Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old August 25th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Filthy's Carnage Reports - Updated 2010-08-25

Nice reports! Boy that Hydra is pesky!
Old August 25th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Nice reports! Boy that Hydra is pesky!
That is an understatement. With a screen in front of her, the hydra's Reach shredded the Major (Attack 4x4 vs. Defense 4). Moving Skahen into near-adjacency might not have been the smartest move in retrospect, but I wanted to both pick up the Talisman of Defense and enjoy Thorgrim's boost. It worked out in the end, but I sure am grateful for Second Wind.
Old August 25th, 2010, 08:51 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Go Major X! I tried him out as my tank on a custom dungeon crawl, and he worked out great!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old August 25th, 2010, 09:12 AM

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Go Major X! I tried him out as my tank on a custom dungeon crawl, and he worked out great!
The good Major was stout in Room 1. However, range cuts him down to size, as the hydra proved. In hindsight, I should have moved up Thorgrim to bolster the major's defense, or just pulled him back and let Rhogar and/or Skahen blast away. However, I did not want to give the hydra high ground so easily.

So far, the hero that impresses me the most is Rhogar. With 4/4 stats, and 6 life, he has proved to be a tank, and the healing ability is dependable as well. I have yet to use his Special Attack, though.

Of course, Skahen has racked up the most kills/wounds in the past 2 wounds, and Heirloom's Mage Hand is handy...But Rhogar is becoming my clutch hitter. We will see what happens in the upcoming rooms...
Old August 25th, 2010, 09:15 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Rhogar is another one of these D&D heroes that seems awesome in the dungeon-scape environment but won't make it to snuff in Valhalla-scape. I think it's going to be tough to use his healing ability reliably since he's slow, but I do like his survivability.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 25th, 2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Rhogar is another one of these D&D heroes that seems awesome in the dungeon-scape environment but won't make it to snuff in Valhalla-scape. I think it's going to be tough to use his healing ability reliably since he's slow, but I do like his survivability.
He seems like a natural fit for heroes with low life, such as the majors. He can easily keep up with them, and an OM on Rhogar will actually get you something (unlike Kelda, where you cringe when you have to place the OM on her). Sure, he is a bit pricey, but when compared to other heroes in the 100-110 price range, he has the stats to hang. I think that he could contribute to a build similar to Dok's GenCon winner:

Q9 180
Hydra 300
Rhogar 410
Rats x2 490
Marcu 510, 14 spaces
~You sacrifice Raelin, but you get a stout healer who can move adjacent to one of the big guys, heal, and then still attack with vigor.

Pure speculation, mind you, as I have only used him in a dungeon setting, but I like what I see.
Old August 29th, 2010, 05:55 PM

The adventure continues in Room 3 of the River of Blood.

Surviving Adventurers:
Agent Skahen, Rhogar, Thorgrim (with 2 wounds), Heirloom, Major x17 (with 2 wounds)

Vs.

Othkurik, Greenscales x1, Anubians x2

Spoiler Alert!
Old August 29th, 2010, 06:10 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Filthy's Carnage Reports - Updated 2010-08-29

Ouch.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old August 29th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: Filthy's Carnage Reports - Updated 2010-08-29

Great reports! Love the crawl army. Makes me want Skahen and Major X17.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 10:24 AM

Re: Filthy's Carnage Reports - Updated 2010-09-02

The end is here... Room 4 of the River of Blood.

Surviving Adventurers:
Agent Skahen (1 wound), Rhogar (3 wounds), Thorgrim (3 wounds), Heirloom, Major x17 (1 wound)

Vs.

Estivera, Torin, Werewolf Lord, Badru x2

Spoiler Alert!
Old September 2nd, 2010, 10:33 AM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

This is what can be referred to as an Anticlimax.

Ironically, The last room in ToT is also very easy, and you also fight Estivara. (Who is unaided except that she starts on height and with some treasure glyphs.)

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old September 2nd, 2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
This is what can be referred to as an Anticlimax.
True! Of course, having a range-7 hero helped, and the darklord and Badru failed on a number of rolls, especially against the multi-wounded heroes. But, that is how it goes in love and war. I plan on compiling my crawl statistics to see what worked best, and so forth.

Battle Reports based on ToT are on my list as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports