Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old April 9th, 2012, 03:40 PM

SoulRaiser is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Like Heroscape Video Game - MW Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Any one good at modding?
I'm good at programming, but my graphics design suck. If there are people who know their job well and want to start a Heroscape PC game project, then count me in!
Old April 9th, 2012, 03:47 PM

Ghostship is surprisingly tart

Being that its kind of an MMO , I'd wager that its not going to support modding very well. Not sure how bang browser based makes that easier harder.

I do however look forward to playing with you guys and the Gamers With Jobs crew.
Old April 9th, 2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwDriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostship View Post
I can't believe that Hasbro, and WoTC don't jump all over these guys to inject their license, or license it in parallel.
Just curious... why should they?
Just Dreaming. I missed HS in its heyday.
Old April 9th, 2012, 05:55 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I can't believe that Hasbro, and WoTC don't jump all over these guys to inject their license, or license it in parallel.
Just curious... why should they?
Just Dreaming. I missed HS in its heyday.
I have a friend who has been known to make private servers and mod the games. The only bad part is that it's against the law...

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:39 AM

The fact that it's free to play, purchase based leads me to believe that modding is not and option and that the game code, or whatever it is, is very secure since people's money is at stake, and if people could hack in their own upgrades, it would destroy the financial model.

That being said, it's a Unity engine based game. Unity is open source. You'd have to start from scratch, which isn't realistic, but it serves as an example that it's possible, and you just have to riff on the design.
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Count me in - for the MW Tactics that is. I'm not a fan of the F2P model, but I'm willing to see how this works because I absolutely love the MW universe and am kinda excited about starting back in 3025 again.

~Aldin, thinking about re-joining House Steiner

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 10th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice game. I would exactly call it Heroscape the Video Game though. Lacks the initiative switch possibility, dice rolling (unless I'm missing a randomizer) and the squad/hero dichotomy. STILL, looks very fun and if it's free I guess I can't say no.

Another Heroscape-like game that I have enjoyed which is also free to download is Battle for Wesnoth. Again, not exactly Heroscape, but close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:28 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Nice game. I would exactly call it Heroscape the Video Game though. Lacks the initiative switch possibility, dice rolling (unless I'm missing a randomizer) and the squad/hero dichotomy. STILL, looks very fun and if it's free I guess I can't say no.

Another Heroscape-like game that I have enjoyed which is also free to download is Battle for Wesnoth. Again, not exactly Heroscape, but close!
I'm planning to try MW Tactics at some point. I love playing Battle for Wesnoth. The factions are much less diverse than Heroscape of course, but I love grooming my units to get them to level up. A lot of fun tactics in that game.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:55 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So is MW Tactics not released yet? Cause I found a Mech Warrior site that let me register but I can't find a place to actually play it...

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old April 24th, 2012, 12:32 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:

I'm planning to try MW Tactics at some point. I love playing Battle for Wesnoth. The factions are much less diverse than Heroscape of course, but I love grooming my units to get them to level up. A lot of fun tactics in that game.
Am also enjoying Battle for Wesnoth. This is actually Chinese RPG (not sure if Japanese also used the same style). I had played several Chinese titles of this type of RPG a couple of decades ago. And am happy to see these kind of games in English version... my Chinese isn't that good.
Old April 24th, 2012, 07:20 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Am also enjoying Battle for Wesnoth. This is actually Chinese RPG (not sure if Japanese also used the same style). I had played several Chinese titles of this type of RPG a couple of decades ago. And am happy to see these kind of games in English version... my Chinese isn't that good.
I remember thinking when I first started playing a few years back that the style of the gameplay reminded me of some Asian RPGs I had played before (although I assumed they were Japanese), but that never crosses my mind now. In fact it now seems pretty Western to me. Maybe the game has evolved as an Open Source game?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; April 24th, 2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old April 24th, 2012, 08:42 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I remember thinking when I first started playing that it reminded me of some Asian RPGs I had played before (although I assumed they were Japanese), but that never crosses my mind now. In fact it seems pretty Western to me, but maybe it has changed since it first came around?
Just to clarify, I meant the RPG style. The story and characters were patterned after Western fantasies already. I believe it was specifically made for the Western audience. But the game play of using hex spaces, fixed damaged, fixed XP, number of turns, option to choose what each figure can level up to, each character has his/her own name, and such were distinctively the same from those old Chinese RPGs. I have to say that even the use of cartoonish or cute anime-like avatars and anime-style drawings remained the same. Graphics-wise, not much were changed, same size, maybe a little better but not too much difference. You'd probably won't notice the age if you play one of those 20 year old titles after this game. The only thing new here that I can remember is the presence of multiple campaigns and multiplayer capability.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion