Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 26th, 2012, 08:37 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Lightbulb Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played 5x Scape, King of Tokyo, and Castle Panic.

Scape was mainly for dialing in Nimrod, but the last game was exciting. It came down to a Man-Bat and Captain Marvel with one life remaining. The Man-Bat got the Claw and the win.

KoT my daughter killed me early and smoked my son 20 to 9.

CP was a fiasco. We lost the Wizard's Tower early and got really unlucky with the monster draw.

Good day.
Old August 27th, 2012, 03:26 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

A number of people have asked about our Brooklyn Gang of Four's GENERALSCAPE game, which has been postponed four times (after I've waited ten years to set it up). It is finally scheduled for next month, no matter how many can or cannot show up. Previously, I've wanted to get all of us in there. It should be happening September 21. We'll be using my own scenario (Battle At a the original Thomun's Wellspring), with the custom general army cards by ScaperDad and my Valkril. For details, see ScaperDad's thread in Custom Figures and my thread in Custom Scenarios as well.

Archkyrie Generals will finally be on the table! Yay! And yes, vydar and Einar are working with Utgar, as originally conceived in Scape back in the day, before so many Utgar army cards were issued that he overwhelmed everyone else.

Last edited by chas; August 28th, 2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old August 27th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
A number of people have asked about our Brooklyn Gang of Four's GENERALSCAPE game, which has been postponed four times (after I've waited ten years to set it up). It is finally scheduled for next month, no matter how many can or cannot show up. Previously, I've wanted to get all of us in there. It should be happening September 21. We'll be using my own scenario (Battle At a the original Thomun's Wellspring), with the custom general army cards by ScaperDad and my Valkril. For details, see Dadscaper's thread in Custom Figures and my thread in Custom Scenarios as well.

Archkyrie Generals will finally be on the table! Yay! And yes, vydar and Einar are working with Utgar, as originally conceived in Scape back in the day, before so many Utgar army cards were issued that he overwhelmed everyone else.
I'm intrigued, Chas, I hope all of the other Gangsters show up and you have a great time.

I don't want people on a wild goose chase looking for a thread that isn't there, though. You meant ScaperDad, I suspect.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 27th, 2012, 05:16 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Fixed. Thanks. Which one of you is the other guy's Evil Twin?

Last edited by chas; August 28th, 2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old August 27th, 2012, 07:09 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am finished up a Totem Hunter for Warmachine last night.
Old August 28th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Tonight had a nice mix of games played:

Space Beans x 2 - Fun quick card game that I've played a few times before.

Dominion x 1 - I haven't played this in quite a while. It was nice to get a game in.

Witch's Brew x 1 - First time playing this game and I really enjoyed it. My buddy had the German version of the game since the English version is out of print. But he had printed in English, the rulebook and cards that had text on them from online and had the cards nicely sleeved and backed. There were other cards with no text, so they were fine as they came in the game box, as were the other chits. Very fun game.

Last Will x 1 - I finally got to play this game I got about a month ago (I know, some of you guys have for a year w/o seeing table time so I shouldn't have felt bad for a month's wait). We played the full 5 player game and fortunately I was able to walk one of the other players through the rules while the other players were finishing up another game, so that helped later on when he could help others. If you've played certain different Euro games, then some of the mechanics are familiar in this game, just done a little different. So those that were used to Euro games had a much better ideal of how things went after a couple rounds, while a couple others took a bit longer to "get it". There is a lot to explain for sure and a bit of icons that interact and have synergy if you will. Fortunately I had printed off 2 copies of the back page of the rulebook that had all the symbols and their meanings to help others out. It was a fun game and certainly offers different paths to victory. It gets extra interesting near the end when someone is getting close to spending all their money and then everyone else scrambles to see how to maximize their last few spending sprees.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 28th, 2012, 07:41 AM

The New York Gang of Four just played Shadow Cavern with three players, and the Good Guys won, although it was ckose several times. For a few details, see the Lost Scenarios thread.
Old August 28th, 2012, 08:57 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
So.....

Old August 28th, 2012, 09:15 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

So yesterday I traded my neighbor some Magic cards he wanted in exchange for his old copy of the Halo Interactive Strategy Game. I now have two copies of the game, and as we found out that is loads more fun. Some of the problems we had been having with using only 1 set were that there were a couple of pieces missing (I actually crafted them into custom terrain ages ago), so part of the game was lacking, and that only 2 people could play at any given time. With two sets, we now can create much larger maps, and with the excess of units, not only can we play with 4 players, but we can customize our forces.

We played a game with both sets yesterday. I was the Covenant while my neighbor was the UNSC. I began moving about half of my units out first, priming them with only mediocre weapon I drew from the stack, while keeping the other half back for later reinforcements. My neighbor moved mostly everyone out and got them with weapons early on, and he was drawing crazy weapons. By the endgame, he had 3 or 4 Marines (his weakest units) holding Sniper Rifles among other things. He moved a couple of his Spartan IIs up on a cliff, but low and behold my puny Grunt walked in with a lucky pull of a Fuel Rod Gun and eliminated his forces on the cliff. I began moving the other way to meet him along the bridge, but his long range weapons eliminated most of my Brutes and Elites before I could engage. I ended up losing, even though it didn't look that way in the beginning. One of the best games I've played in a while.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 28th, 2012, 09:26 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Quote:
So.....

I painted more warmachine models this week than you I started up Sorscha last night.
Old August 28th, 2012, 12:36 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I painted more warmachine models this week than you I started up Sorscha last night.
This is probably true. After Conquest I got kind of stalled out working on my Troll cavalry. Probably going to take a break from it and work on some more Khador and Mercs.

Speaking of, our event Sunday went well. A couple players figured out that it was less about winning and more about achievements and did quite well in that regard. Nice, fun casual day. I got to rip an Earthborn in half with Conquest after it ripped off half of Conquest and smash a Bomber with the Behemoth. Our next event is mid-Sept and will be our first competitive run that people have been clamoring to have for months now.
Old August 28th, 2012, 12:59 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

Played game 17 of Risk: Legacy yesterday. I emerged victorious after
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games