Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old December 18th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Heroscape Power Rankings: Complete?

OEAO,

Hunh, well that's very impressive and you are apparently significantly better than anyone I've ever played against when it comes to the Blade Gruts. I congratulate you on your personal luck/skill with them. Having said that, I guess the rankings have to reflect the majority and be for the rest of us folks who are unfortunately unable to manage those spectacular win rates when using them.

~Aldin, especially surprised to see how good you are against zombies

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
OEAO,

Hunh, well that's very impressive and you are apparently significantly better than anyone I've ever played against when it comes to the Blade Gruts. I congratulate you on your personal luck/skill with them. Having said that, I guess the rankings have to reflect the majority and be for the rest of us folks who are unfortunately unable to manage those spectacular win rates when using them.

~Aldin, especially surprised to see how good you are against zombies
Aldin, I don't think most people, at all, put in any time into playing me lee armies at their top level. Especially if others don't view them as top tier.

These numbers are my comfort level, as I said I am comfortable in all of these.

I believe Matthias can play them even better. But I think there's definitely a significant dropoff after that, simply because people haven't put in the work.

If people put in the work, they could to. But results aren't going to be handed over on a silver platter.
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:28 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

*shrugs*

I took Blades, Ornak, Grimnak, Brunak, Isamu, and Marcu and lost to a Samurai army and a Captain America build at a Mixed Marvel event. They ain't the top of the food chain, imo.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; December 18th, 2014 at 06:29 PM. Reason: On an edited note, I did extremely well at the event overall. Just no defense cracking was gunna happen
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:29 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Nagrubs with TKN. Squish, squish, squish.
75-25

If I'm the one using Blade Gruts, these are the matchup numbers. Period. Some of these may be a little closer, but I doubt it.
Challenge accepted.

Your main event army vs. TKN, grubs x4, Raelin.

Gencon 2014 maps: you pick any 6 and I'll pick 4 of them for the games. Or the other way around, your choice.

Let's see if you can win 3/4.
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Tell me, do you go to GenCon? I don't remember ever meeting you. And if I did, mind you telling me in a PM who you are?

This is seriously not sarcasm, you're from Ohio so I think there's a good chance I've met you there before, idk though. Are you part of the Colombus crew?
No, I weren't at GenCon; sor.

I do understand the value of the Blades (heck, they've been my bro's favorite army since the old wave 1 days), but I'm still uncertain of their worthiness of A rank.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 18th, 2014, 06:31 PM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Aldin, I don't think most people, at all, put in any time into playing me lee armies at their top level. Especially if others don't view them as top tier.

I believe Matthias can play them even better. But I think there's definitely a significant dropoff after that, simply because people haven't put in the work.

If people put in the work, they could to. But results aren't going to be handed over on a silver platter.
Clearly. If only there were more than two people who had the perseverance to learn the hard lessons needed to unlock Blade Grut melee armies as "A" level armies. But, everyone wants to take the easy way out with range and whatnot. A tragedy, really.

~Aldin, wistfully

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Nagrubs with TKN. Squish, squish, squish.
75-25

If I'm the one using Blade Gruts, these are the matchup numbers. Period. Some of these may be a little closer, but I doubt it.
Challenge accepted.

Your main event army vs. TKN, grubs x4, Raelin.

Gencon 2014 maps: you pick any 6 and I'll pick 4 of them for the games. Or the other way around, your choice.

Let's see if you can win 3/4.
I have exams this week. How about next week, starting after Christmas?

But I accept.
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:32 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

sure, that works.
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
*shrugs*

I took Blades, Ornak, Grimnak, Brunak, Isamu, and Marcu and lost to a Samurai army and a Captain America build at a Mixed Marvel event. They ain't the top of the food chain, imo.
Brutal isn't that great of a choice. It seems more like an Ornak army than Blade Grut army. The Captain America one doesn't matter much. Blade Gruts need Nerak or Raelin. You need to stat boost them so that they become closer to the top of the food chain.
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:41 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Quote:

Clearly. If only there were more than two people who had the perseverance to learn the hard lessons needed to unlock Blade Grut melee armies as "A" level armies. But, everyone wants to take the easy way out with range and whatnot. A tragedy, really.

~Aldin, wistfully
You're twisting my tone. I'm sure there are others who are good- the best players like mantrain, mattser, spider poison (when he was playing), lone wolf, scraper dude, dok, etc. the list goes on. I think the general community throws aside the Blade Gruts seeing as the Heavies are considered to be better, so why not use the Heavies? Why bother with the Blades?
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Quote:
Tell me, do you go to GenCon? I don't remember ever meeting you. And if I did, mind you telling me in a PM who you are?

This is seriously not sarcasm, you're from Ohio so I think there's a good chance I've met you there before, idk though. Are you part of the Colombus crew?
No, I weren't at GenCon; sor.

I do understand the value of the Blades (heck, they've been my bro's favorite army since the old wave 1 days), but I'm still uncertain of their worthiness of A rank.

~TAF
Ahh sorry, wasn't trying to down you, I don't know all of the members of the crew from there so I just wasn't sure. Wasn't meant to put you down in any way.
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
You're twisting my tone. I'm sure there are others who are good- the best players like mantrain, mattser, spider poison (when he was playing), lone wolf, scraper dude, dok, etc. the list goes on. I think the general community throws aside the Blade Gruts seeing as the Heavies are considered to be better, so why not use the Heavies? Why bother with the Blades?
Aha! Now that's a great question. As a guy who has played a ton with both of them, the Heavies get more love because they're are so much less reliant on the survival of key heroes to be effective. The problem the Blade Gruts run into over and over again is a clever opponent sniping their heroes and pulling the teeth from the Blades. With Heavies, the loss isn't as extreme.

Now the obvious reason to prefer the Blades is that you can get so many more of them and/or get more supporting units. So if you want to add a ranged component or double up on Orc heroes, the Blades are the way to go.

~Aldin, glad ya asked

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion