Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

View Poll Results: Marvel Allowed?
Yes 11 29.73%
No 26 70.27%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 10th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Gen Con Main Event Champion - 2015

weesel99 knows what's in an order marker weesel99 knows what's in an order marker
NHSD Columbus Ohio - 10/16/10

2010 National Heroscape Day

I am just starting this thread to advertise and find out the interest in a tourney held in the Columbus, OH area. I will be hosting with assistance from ManTrainChooChoo, MattserTruckRally, Pickle4192, jacob_j_p and No, David, No (The Columbus Crew). Depending on the number of players I will opt out and just oversee, but if there is an odd number I will play to prevent byes.

Date: Saturday, October 16th

Time: 10 AM to 5 PM (cleanup time). Registration/set up 10-11, start at 11.

670 Lakeview Plaza Boulevard, Suite E, Worthington, OH 43085
Columbus Area Boardgaming Society - Map

Format: 5 round swiss. 495 point, 24 hex armies. Five 45 minute rounds. It will be partial card scoring. If no clear winner (perfect record) has been determined by the end of round 5 then there will be a championship. If there is a championship game there will also be a 6th round for any players interested. Please bring your own dice, wound markers, and order markers, if possible.

Glyphs: Treasure - 1 Main pool placed before each match. You will never know which ones you have and could possibly have multiples of the same glyph. If you fail to disarm the trap your opponent will roll 3 dice for attack.
Spoiler Alert!

Entry fee/Prizes: Bring a prize and you'll take home a prize. Prizes can be anything...Heroscape related, other games or even a gift certificate to somewhere.

The Columbus Crew will also be adding prizes to the table which include a ROTV Master set, Fortress of the Archkyrie and a set of Wave 1.

1st Place Trophy

2 - $25 Gift Certificates from Wargamers HQ

$25 Gift Certificates from House Mouse Games

WOTC Prize Support thanks to R˙chean:
3 - D&D Master Sets
1 - Set of Wave D2

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher - 1 Dice Bowl as Prize - Bringing additional For Sale

Maps

Attendees
Spoiler Alert!

Possibles
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by weesel99; October 14th, 2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old August 10th, 2010, 11:10 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: NHSD Columbus Ohio - 10/16/10

So, should NorthEast Ohio have their own, or should we have one big Ohioscape tourney that all Ohioans go to? I (and other NEOscapers) will have to think about that, as 2 1/2 hours is a lot to drive for most people.
Old August 10th, 2010, 11:17 AM

weesel99 knows what's in an order marker weesel99 knows what's in an order marker

Talking to KC this weekend he said that he wouldn't have time to get something together. We have been going up there the last few years and wanted to participate in NHSD so decided to put one together here.

One giant Ohio tournament would be pretty fantastic. Get the NEOscapers and the Dayton scapers and misc other scapers...we could possibly rival TX and other areas turnouts.
Old August 10th, 2010, 12:45 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!

Our only big problem at the moment is finding a place to accomodate everyone. We're planning on meeting this week to talk about a place that will meet our needs. I'll be donating at least 6 sets of Wave 10 boosters for our event and a Castle set since we've already got plenty of these items.

Also if the NE Ohio Scapers can't make it to weesels, it's cool if you host one up there. A two and half hour drive (five hours total) puts a pretty big dent into a Saturday so it's understandable.

Grenade lobbyist
Old August 10th, 2010, 02:20 PM

I may be able to come into my work on the weekend and set everything up in one of our big conference rooms.
Old August 11th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
So, should NorthEast Ohio have their own, or should we have one big Ohioscape tourney that all Ohioans go to? I (and other NEOscapers) will have to think about that, as 2 1/2 hours is a lot to drive for most people.

Ohio usually has had only one and some people drive really far to make it. I have been fortunate to have it close, it's my turn to drive far.

Count Sarah and myself in.
Old August 11th, 2010, 12:15 PM

Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker

I +1 might go. Columbus isn't too far.

Dund is just tricky, that's all.
Old August 12th, 2010, 08:49 AM

I am open for any map suggestions you may have also. We're probably going to try to get at least 10 if not 15 different maps...maybe more.
Old August 12th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

did anyone send out a PM to the Ohio residents that haven't posted yet?
Old August 12th, 2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest ninja View Post
did anyone send out a PM to the Ohio residents that haven't posted yet?
I haven't sent one out yet. Could you add some people to the list that I have? I don't know all the Ohio people.

Killercactus
Brownsfan
Wookie
Marduk
Old August 12th, 2010, 08:12 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

I am interested. I need to speak with the guys.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old August 13th, 2010, 11:43 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2007, 2009, & 2012

MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby! MattserTruckRally rolls all skulls baby!

For maps I'm suggesting Fulcrum and Just Passing Through (GenCon Maps). I'm also a fan of the very old Highways and Dieways.

Grenade lobbyist

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day