Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old January 18th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Cartographers Choice - Mapmakers Personal Favorites

I encourage everyone to post whatever maps they feel to be their personal best. This thread is intended to be a resource for everyone. Not every map will be of tournament quality and not every map will follow the strict rules of the BoV. Just a simple listing of your personal favorite maps that you designed.

It would be appreciated if post were limited to just maps and commentary was left on the posters personal map thread (so don't forget to include a link). This thread is likely going to become image intensive so it would be prudent to limit your selections to a maximum of 5 maps. Thank you.

I also recommend to you that rather than create additional post you simply update your original post and I will try to keep a record of the entered cartographer's names here with links to their post for easy searching.

Cartographers listed alphabetically. Last update 01/18/2013

1Mmirg
AliasQTip
Angear
Black Charos
Creationist
Darkmage7a
Dok
Dr. Weirdscaper
Fen Hydra
Habs1009
Kahrma
Kaiser Cat
Killercactus
Killer Lawnmower
Killometer
Kolakoski
Lamaclown
Lefton4ya
LUCKE13
Mad_Wookiee
Megasilver
Nadi
Nyys
Ollie
Retlaw
Robber
Rouby44
STAROCEAN980
Sup3rS0n1c
Tcglkn
Typhon2222
Velenne
Warlord Alpha

Last edited by Darkmage7a; January 18th, 2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old January 18th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Cartogrophers Choice - Mapmakers Personal Favorites

Don't walk, RUN v2.0 Req: 1 Rotv, 1 FotA, 1 VW

A Stone's Throw Req: 1RotV

Cross Trails Req: 1 Rotv, 2 RttFF, 1 extra set of Ruins

Cross Trails v3.0 1RotV 2RttFF

Last edited by Darkmage7a; June 22nd, 2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old January 18th, 2010, 12:55 PM

Angear knows what's in an order marker Angear knows what's in an order marker

Jungle of the Ancients
Download is in my map thread which a link is located to in my sig.

My map thread is here new map 10/16/12
Old January 18th, 2010, 01:19 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

Checkpoint

Overheat

Links are in the first post of my thread, located below.
Old January 18th, 2010, 01:27 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Contradiction 1 RotV, 1 TJ, 2 TT

Divided 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 2 RttFF

Viper Valley 1 RotV, 2 TJ

-insert signature here-
Old January 18th, 2010, 01:33 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Swamp Helix (SotM + FotA + M:TCB + RttFF):

Vesuvian (RotV + VW):

Old January 18th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Nice thread idea Darkmage7a.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Halo Of Ashes

Theme song by Screaming Trees.

Two players, 400--600pt armies, 24-hex start zones, two random glyphs (optional), kill 'em all.
Required sets: SotM x1, VW x2, TJ x1.

Nuns Fret Not

Theme sonnet by William Wordsworth.

Two players, 400--600 points, 24 hex start zones, two random glyphs, kill 'em all.
Required sets: RotV x1.

Halfway Up The Downs v2.3 (co-produced with Dok)

Theme Song by Three Colours Red (OK, the link is a different (and better) song by the same band. For some reason youtube seems not to be completely up to date with album tracks from second rate British rock bands of the 1990s. Shocking.)

Two players, 400--600 points, 24 hex start zones, kill 'em all.
Required sets: RotV x1, SotM x1, RttFF x1.
Old January 18th, 2010, 02:04 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migol's Gate
Migol's Gate: Shadow, road, and stone intertwine in this BftU/FotA map.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolarh's Trial
Acolarh's Trial: Uses 2 Dungeon sets, 1 Lava set, and a little bit of a castle set. A central raised platform covers a chaotic melee mayhem below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkered and Bunkered
Hunkered and Bunkered: Lots of cover and advanced maneuvering are a must! PDF Available!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Overwatch
Obsidan Overwatch: 1 RotV, 2 Lava, 2 Castle. Legal ladder jumping, lots of roads, crazy time!
Marr Highway has had its own accolades by now so I'll omit that one.
Old January 18th, 2010, 03:18 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

AliasQTip's Personal Favorites

The Complex Battlefield

Hidden in a crag, on the side of a mountain, a secret complex of buildings lies shrouded in mystery. Virtually undetectable from the air due to the thick growth of evergreen trees and nearly inaccessible because of its location, this top secret base is staying classified – for now.

Required Sets: Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set, Fortress of the Archkyrie, and Road to the Forgotten Forest.
Footprint: 36" x 25"

File contains TWO scenarios and 20 Custom Weapon Cards!

Secret Bases Battlefield

Long ago, the bridge over the wide and perilous Dracon River was once guarded by a pair of twin subterranean bases on either side. However, its security is now threatened by enemy occupation.

Required Sets: Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set, Road to the Forgotten Forrest, and Fortress of the Archkyrie.
Footprint: 32" x 18"

Quantum Entaglement Battlefield

Test Site: V51-3 / Location: Classified
During his earliest attempts to harness the power of the Wellsprings and bring heroes to Valhalla from across time, Vydar created the Phase-Space Device. Unfortunately this early experiment failed. Due to a peculiar and unexpected warping of the time-space continuum, the device was split; creating an echo of the device in a parallel dimension. With the device apparently lost, the project was abandoned and the area, forever in a state of temporal flux, was deemed extremely hazardous.

Required Sets: Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set
Footprint: 39" x 30"

Feedback is always welcome!
For more battlefields, resources, etc. check out my thread:
AliasQTip's Exclusive Battlefields
Old January 19th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: Cartographers Choice - Mapmakers Personal Favorites

Well, I am hardly a major cartographer, but I do enjoy making maps. Here is my favorite thus far. It takes a central King of the Hill game to a whole new level. Always fun; always unexpected.

Flooded Temple II (revised)

The Temple of Shaajad is thought to house an amulet of great power buried amidst its mammoth foundational pillars--all that remains of the ancient temple today.

I recommend using two strong glyphs or the Wound Glyph and a Brandar to represent my Glyph of Mimicry.

Glyph of Mimicry: This glyph performs exactly like one other chosen glyph on the map field. However, if both this glyph and the other chosen glyph are occupied, both glyphs are negated and neither has any effect (until one is vacated again).

My goal was to create a map that actually uses the Castle set to have real height, while still be a relatively compact map and fair for melee units. Not easy, but I think this map fills the role. (I also did several redesigns to increase the use of double-hex units.)

I've seen Dwarves beat an Airborne Elite army and Orcs beat a Blasts/Glad army. The map has always been active and volatile. The Glyph of Mimicry adds unique field choices and helps a lower army have an increased chance of dislodging the upper army. The ladders and multiple paths to the top have allowed Dwarves or Gladiators enough options to dislodge AE or KMA up on top. All in all, good times!

A few interesting features:

* The start zones are simply all the grass areas on the lowest level.
* All castle heights have an adjacent water space below for a quick exit.
* I love the little spider caves by the glyphs.
* Exiting out of either side of your start zone can be effective. One side looks more obvious, but both are critical to map control, I've found.

Enjoy!

My other favorite is this map, modded from Velenne's Feylund Fountain. I love lava, I love hard choices, so I loved making this.

Volcarren Fountain II

It's nice to have some range on this map, but I've seen a TKN army go nuts on this map and crush a ranged army. The small size helps melee to compete. Fun stuff.

New 4/16/10: Underground Iceways

Many good battles on this map (1BftU, 1 TT, 1 FotA)

Another run at a BftU, TT, FotA map, this time much more spread out:

Icy Cavern 2 - see here for more info about it's features.

Last edited by 1Mmirg; March 25th, 2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Had to add Iceways
Old March 8th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

My map thread

Vallum
requires 1 RotV
supports 1 random power glyph and 1 random treasure glyph
Slippery Devil! trap included in build instructions

Erosion
requires 1 RotV, 1 FotA, supports 1 fixed power glyph and 2 random treasure glyphs
designed for R˙chean's GenCon '11 map contest

Perilous Paradise
requires 1 RotV, 1 VW, 1 TJ, supports 2 random power glyphs

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Last edited by Killometer; March 2nd, 2015 at 01:34 AM. Reason: complete revamp
Old March 8th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here are my two favorites:

Adamant

Contamination

3 Players (FFA)

And the rest of my maps can be found here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios