Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Notices

Old April 30th, 2012, 01:15 AM

Jack o' Blades knows what's in an order marker Jack o' Blades knows what's in an order marker
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Regionals today. Really excited, and nervous.
How'd you do?? I went X-3 with Chaos Dragons (before it was big by winning a YCS, now everybody runs it ) and ultimately placed 38th out of about 300 some. One of the games I played I was playing under the assumption that Skill Drain negated Light Pulsar Dragon's "Special Summon a Lv5+ dark dragon", which cost me the 3rd round victory. Another game I forgot to add Dark Armed Dragon to my hand via Eclipse Wyvern's effects, and once again that one turn cost me the 3rd round win. So in theory, I went X-1

Haha nah, realistically, live and learn is how I see it.

I'm currently working on a new build that seems to be pretty legit, but I'm lacking in the extra deck department. I still have to hunt down a Tiras, Brionac, and Black Rose!

Did you go to the Galactic Overlord Sneak Peak?

-Jack

Last edited by Jack o' Blades; April 30th, 2012 at 01:24 AM.
Old April 30th, 2012, 01:00 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I went 5-3, misplayed horribly in my first two games. One my next 5, then lost to Fabled round 8. I hate that deck so much.

And yes I did go to the Galactic Overlord sneak peek. Traded off all my new holos though since people usually want the new stuff more and it's a great time to pick up stuff you're looking for.

I also updated my trade binder if you want to check that out. I trade YuGiOh a lot, so just let me know if there's anything you're interested in. I'll post my wants too.

1x Secret Thunder King Rai Oh
1x Secret Emergency Call
3x Ulti Miracle Fusion
2x Inzektor Hornet
3x Ulti Effect Veiler
2x Ulti Solemn Warning
3x Secret Pot of Duality
2x TU06 Gemini Spark
3x Tuningware
1x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
1x Ultra Beast King Barbaros

Old May 1st, 2012, 11:50 PM

Jack o' Blades knows what's in an order marker Jack o' Blades knows what's in an order marker

Fabled huh? I didn't see any of that at my regionals. What did you run?

I know you traded everything, but did you pull anything good at the Sneak Peak? I managed to open into a Number 11: Big Eye, so I can't complain!

As far as trades go, I too have a specific list of wants, but I have a rather low-end list of trades

I just got back into this, so the money I've put into it has gone straight into my deck, and so far the store credit I've won from tournaments has either gone into either sleeves/binders, or the only packs the store has left (Hidden Arsenal 5 and Duelist Pack Crow )

I may know somebody who would be interested in your Judgment Dragon though, what do you value it at?

-Jack
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:24 AM

Random-Hero Woo who?

I used to play this game, stopped when sychros were introduced. What an annoyance they are, oh don't get my started on how much I hate synchros.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 01:01 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack o' Blades View Post
Fabled huh? I didn't see any of that at my regionals. What did you run?

I know you traded everything, but did you pull anything good at the Sneak Peak? I managed to open into a Number 11: Big Eye, so I can't complain!

As far as trades go, I too have a specific list of wants, but I have a rather low-end list of trades

I just got back into this, so the money I've put into it has gone straight into my deck, and so far the store credit I've won from tournaments has either gone into either sleeves/binders, or the only packs the store has left (Hidden Arsenal 5 and Duelist Pack Crow )

I may know somebody who would be interested in your Judgment Dragon though, what do you value it at?

-Jack
I was running Scraps, which are absolutely horrible against Fableds. I also didn't have any Maxx "C" at the time, so it was even worse.

I pulled Hieratic Seal of Reflection and Hieratic Seal from the Ashes (first secret pulled at the store), so overall not bad. No Card Car in our group though.

DP Crow isn't bad. Blackwings are always good for low level trades, and you might get a Zephy. HA5 is just horrible though. Gishki and Laval stuff is decent to pull, but still awful for trades. There's a lot of people who have been wanting Gem Knights lately though.

I value the Gold JD at $7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random-Hero View Post
I used to play this game, stopped when sychros were introduced. What an annoyance they are, oh don't get my started on how much I hate synchros.
Synchro is an awesome mechanic. Xyz is a bit boring, but still not that bad. Synchros are just fun though.

Last edited by Chardar; May 2nd, 2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 01:46 AM

foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby!

Excuse me I am a casual player, and I don't really know the rules. I have a question if my opponent activates a lighting vortex can I activate a mystical space typhoon (targeting lightning vortex) in response to stop the effect of lighting vortex?

Hey friends, I know that this is a time of high emotions and stress.
Take a breath, everyone here is on edge and that’s ok. It’s ok to be stressed.

Things will get better.
Have a nice day.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 03:26 AM
Aargh! Pranked again!

JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by foofoofun View Post
Excuse me I am a casual player, and I don't really know the rules. I have a question if my opponent activates a lighting vortex can I activate a mystical space typhoon (targeting lightning vortex) in response to stop the effect of lighting vortex?
No, Typhoon only destroys, it does not negate.

JFAN is... waiting.... waiting... waiting... waiting...
Old May 26th, 2012, 02:35 AM

foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby!

I played my crystal beast deck at my local game store, and I realized it was not as good as I want it to be. Can anyone give me some advice?
Deck list is (edit cause I changed the deck)
Monsters:
X3 crystal beast amethyst cat
X3 crystal beast amber mammoth
X2 crystal beast ruby carbuncle
X2 crystal beast sapphire Pegasus
X2 crystal beast cobalt eagle
X1 crystal beast topaz tiger
X2 Kuraz the light monarch
X1 magna-slash dragon
X1 gravi-crush dragon
X1 cannon soldier
X1 seismic crasher
X1 yellow baboon, archer of the forest
Spells:
X3 crystal blessing
X3 ancient city - rainbow ruins
X3 hand destruction
X2 crystal beacon
X2 crystal abundance
X2 rare value
X1 crystal tree
X1 crystal promise
X1 card destruction
X1 dark hole
X1 the big march of animals
Edit: I removed the following cards X1 yellow baboon archer of the forest
X1 cannon soldier, X1 seismic crasher, X1 hand destruction,
Edit: I added the following cards X1 crystal beast sapphire Pegasus, X2 crystal beast topaz tiger, X1 crystal abundance.
Edit again: man no one really wants to help me. Hmm... I'm guessing that nobody has any experience with this deck, or there is a zombie apocalypse and the forum users are dead! (my apologies if someone is in fact dead).

Hey friends, I know that this is a time of high emotions and stress.
Take a breath, everyone here is on edge and that’s ok. It’s ok to be stressed.

Things will get better.
Have a nice day.

Last edited by foofoofun; May 28th, 2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Updated card list
Old May 26th, 2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoutnFAN77 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by foofoofun View Post
No, Typhoon only destroys, it does not negate.
You can still activate the effect, but it would not negate Lightning Vortex, so there is little to no point, barring some 1 in a million scenario.

Old June 14th, 2012, 01:50 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So my cousin and his friend dragged me back into my addiction. Found this thread, thought I'd offer you guys a semi-competitive deck I built from some packs I bought and cards I have. I think it's up to speed with the current ban-list.

Monsters x22
Green Gadget x2
Red Gadget x2
Yellow Gadget x2
Hyena x3
Marshmallon x2
Exiled Force x2
Big Shield Gardna
Battle Fader
Treeborn Frog
Goblin Elite Attack Force
Caius the Shadow Monarch
Thestalos the Fire Monarch
Jinzo
Zaborg the Thunder Monarch
Gilford the Lightning

Spells x11
Mystical Space Typhoon x3
Smashing Ground x3
Lightning Vortex
Monster Reborn
Heavy Storm
Swords of Revealing Light
Pot of Avarice

Traps x7
Sakuretsu Armor x2
Threatening Roar
Draining Shield
Waboku
Widespread Ruin
Mirror Force

Last edited by Heroscape Elffy; June 18th, 2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old June 17th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Aargh! Pranked again!

JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Elffy, take out one of the Sakuretsu Armors or the Widespread Ruin and put in the Mirror Force, you'll be golden!

JFAN is... waiting.... waiting... waiting... waiting...
Old June 18th, 2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoutnFAN77 View Post
Elffy, take out one of the Sakuretsu Armors or the Widespread Ruin and put in the Mirror Force, you'll be golden!
I've never used Mirror Force in any of my decks, but that's up to you. Dimensional Prison is better in my opinion.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games