Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old August 29th, 2013, 12:01 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Bay Area Brawl - NHSD '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post
Some ideas to consider, if we think something needs to be adjusted.

- Removing the bonus point for controlling each glyph. (I think cmgames is right on this.)
- Instead of gaining a point per glyph controlled, only awarding one point to the team that controls the majority of the Conquest Glyphs. (It's an idea to consider, not one in which I am a big fan.)
- Adjusting Fight On so the player with fewer Conquest Points can select up to two Heroes per round, instead of being limited to one. (Does this change address the issue of playing 'Catch-up?')
- I think the bonus is unnecessary and unfair.

- Not a good idea, I think. I found that often, when the armies are fairly evenly matched, the rounds ended 1-1 - even on the three glyph maps.

- Probably not a bad idea, but I never found it an issue. The few times (twice in 19 rounds) that I even had more than one dead hero at the beginning of the round, it would not have made much difference if I could have brought two back instead of one.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old August 29th, 2013, 12:52 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

I think the reason my point totals were so much higher has to do with my matchups somewhat (my armies had a bit of rock paper scissors going on). I think the armies I chose were all reasonable armies, but I think for all of my test battles, the dice decided to favor one side over the other rather heavily - which I suppose is going to happen in at least one game.

One of the other matchups was a horrific mismatch, mostly by dumb luck - but also by defense dice. I think experimenting with "Deathcommander + the deathwalker trio", while interesting, is just not a winning strategy - even if they come back to life after deathwalker rolls and/or suicide bombing. Also, losing order markers can really hurt you in this format, so it can snowball pretty badly, especially if you lose 1 or 2 in a round - then you're kind of screwed.

Further, when I solo playtested these games, I played very quickly. When you're reacting to your own moves, you tend to think a lot quicker. Sometimes, that led to me doing dumb things by not thinking about it long enough, but there you go.

I'll do some more experiments with my new top three armies - I want to try the other 3 glyph map anyway, though I'll probably adjust it to make the center glyph occupiable by a 2 hexer.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old August 29th, 2013, 10:50 PM

Roda is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwholives View Post
I think the armies I chose were all reasonable armies, but I think for all of my test battles, the dice decided to favor one side over the other rather heavily - which I suppose is going to happen in at least one game.
Zyx and I have been doing some testing of armies on a custom map with 3 glyphs, and all of the games have come out to ~8-15 (15 being the point cap for our games). I feel like a lot of the semi-lopsidedness is due to Zyx's lack of dice-rolling skills, but then again he hasn't quite found an army he likes.

Just throwing in my two cents, I like the rules as they are right now. Games have been going decently smooth.

A question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
2. Can a Wyvern use Talon Grab on anybody (friendly or not) during the TM move?
Also, Theracus's and Brunak's carry?

Formerly Xonk21 (and may or may not have come back from the dead.)

"There is no army without Charos. Unless there are Gruts. Gruts are good."
Old August 29th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Carry may be used during a move granted by Tactical Movement because it cannot be used to affect an opponent's figures.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old August 30th, 2013, 12:58 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@Ronin - Do you have a VirtualScape .hsc file for Crevasse? I'm having difficulty reading the printing on the .jpg version. (Aging eyes.)

~Z

My map thread
Old August 30th, 2013, 02:28 AM

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I do. PM me an email addy and I'll get it to you.

Old September 3rd, 2013, 11:17 PM

What kind of Ice and Snow are they on the Crevasse map?

~Z

My map thread
Old September 4th, 2013, 12:05 AM

Normal Snow, Slippery Ice. Forgot that in the directions, huh.

Old September 8th, 2013, 12:35 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

I'll check with Ed tomorrow about the 19th...looks like you've worked out most of the bugs in the format. I like it so far

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old September 8th, 2013, 03:35 AM

Thanks Carnival, appreciate it.

Old September 8th, 2013, 05:45 PM

More playtest reports:

2 games on Crevasse (3-glyph):
5 rounds - 13 to 2 (16 to 2 with bonus)
5 rounds - 8 to 7 (8 to 7 with bonus)

1 game on Incendium (2-glyph):
4 rounds - 8 to 0 (12 to 0 with bonus)

~Z

My map thread
Old September 8th, 2013, 08:18 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

cmgames, are these armies that you think were roughly equal? It is difficult to take much from the results without more information. What are your impressions on how the format is working?

Does it seem like the bonus makes comebacks less likely, with the person who takes early control gaining too big a lead?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day