbies are seeing these discussions which are perpetuated primarily be disgruntled old school fans.

You know what they say. “Fans ruin everything”

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 12th, 2022, 11:38 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Not my place to say it as I obviously have a bias, but yeah, that’s been at the front of my thoughts quite a bit.

I hope it’s not the case, but whenever I am going to back a KS I always go to forums and comments.
Old October 12th, 2022, 11:39 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
It may be a thing but it isn't the MAIN THING.

Don't get it twisted. The main thing is the poorly executed campaign.

Non 'scapers on BGG and elsewhere are pointing this out and they aren't talking about whatever negative stuff might be on FB or discord; they are talking about the shoddy campaign.

Let's not blame the community for AH/Hasbro's short comings on this effort.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; October 12th, 2022 at 11:42 AM. Reason: really it isn't our fault

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion