Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old August 20th, 2013, 02:46 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Bay Area Brawl - NHSD '13

I see Dünd as a potentially powerful force in this format, too. Each (real) OM lost means losing a turn and a move.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old August 20th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Okay. Apologies Person. Let's set the order of operations.

When a figure dies, place the figure back on its card. When you choose that figure with Fight On, remove all wound and status markers on this card and place the figure in your starting zone. Then, if the figure has a power that uses markers, collect any markers that are not already placed on another figure's card so they may again be used by this power.

This way, Morsbane can repeatedly use his negation power, but not moreso than is limited by the number of markers Negation grants, assuming some figures are still negated when he returns to play. A hero that dies after being negated returns unnegated, but frees up a negation marker upon returning to the board so that Morsbane can reuse it the next time Morsbane uses Fight On. Lycanthropy would work in the same fashion. Does this make sense now?

And yes cmgames, Dund could be formidable.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old August 21st, 2013, 12:43 AM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I want to confirm that Atlaga's Bolt of Witherwood can still only be used once per game, even if he comes back to life.

Will something like Sonlen's Dragon Healing work on Tactical Movement since it only states before moving?
Old August 21st, 2013, 01:19 AM

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hmm. Good questions again.

I'm actually tempted to say that Once Per Game abilities like Bolt of Witherwood would actually refresh. Does that seem too crazy? Sudema can insta-kill heroes anytime she attacks with only 10% less effectiveness. Is BoW once per life overdoing it?

I'm okay with Sonlen's healing power kicking off before a move made with Tactical Movement. However, it makes me realize that figures within 3 spaces of a Conquest Glyph cannot be healed, any more than their defenses can be boosted.

Edit: On second thought, powers that are triggered before movement are not allowed during a move granted by Tactical Movement. OP updated.

Last edited by RoninValentina; August 21st, 2013 at 01:35 AM.
Old August 21st, 2013, 12:00 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post
Fight On - When this hero is killed, place the figure on its card. [...]
I think you should word this in such a way as to allow you to place the Warrior Spirit hero figures on another card.

Quote:
Fight On - [...] If the selected figure has a power that uses status markers, the figure regains the use of any power markers that are not currently placed on another figure.
Up to the original number for the unit? Or all of the available markers? I'm seeing the situation where you are running, say, four Werewolf Lords. There are potentially twelve Lycanthopy markers available in the deadpool when respawning a Werewolf Lord. As worded, it sounds like all twelve would go on the first WL that respawns.

~Z

My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; August 21st, 2013 at 01:13 PM. Reason: fixed wording
Old August 21st, 2013, 01:49 PM

Fixed in the OP, cmgames. Let me know if that's sufficient. Appreciate all the comments and question s. Keep them coming.

Old August 21st, 2013, 02:31 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
(This means that in the case of uncommon heroes that use status markers, those status markers will need to be color matched to each card.).
That seems unnecessarily complicated. Is there a particular reason for that? Would it be broken if a werewolf lord came back with a couple of markers from his companions? If I just get "any 3 markers" from the dead pool, that probably won't have much of an effect - if there even are 3 markers in the dead pool - not counting what the figure still had in reserve at death. In the average case, the figure will probably come back with only what he had left, maybe one more than that anyway.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old August 21st, 2013, 02:44 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

For the tiebreaker: Since the rounds are a bit shorter than our normal 1 hour, I would do the following:
When time is called, the current round is finished. If the players are tied, both players roll a d20. High roller removes 1 conquest glyph from the board. If there are still multiple glyphs, players alternate until only 1 glyph remains. At this point, the game continues until 1 player scores a conquest point. Any units killed after time is called may not use fight on.

Seems fair, keeps the game focused on the glyphs, and gives it a "sudden death overtime" feeling, but still shouldn't go more than a round, maybe two. Of course, depending on how far apart the glyphs are, it could be very hard to mount an assault on the opponent's glyph after they remove yours, which should encourage both players to maintain pressure on as many glyphs as they can. And on 3 glyph maps, the final battle will always be at the most contested glyph anyway, since both sides will pull the one their opponent has the best control of. Thoughts?

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old August 21st, 2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwholives View Post
Quote:
(This means that in the case of uncommon heroes that use status markers, those status markers will need to be color matched to each card.).
That seems unnecessarily complicated. Is there a particular reason for that? Would it be broken if a werewolf lord came back with a couple of markers from his companions? If I just get "any 3 markers" from the dead pool, that probably won't have much of an effect - if there even are 3 markers in the dead pool - not counting what the figure still had in reserve at death. In the average case, the figure will probably come back with only what he had left, maybe one more than that anyway.

~Z

BTW, I like 600 points so far (based on army ideas I've come up with). Of course, I may change my mind after actual playtesting.

My map thread
Old August 21st, 2013, 08:53 PM

zyx is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Just to be sure you can not use common heros right only uncommon and unique heros?
Old August 21st, 2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyx View Post
Just to be sure you can not use common heros right only uncommon and unique heros?
Correct.

@ Ronin - I notice that the maps you list all have only 10 spaces per startzone. Is there a 10-hex limit on the army size?
BTW, put me down as attending

~Z

My map thread
Old August 21st, 2013, 10:54 PM

Like 600 points has been my initial starting point, I am thinking 10 hexes will be the limit for starting spaces. I have to imagine the average army will only use five or six, so ten should be more than sufficient, and also allows for multiple double hex figures.

As for the question of uncommon heroes and status markers, I worry that it is possible, even if unintentional that the way uncommons can utilize their markers, leaving them in place, and die only to return with Fight On that it could be possible to reacquire spent markers fast than a unique hero could do so. For example, with two Werewolf lords, say Werewolf A expends two markers, and Werewolf B expends two markers as well. One of the heroes Werewolf A affected, dies, and then Werewolf B dies. When Werewolf B respawns, Werewolf B would regain the single marker it had not used yet, plus Werewolf A's now refunded marker as well.

While I realize that what I am saying is unlikely exploitable, and not likely to happen much at all, it seems enough like a loophole that I feel like it needs to be addressed. Perhaps I'm being crazy.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day