Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old May 11th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: davidlhsl's Battles - Bank Shot

Team Cloak will be nasty. Dagger and Dazzler will be able to tear opponents apart when they are in Cloak's Aura of Darkness.

Ever felt the pain of someone suddenly turning on the lights when you were in the dark?
Old May 12th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You could call that one: "Rude Awakening."

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 12th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Morning After

Old May 12th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Sock Puppet: “Hello, everybody! Sock Puppet here, and I’m joined by Bob! Feeling better, Bob?”

Bob: “Yep. I need to remind myself not to eat anything David brings in. I still remember that Vegemite episode.”

Sock Puppet: “What Vegemite episode?”

Bob: “I’m too tired to look back through the thread.”

David: (off camera) “Anybody want some of these crab rangoons?”

Bob: “Shut up, David! Sock Puppet, what do you think of these bank rules?”

Sock Puppet: “I like the setting. I’m not certain the safe cracking is having too much of an impact on the actual battle, but it’s a fun scenario.”

Bob: “I have an idea what David might do in the next group. He’ll feed both teams his crab rangoons, and both teams will race to have their stomachs pumped. Then they’ll all battle at a food poisoning penalty of -2 attack dice.”

David: (off camera) “Hey, that’s a great idea!”

Bob: “Shu-u-u-ut up, please!”

Sock Puppet: “Let’s hope David comes up with something better. Meanwhile, we have to more teams at the bank.”

Team Silver Banshee vs. Team Bizarro

Spoiler Alert!

Bracket Updated
Old May 12th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

David: “We’ve got one more battle in the first round of the tournament with the Evil Teams, Sports Fans! This is David reporting, and I’m joined by my good friend, Bob! Hey, Bob. Try one of these delicious brownies.”

Bob: “Uh, no. I don’t have much luck with you where food is concerned.”

David: “Care for a refreshing beverage?”

Bob: “Nope.”

David: “Breath mint?”

Bob: “Nuh, uhn.”

David: “How about a nice, warm, rusted can of Burt’s Beer?”

Bob (sweating): “Uh, oh. Well, I can’t resist Burt’s. Gimme!”

David: “Enjoy, my friend!”

Bob: glug-glug-glug “Ahhhhhh, thanks! Who is taking their crack at the bank today?”

David: “We have a Doctor in the house, and there’s some Smoke and Mirrors shimmering in the Vault Room at the other bank. Ready?”

Bob: “With a can of Burt’s, I’m all set. Let’s tear that vault open!”

Off-camera announcer: “This special tournament is brought to you by the good folks at Burt’s Beer. Burt’s Beer: If you think battle mats are flat, you should try our beer!”

Team Doctor Octopus vs. Team Mysterio

Spoiler Alert!

Bracket Updated
Old May 12th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Aww. I hate seeing Mysterio go down like that.
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Programming Note…

Inspired by discussion in C3G about how great it would be to play out a battle in an urban environment with tight alleys and littered with innocent (or guilty) bystanders, I’ve decided to use my battle mat in the upcoming set of battles to depict just such a setting. Since I don’t need to leave the markers on the mat overnight, the actual layout may vary.

Spoiler Alert!

I’ve marked the various parts about the map in the photo. Oh, I also need to add some fire escapes to the buildings. Some extra info:

Figures may jump from one rooftop to a same-level or lower-level rooftop separated by an alley space no larger than 2 spaces wide by rolling a number of dice equal to any number of unused movement points. Each shield represents one space the figure can jump. If the figure lacks the number of spaces to make the jump, the figure simply remains at the edge of the rooftop, and the entire movement points are expended.

I’ve mixed a collection of various bystanders. If a figure ends his movement adjacent to a bystander, you reveal it at the end of that figure's turn. If it’s a Thug, it will get an immediate free attack. Thugs remain on the map and will fire on the nearest figure at the end of each round. If it’s a Civilian, ignore. If it’s a Cop, you may place the Cop on the Army Card of the figure. You may remove the Cop from the Army Card to ignore any one wound received. If it’s the VIP, that team wins the game. (Note: a team can still win by taking out the other team, so this victory objective isn’t necessary to win.)

If a figure kills any bystander other than the Thug (directly or indirectly), it immediately takes an unblockable attack die. If a figure kills the VIP, that team loses. At the end of each round, each bystander will be randomly moved on the map after Thugs conduct their fire.

Alleys are considered shadow spaces.

It costs 2 movement points to move from one floor to the next. Figures may move freely within the interior 1st Level and Rooftop, but must remain within the stairwell spaces on levels in between.

Those are just some highlights. I’ll also keep the facing rules I’ve been using. I will also use knockback rules, but figures can’t be knocked off rooftops. The edges of the rooftops will be considered the same as edge of map spaces for knockback purposes, so figures will simply end their knockback there without taking any damage.

I’m looking forward to giving this a run in the next battle!
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Cool. It's like a whole new game. C3G's first spin off game!
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I'm actually more excited about what you mentioned earlier today. That simply sounds amazing, and I really look forward to seeing what you develop.
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Re: davidlhsl's Battles

David: “Let’s get Gritty in the City, Sports Fans! I’m David, and joining me in the Urban Jungle is my compatriot, Bob!”

Bob: “I’ve been reading your proposed rules for this city battle, David. I hope this works out well, as I really like this setting.”

David: “I hope it works as well. I liked the freeway battles a lot, but I think those bank rules needed work. This setting is actually what I was planning on developing when I first discovered C3G, so I’m really excited to flesh this out.”

Bob: “I guess there’s only one way to see how it works. Shall we play?”

David: “Yes, let’s do it!”

Off-camera announcer: “This special tournament is brought to you by the good folks at Burt’s Beer. Burt’s Beer: Be very careful how you say Gritty City!”

Team Shang-Chi vs. Team Aquaman

Spoiler Alert!
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Re: davidlhsl's Battles - Gritty City

Team Shang-Chi vs. Team Aquaman (continued)

Spoiler Alert!

Bracket Updated
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
C3G: Smiley Face Kingdom!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion