Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 3rd, 2012, 02:44 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
Also as far as C3V goes, I'm really not too thrilled in using them since I don't own any ...
Well, hop on over to the C3V area and check us out, man! I know hivelord has done some C3V testing, and obviously both robbdaman and I are C3V insiders ... you're missing out, bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 4th, 2012, 01:31 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Now that we have the ball rolling on this event, are we going to do anything special about the rules like last year when we had banned figures?

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old October 4th, 2012, 08:40 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How about we do the format that the online tourney is doing.

"The format for this event is:
Choose two 530 point armies, which cannot share any figures. These will be the two armies you bring to every game.
Before each game, there will be a dice-off, done by the tournament organizers. The winner of the dice-off chooses first army choice or second army choice.
Whoever has first army choice may choose any of the four armies (either of their two or either of their opponent's two). The other player may then choose from any of the other three armies."

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old October 5th, 2012, 09:43 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

I could see that working if we weren't having a tournament, however in this competitive environment, I believe this would be too cumbersome to be enjoyable with us having to closely scrutinize 2 armies just prior to the match.

We do need to start figuring out who can bring what map(s) though.

Also, if anyone wants to donate to the prize table?
Old October 10th, 2012, 06:31 PM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!

I will not be able to attend. Good luck on everybody that is going. My son is how older and is involved in soccer. He has a game that day which pretty much blocks out the 20th. Good luck to everyone attending.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Gamerhusband's customs comics thread
Old October 12th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerHusband View Post
I will not be able to attend. Good luck on everybody that is going. My son is how older and is involved in soccer. He has a game that day which pretty much blocks out the 20th. Good luck to everyone attending.
Well, I'm still not opposed to Sunday, which would allow both GamerHusband and hivelord to come. If it's not too late to change.

Also, is the format settled? I should really start putting armies together ...

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 12th, 2012, 10:50 AM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Well, I'm still not opposed to Sunday, which would allow both GamerHusband and hivelord to come. If it's not too late to change.

I also 2nd that we move it to Sunday if we can to allow more people to come. If we can than my friend can come possibility Yes is the format settled? I already have 4 armies in mind if there are no restrictions, and yes one of them features Q9 lol I'm playing to win, but no worries the Q9 army I'm running might be my back up not my main army

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old October 12th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Sadly, I'm not going to be able to make it this year.

That said, I'm hoping the smaller turnout this year doesn't signal the end of this event.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old October 13th, 2012, 03:16 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:

I also 2nd that we move it to Sunday if we can to allow more people to come. If we can than my friend can come possibility Yes is the format settled? I already have 4 armies in mind if there are no restrictions, and yes one of them features Q9 lol I'm playing to win, but no worries the Q9 army I'm running might be my back up not my main army

Need to know if the format is definite, at least ...

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 16th, 2012, 06:24 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

Looks like we are sticking with the same format as last year, as posted at the beginning of this thread.
The rec. room is not available on Sunday so we are keeping the date of Saturday, 10/20. Sorry.
I guess I'll open this up to a general game day for my board game group in hopes of getting some more bodies to show.
Old October 16th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
Looks like we are sticking with the same format as last year, as posted at the beginning of this thread.
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
The rec. room is not available on Sunday so we are keeping the date of Saturday, 10/20. Sorry.
Well, it is what it is. You can put me down as a definite; I will be playing with my younger son. His army, his calls on in-game actions; I will just be there to help with OMs and occasional advice, plus hopefully help stave off any tantrums when he loses.

SSX will definitely be there, but I'm still not sure if he wants to the do the tourney, or just get into some other games. You guys know he hates to miss an opportunity for a good game of Munchkin. Put him down as a maybe.

Which means, if he plays, and S1r can make it, we'll have ...8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p View Post
That said, I'm hoping the smaller turnout this year doesn't signal the end of this event.
Me too. Seriously, people: we can keep the same format this year, that's fine. But next year we're going to have to shake it up. If we dwindle much further, we'll disappear. Maybe the promise of seeing some cool new C3V and SoV units on the table will get people's blood pumping again. Maybe some Marvel and/or C3G injections will get people excited. Maybe a radical change in format will raise some eyebrows and reconsider some dismissals. But we've gotta try something. Or else stop trying at all.

Just my , as always. I look forward to seeing you guys there. Just 4 more days!!! Let's see some excitement in this here thread, peeps!

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 16th, 2012, 08:04 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart

I just got a big project for school...I might not be able to make it Will try to get things done sooner if I can and I'll post again on Friday when I know more about how my weekend looks.

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day