Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old March 30th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Lack of Quality Control with stat cards.

I spoke to WotC customer service yesterday, and they're sending me my missing cards. I had no other problems - no seams, cracks, bent figures/swords, or anything.

And a tip for those wanting to get in touch with WotC - use the phone. Their live chat doesn't support Heroscape, and email support sends you a response 24 hours later telling you to mail them a letter using snail-mail. On the phone, they did it right away.
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:39 AM

TheStorm77 knows what's in an order marker TheStorm77 knows what's in an order marker

GreyOwl - Did you talk to anyone in particular, or did you use any magic words, to get straight to the "We'll send you the missing card" option?

Mmmmm... Scape...
Old March 30th, 2010, 09:08 AM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

No, it was pretty easy. When they answered I said "I bought one of your products that was missing some components." He asked which one, and I said "Heroscape, Heroes of Faerun", and then he said he'd send the cards out and took my name and address. No problem at all.

Last edited by GreyOwl; March 30th, 2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old March 30th, 2010, 09:24 AM

ReverendBayes is surprisingly tart

Thanks, insomniac, for posting this thread. Add my name to the list of those with card errors, although these were in my favor:

There was an extra Greenscale Warriors card in one of my boosters, and in another there was an extra Elixir of Speed card.

Other than that, everything was perfect.

If anyone is missing a Greenscale or Elixir of Speed card, just PM me and I'll mail my extra to you free of charge.

Uncertainty: Something you can always count on.
Old March 30th, 2010, 10:49 AM

tomyumgai is surprisingly tart

Of the several sets I bought, one of Sahuagin Raiders was placed on the base facing the wrong direction; it leans over the base now - it looks odds; couldn't figure out what was wrong with it until I opened up another set. Several of my Fen Hydra reveal the badly glue crack line (really looks cheap); a few of my Feral Troll had the shiny glue all over his head (awful). However, I still like the set and have been pleased with how they fit into the overall HS collection - will test them out tonight in our first game with these newbies.

Last edited by tomyumgai; March 30th, 2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old March 30th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendBayes View Post
Thanks, insomniac, for posting this thread. Add my name to the list of those with card errors, although these were in my favor:

There was an extra Greenscale Warriors card in one of my boosters, and in another there was an extra Elixir of Speed card.

If anyone is missing a Greenscale or Elixir of Speed card, just PM me and I'll mail my extra to you free of charge.
Do we want to set up a thread specifically to trade extra cards. This is representing a small faction withing our community, but it is huge to those involved. I was thinking of saving the WOTC a little trouble (and cost that they will roll into future releases)

What are everyone's thoughts?

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old March 30th, 2010, 03:47 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot View Post
Quote:

Do we want to set up a thread specifically to trade extra cards. This is representing a small faction withing our community, but it is huge to those involved. I was thinking of saving the WOTC a little trouble (and cost that they will roll into future releases)

I'd say no, simply because an error, even in your favor, is an error.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old March 30th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
Quote:
Quote:

It is not an error in my favor, I need a Brandeis, and I have an extra Sharwin. It would save WOTC some trouble

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old March 30th, 2010, 06:09 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It is not an error in my favor, I need a Brandeis, and I have an extra Sharwin. It would save WOTC some trouble

Totally and completly understand.

My point is I'm sure WOTC wants to find where exactly the problem arose. For them to do that, they'd like as much information on the subject. This of course is assuming they care? Are they asking any questions other than "What card did you say you need"? I'd hope they want to track it so they can make sure this isn't going to be an ongoing experience with all wave 11 and beyond.

We can swap here as a group. I'm just saying I'd still report it to WOTC so that they can know where you live, where you bought it, when you bought it, and if needed replace items.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old March 30th, 2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Are they asking any questions other than "What card did you say you need"? I'd hope they want to track it so they can make sure this isn't going to be an ongoing experience with all wave 11 and beyond.
They didn't ask me anything else, nothing about where I bought it or anything.
Old March 30th, 2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
Are they asking any questions other than "What card did you say you need"? I'd hope they want to track it so they can make sure this isn't going to be an ongoing experience with all wave 11 and beyond.
They didn't ask me anything else, nothing about where I bought it or anything.

That's too bad. That either shows a lack of care, or just being careless about the situation.

I'd like to give them the benifit of the doubt and say that they won't do much until they see it's a bigger problem than a couple of boosters here or there. *shrugs*

Old March 30th, 2010, 06:16 PM

Or perhaps they already know what the cause was. After all, based on people's comments, it doesn't seem to be limited to a certain retailer.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News