Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old October 13th, 2009, 12:33 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
I honestly think the 'Phins are the best team in our division. Pats aren't going to do well this year, the Bills are absolutely inept, and the Jets are still contending. I think it'll be between the Jets and Miami this year to see who goes to the Playoffs, but I think with the showing we put up against Indie that we have an excellent shot at another playoff season. Definitely not going to the superbowl, though.
2 years ago when we went 1-15...we only got killed in 1 of those games. We had a ton of bad luck that year...a call here...a ball dropped there and we would have been 10-6 or 11-5 that year too. The keys to the Phins success are Ginn and Fasano and they are waking up. Now if our secondary can get it together then we will be in good shape.
Old October 13th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
I honestly think the 'Phins are the best team in our division. Pats aren't going to do well this year, the Bills are absolutely inept, and the Jets are still contending. I think it'll be between the Jets and Miami this year to see who goes to the Playoffs, but I think with the showing we put up against Indie that we have an excellent shot at another playoff season. Definitely not going to the superbowl, though.
2 years ago when we went 1-15...we only got killed in 1 of those games. We had a ton of bad luck that year...a call here...a ball dropped there and we would have been 10-6 or 11-5 that year too. The keys to the Phins success are Ginn and Fasano and they are waking up. Now if our secondary can get it together then we will be in good shape.
I didn't know you were a 'Phins fan, too. Aren't you like right around all other 3 teams in our League? Haha. Yeah, Fenne is looking really solid. Brown and Williams are both solid. Ginn is really starting to open up and make the plays we all knew he could. The only problem is their defensive line isn't so great at getting to the other team's QB and gives them too much time to throw. Also, their special teams is terrible... I really do think we can make it to the Playoffs, though.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old October 13th, 2009, 07:43 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Boy, a team wins one game at home in a close game and people begin acting as if they are great. The dolphins are good, not great. You talk about the 1-15 season and it's true, they definately were not that bad. But, as is the case with at least one team every year, they took advantage of a last place schedule to improve. Give them credit, they are certainly on their way to being a yearly playoff contender, but they have a ways to go.

The Pats are 3-2 right now, haven't really played a good game yet. Lost to two teams on the road who at the time were both undefeated, have played every single game against a team that hadn't yet lost (granted, nobody had lost yet the first week ), Brady hasn't played well, they have a ton of new players on defense, and they are already banged up (not that no one else is). What am I saying? They may not be the superbowl contender the once were, but don't be surprised when the win the division.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old October 13th, 2009, 06:58 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Boy, a team wins one game at home in a close game and people begin acting as if they are great. The dolphins are good, not great. You talk about the 1-15 season and it's true, they definately were not that bad. But, as is the case with at least one team every year, they took advantage of a last place schedule to improve. Give them credit, they are certainly on their way to being a yearly playoff contender, but they have a ways to go.

The Pats are 3-2 right now, haven't really played a good game yet. Lost to two teams on the road who at the time were both undefeated, have played every single game against a team that hadn't yet lost (granted, nobody had lost yet the first week ), Brady hasn't played well, they have a ton of new players on defense, and they are already banged up (not that no one else is). What am I saying? They may not be the superbowl contender the once were, but don't be surprised when the win the division.
You forgot to mention their 41 year old new/old linebacker spidey
Old October 13th, 2009, 07:03 PM

Knight of Feylund is surprisingly tart

Vikings 5-0 Ravens 3-2

Helm in hand,
fist in the air,
the knight screams of victory.
Old October 13th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

Please don't jinx us Knight of Feylund. The Ravens have a really tough team - this game can go either way in my opinion. I'm glad we're at home but it may not give us enough of an edge. ::: worried ::::

One positive note is that, if anything, Favre continues to look and play younger, not older!!
Old October 13th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang View Post

One positive note is that, if anything, Favre continues to look and play younger, not older!!
Bah, beginners luck!

Old October 13th, 2009, 08:01 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post

You forgot to mention their 41 year old new/old linebacker spidey
Yeah, he should turn the tables and really put them over the top!!!!

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old October 13th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

I really don't think NE can win the division. If it's not the Jets, I think it'll be Miami. Only time will tell, but I think it'll come down to how Miami does @ NE and @ NYJ, but I see it being a really close division.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old October 13th, 2009, 10:11 PM

Sir Cumference knows what's in an order marker Sir Cumference knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang View Post
Please don't jinx us Knight of Feylund. The Ravens have a really tough team - this game can go either way in my opinion. I'm glad we're at home but it may not give us enough of an edge. ::: worried ::::

I'm still thinking that this game here could have a possibility of being the Super Bowl preview. It'll be a good one, for sure.

And someone asked about the Vikes Run Defense. It's pretty good. Really good. Basically our run game on both sides of the ball is amazing, and the passing game is somewhere around mediocre.

Sir Cumference is Favre Kirby in the....
Virtual Cave

(see avatar)
Old October 13th, 2009, 10:24 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I really don't think NE can win the division. If it's not the Jets, I think it'll be Miami. Only time will tell, but I think it'll come down to how Miami does @ NE and @ NYJ, but I see it being a really close division.
I'm going to come back and haunt you about this one at the end of the season.

-insert signature here-
Old October 18th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I can't decide on which game to watch: the Packers cream the Lions (we all know it's going to happen), the possibility of the Vikings losing, or the two undefeated teams (NO and NYG) going against eachother.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV