Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 18th, 2013, 07:11 PM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!
The Hobbit:Unexpected Journey scape!

Well I saw the Hobbit and I read the book. I loved both and was so excited when I walked out of the theater. Then it hit me, Desolation of Smaug (Part 2) Wouldn't be out til this time next year. It felt like my brain exploded. So, while I wait for Bard, Smaug, Beorn and the rest of that hobbit goodness I decided i'd milk the first film as much as I could... ...Heroescape style!

Bilbo

Bilbo was just a Hobbit who wanted nothing more than to read his book and smoke his pipe. Then the wizzard Gandalf came around with much differend plans. Next thing bilbo knew, he was suckered into a quest revolving around 13 dwarves, a monstrous dragon, and a pile of treasure worth unimagineable $$$. Only time will tell if Bilbo will make it home in one piece...

Thorin

Thorin was a Dwarf prince who survived quite a few fights in his day. when the Great Worm,Smaug, came and destroyed his home and stole his gold, Thorin and the rest of the dwarves in his company were sent into exile. Now thorin charges into battle with his 12 companions an unlikely creature, a grey old wizzard and a heavy unforgiveness in his heart...

I left all of the point values blank so ya'll could help me out and tell me what you think would be fair prices. Yes, the card borders were made by me and if you'd like some credit for some texture you made, just wistle. A Serious THX to grey owl for making the boarders I started with. Tell me what you all think and please respond!!!!!!

Last edited by JESUSFREAK; January 26th, 2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old January 18th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Hobbit:Unexpected Journey scape!

Nice customs! Those cards are a work of art.

The stats on these guys are through the roof; they'll have high point values for sure. There are a lot of creative powers here though, Oakenshield in particular is really clever.
Old January 19th, 2013, 11:48 AM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks Arch-Vile for responding!

Here's two more: Dwalin And Balin!

Dwalin
[IMG][/IMG]

Balin
[IMG][/IMG]

Once again, i left the point values blank so you guys can help out!
Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:58 PM

COME ON!! Every time I start a thread I get no action on it! Does anybody (assuming anyone even finds me) know how to get someone to respond, or even to yell at me!?!?! Seriouslely!!!!!!!!!(pant, pant pant) Okay then here's the Grey Pilgrim himself Gandalf

Gandalf the Grey[IMG][/IMG]

I'm prety comfortable with his point value. He isn't the strongest but he can certainly hold his own against the classic scape characters, esspecially the Grut orcs (He killed Grimnak in 2 turns when I playtested him!)

and as a little bonus to all the fans I don't have out there Radagast the Brown

Radagast

It took me quite some time to figure out his personality, but I think I did fine! Tell me what you think his personality should be if you don't agree with me. Also, point value wise he still needs to be playtested, so I could use some help. As far as I'm concerned, wizzards are all by themselves in the world, and they have allegieance to know one. Because of this, the wizzards get their own custom cards and don't share the same cards as anyone else. However, the cards kind of echo who they have a tedencie to be allied with.

Last edited by JESUSFREAK; January 23rd, 2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 11:31 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You should check out the HoME threads under Misc custom projects. They're making a ton of high quality lord of the rings customs.

Other than that, Orcrist should probably say: When Thorin rolls attack dice for a normal attack, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When attacking Goblins, Thorin instead adds 2 automatic skull to his roll.

Oakenshield should say: Instead of rolling defense dice normally, Thorin may use Oakenshield. When defending with Oakenshield, reduce Thorin's defense by 4. After rolling defense dice against a normal attack, if Thorin would receive wounds, then you may negate those wounds and roll defense dice again. Oakenshield can be used twice per attack.

Those aren't perfect, but they're much better than what's on the card. I didn't read the rest of them, but will check them out. I feel you about the no recognition.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old January 24th, 2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
You should check out the HoME threads under Misc custom projects. They're making a ton of high quality lord of the rings customs.

Other than that, Orcrist should probably say: When Thorin rolls attack dice for a normal attack, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When attacking Goblins, Thorin instead adds 2 automatic skull to his roll.

Oakenshield should say: Instead of rolling defense dice normally, Thorin may use Oakenshield. When defending with Oakenshield, reduce Thorin's defense by 4. After rolling defense dice against a normal attack, if Thorin would receive wounds, then you may negate those wounds and roll defense dice again. Oakenshield can be used twice per attack.

Those aren't perfect, but they're much better than what's on the card. I didn't read the rest of them, but will check them out. I feel you about the no recognition.
Thanks man! The oken shield esspecially seems to need revamping I'll see if I can change that...

EDIT

you mean like this?

I don't think I can change orcrist, I barely have enough room as it is.

Last edited by JESUSFREAK; January 24th, 2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old January 24th, 2013, 04:02 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Maybe just toss King Under the Mountain

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old January 24th, 2013, 04:18 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

You have some interesting and creative ideas here.

One thing you may want to keep in mind is that when you add automatic skulls or shields to a units roll, you are greatly increasing their inherent defense or attack. For example...

Radagast has a base defense of 5 and gets 2 auto shields when adjacent to a tree or bush. Since you have a 1:3 chance of rolling a shield, statistically, 1 auto shield= 3 defense dice, so 2 auto shields will = 6 defense dice giving Radagast a defense equivalent to 11. Needless to say that is extremely high. That is why you see auto shields and skulls used sparingly on official units.

That is one reason Arch-vile was correct when he said these guys' point costs will be through the roof. Of course if you are going for high costed heroes, go for it, these are your customs.

Again, you have some creative ideas going on here, keep it up!
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
You have some interesting and creative ideas here.

One thing you may want to keep in mind is that when you add automatic skulls or shields to a units roll, you are greatly increasing their inherent defense or attack. For example...

Radagast has a base defense of 5 and gets 2 auto shields when adjacent to a tree or bush. Since you have a 1:3 chance of rolling a shield, statistically, 1 auto shield= 3 defense dice, so 2 auto shields will = 6 defense dice giving Radagast a defense equivalent to 11. Needless to say that is extremely high. That is why you see auto shields and skulls used sparingly on official units.

That is one reason Arch-vile was correct when he said these guys' point costs will be through the roof. Of course if you are going for high costed heroes, go for it, these are your customs.

Again, you have some creative ideas going on here, keep it up!

The idea was so that Radagast could simply blend into the terrain. Not only would nobody be able to see him for great periods of time, but when they did get a glimpse of him moving around through the underbrush, they are just going to end up smacking at leaves! This will make him survive for quite awhile, but keep him not exactly deadly. As for the auto-skull/shield issue, I've only been designing the bruisers. Characters like say Ori (The Momma's boy) are only gonna cost like 20 points! But thanks for checking me out and I will defineately take that to heart. I'm currently working on Saruman, but after that I'll do a weaky or two just to show you how things go down!
Old January 26th, 2013, 02:48 PM

Okey-dokey ladys and gentleman, I present to you Saruman the white

Saruman

[IMG][/IMG]

Saruman seems to be pretty dangerous with his Orthanc Strike, but I may have to tune him up a wweeeeeee bit more. And also, some of the most wretched creatures to crall out of a hole: Goblins (Goblins, not Moria Orcs)!

Grinnah

[IMG][/IMG]

Goblin Scribe

[IMG][/IMG]

The mini I'm using for Goblin Scribe is actually not a heroclix, but rather a Games Workshop figure. Speaking of Goblins, Goblin Town is coming together. I've begun work on the platforms allready. When it's finished, should it go here, or in a seperate thread in the terrain section?

P.S. before anyone asks, credit to Marvel on the logo. Yes, it is just an edited Spider-Man logo!
Old January 28th, 2013, 11:21 AM

samthegoat knows what's in an order marker samthegoat knows what's in an order marker

Whilst I appreciate that you must have spent a long time on the cards, I'm not a huge fan. Most of them are very hard to read, some I just gave up on. Those I did read seemed amazingly over powered. If the point of making customs was to make them as strong as possible, it would be an incredibly boring thing to do. Even if you have them at a really high cost, they simply don't look very fun to play with.
I'm sure they'll become more playable if you work on them a bit, but as they are, I'm not hugely impressed.
Cool miniatures though!
Samthegoat
Old January 28th, 2013, 11:52 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Perhaps use black text to make the cards easier to read. I have found that oftentimes, what looks good when you are designing it, looks a good deal different when saved as an image.

Just a quick note. With Down, Down, Down, you will run into several issues you may want to think about. Since there are no restrictions on placing a marker on a common squad card, as it reads it means every figure using that card would be affected by the power (i.e. if a you placed it on an axegrinders card and there are 3 squads of axegrinders, every single axegrinder would be affected). Another thing to consider is exactly when the power triggers. Does it trigger at the beginning of Grinnah's turn or at the end? Does it trigger when a small figure moves into engagement with Grinnah on its own turn? If Grinnah moves past a figure on his turn, does that figure become affected? Also, when does the affected figure get to roll the 20-sided die? What happens if several figures become affected but there isn't room for all of them to remain adjacent to Grinnah?

Trust me, I am not trying to be nitpicky here, these are just some of the questions I had while reading through the power.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards