Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old November 29th, 2006, 10:37 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Other Craig Van Ness Games we like!

Obviously we all play and like Heroscape, but what other CVN games does everyone like. I was inspired to make this post after playing a few games of Clash of Sabers last night. I hadn't played it in a long time, and didn't realize that it was a CVN game.

Battleball - I don't know if Craig was the main designer of this one, but he was involved. It is a good light fun game with cool sculpts and components, as well as a very large board.

Risk 2210 AD - I am not a Risk fan, but this one is the most tolerable. If I have to play one, I pick this one.

Star Wars: Epic Duels -
I haven't played this one yet, but I have heard good things, and would like to give it a try.

Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit -
This is a very cool game that simulates the end of the Phantom Menace. I only wish I played it more often. I may have to break it out again soon. This is definitely the best thing to come from Episode 1.

Star Wars: Episode 1 Clash of Sabers - This is a really good light card driven lightsaber battle game. It pits Maul vs. Qui Gon in their fateful battle. It is a lot of fun, and the second best thing to come from Episode 1.

Stratego Legends -
This was a fun idea, and it is based off of the great classic game Stratego. I would like to pick up some of the expansions for it and play it more sometime. I really don't get it off the shelf often enough.

Transformers Armada - I haven't played this one either, but it is supposedly quite a bit like Epic Duels and is pretty fun. I would like to try it out.
Old November 29th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Moved.

I have Stratego Legends with one box of each Expansion, but we havent' played it yet. Got them Cheap on Ebay awhile ago.

I really really want to get Epic Duels and Queens Gambit.
Old November 29th, 2006, 10:46 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Moved.

I have Stratego Legends with one box of each Expansion, but we havent' played it yet. Got them Cheap on Ebay awhile ago.

I really really want to get Epic Duels and Queens Gambit.
Thanks for the move. I just clicked on the wrong forum and typed away absentmindedly.

I am really glad I picked up Queen's Gambit when it was only 40 dollars. If only I would have been smart enough to grab Epic Duels too.
Old November 29th, 2006, 11:27 PM

Augray is surprisingly tart
Here are a few that are good with the kids.

NASCAR Champions-You take the role of a Nascar driver.

Roller Coaster Tycoon-Help design an amusement park.

Both games are a cut above your standard kids board game. Both include multiple choices of action during your turn and a fair amount of strategy for a kids game. They are both out-of-print but are worth the pick-up on Ebay if you have kids.
Old November 29th, 2006, 11:44 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
How does Strageo Legends work? Is it anything like the origina Stratego from like 1940? I would play my dad in that game all the time. I never did win though.
Old November 29th, 2006, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
How does Strageo Legends work? Is it anything like the origina Stratego from like 1940? I would play my dad in that game all the time. I never did win though.
Yeah, it is based off of Stratego. All the pieces have powers though, like the recent movie based Stratego games. You can also swap out pieces for other ones to build an army so to speak. The board is also a bit different with 4 squares that are shuffled and laid out to present a new playing surface each game. There is also terrain involved with some pieces taking advantage of certain terrain types.
Old November 30th, 2006, 12:11 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Neat, I didn't know CVN designed or helped design Stratego Legends. I have that game and 2 expansions for it I think. Played it a couple of times. Fun and quick, although the putting the stickers onto the playing pieces was a major drag. I still don't have one of the expansion all stickered up.
Old November 30th, 2006, 12:51 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced
Quote:
Yeah, it is based off of Stratego. All the pieces have powers though, like the recent movie based Stratego games. You can also swap out pieces for other ones to build an army so to speak. The board is also a bit different with 4 squares that are shuffled and laid out to present a new playing surface each game. There is also terrain involved with some pieces taking advantage of certain terrain types.

so it's like a lesser version of heroscape?

maybe this could be worth looking into...
Old November 30th, 2006, 09:15 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced
Quote:

so it's like a lesser version of heroscape?
Honestly, no.

At it's core, it's stratego. You could even ignore the special stuff and just play stratego. It's just that most(if not all) units had some way of breaking one or more rules.

Expansions were blind boosters.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old November 30th, 2006, 09:20 AM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Transformers Armada is usually on sale at KB's for about$6 the most you'll have to pay is $12. i have and never played but it seems like it would be like hero scape with hit markers and i believe 4 game maps.

Ądn sʇɐɥʍ
Old November 30th, 2006, 10:05 AM

Augray is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Transformers Armada is usually on sale at KB's for about$6 the most you'll have to pay is $12. i have and never played but it seems like it would be like hero scape with hit markers and i believe 4 game maps.
I'm pretty sure it is interchangeable with Epic Duels. You could have Star Wars characters battling Transformers.
Old November 30th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but Queen's Gambit looks like a ton of fun just for all the miniatures and the 3-tiered palace(?) to place some on.
Reaper was very vocal on Star Wars: Epic Duels. He brought it to my house on a game day. We didn't get a chance to play, but he insisted us 'scapers would enjoy playing it.
Both are OOP and expensive to acquire?
I do like BattleBall!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games