Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Closed Thread

Old November 25th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HS Trade Thread & Good Traders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
I've got a couple of squads of 4th Mass that I repainted to red coats (long before the 10th Reg came out). I'm going to try repainting them to Sam Browns.

Problem will be repainting a repaint. I'll probably have to strip the current paint off first. I'll use one of the "incorrect" scuplts first as a trial. But if this works, I'll post the results here. If not, well guess I'll post that as well. (Note: to see some of older repaint work, click on the "Retlaw's Customs" in my signature.)

One question -- since Sam Brown is a specific sculp, will people still want one even if it is one of the other three sculps from the squad?
One answer: NO.

If you get them to look even half way good I'd gladly buy one off you!

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old November 25th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
One question -- since Sam Brown is a specific sculp, will people still want one even if it is one of the other three sculps from the squad?
I would take one, but I wouldn't pay quite as much for it as I would for an official sculpt. But hey if your gonna screw up one of your squads might as well get something for the rest of them.
Old November 25th, 2010, 12:37 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
I would take one, but I wouldn't pay quite as much for it as I would for an official sculpt. But hey if your gonna screw up one of your squads might as well get something for the rest of them.
Same here, but only because I'm a terrible painter.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old November 25th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am looking for the Sam Brown figure. I can paint him myself, so if anyone has one, I would be willing to pay.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old November 25th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
I've got a couple of squads of 4th Mass that I repainted to red coats (long before the 10th Reg came out). I'm going to try repainting them to Sam Browns.

Problem will be repainting a repaint. I'll probably have to strip the current paint off first. I'll use one of the "incorrect" scuplts first as a trial. But if this works, I'll post the results here. If not, well guess I'll post that as well. (Note: to see some of older repaint work, click on the "Retlaw's Customs" in my signature.)

Absolutely. I'd like one, Walt, if you've got one to spare.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old November 25th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

FWIW: I'm no longer selling any Heroscape figures. I'm all done with the purge.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Last edited by SuperflyTNT; November 25th, 2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old November 25th, 2010, 05:36 PM

odbo255 has disabled reputation

I'm parting out a 4th Mass squad.

Two of the sculpts are already spoken for (Sam Brown and the figure to the left of Sam Brown in the figure art).

The top two figures in the art on the army card are available.

I'm asking for $5 + actual shipping for each figure. Specify which of the two figures you prefer.

I'll be shipping the figure in a media box (video tape mailer). Shipping to continental US: $3.

PM me if interested.

EDIT: Added shipping

Items for trade
Heroscape lives on: 3FG C3G C3V CHCG24 CMSP NM24 SoV
Tournament Maps: BoV WoV

Last edited by odbo255; November 25th, 2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old November 25th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

4th Mass repaint/Sam Brown

I've already received 3 PMs and SuperflyTNT's request above and I haven't even started on these yet. So, there definitely is some interest, but please hold off on more PMs until I see if I can get these done. It may be that my talents aren't up to snuff on this.

-----------------
Editing this one instead of creating a new post.

I finished the first and second steps tonight on the repaints.

1) clean the figures -- didn't strip them down completely just did a warm wash to get dust etc. off and have a clean surface (i.e., no oils from hands)

2) repainted the red coats (see link in signature for the 4th that I had repainted to redcoats) to brown. It took a little trial and error to get the right tint of brown. I use the tube acrylic paints and it was about at 60/40 mix of yellow ochre/burnt umber.

Next is to let them set for about 24 hours (acrylics dry fast, but I've found it best to let the have 24 hours between steps just to be safe). Then they get a light wash of black. I'll post some pictures when I'm done (it may be Saturday as my wife says were going shopping tomorrow and we also have to put up Christmas decorations).

Last edited by Retlaw; November 25th, 2010 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Update
Old November 25th, 2010, 06:50 PM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

I think it's perfectly fine to repaint one of the more available 10th. That's what I'll do (if I ever get round to it...)

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old November 25th, 2010, 07:32 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

I *could* repaint my self, but I just can't get my hands on a 4th or 10th. And even then, they're both squads that I don't have and want... what a dilemma...
Old November 25th, 2010, 07:44 PM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamaniac27 View Post
I *could* repaint my self, but I just can't get my hands on a 4th or 10th. And even then, they're both squads that I don't have and want... what a dilemma...
See the Hasbro thread in sightings and sales, you lucky US resident you.

CRC

P.S. if you get it cheap because of my tip, send me a spare 10th figure...

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old November 25th, 2010, 09:34 PM

mikelizzio knows what's in an order marker mikelizzio knows what's in an order marker

*Updated with recent sales. Thanks guys!*

Hello scapers! I've decided to scale back my collection a bit. I've got too much money tied up in figures I hardly use, so I'm selling some of them off.

(please note that I still enjoy the game, so I'll be looking for fair value for these figures. Otherwise, I'd rather hang onto them.)

Please PM me with a list of figures you're interested in and I'll reply with prices. I will also give a discount to the overall price for larger purchases.

NIB
Agent Skahen NIP
D&D Master Set NIB
Snipers and Vipers x2 NIB
Rats and WoA x2 NIB
Golem and Wyrmlings NIB
Elementals and Wyvern NIB
Quasatch and Granite Guardians NIB
Warforged Soldiers, Werewolf, Mindflayer NIB

Jandar
Sir Gilbert w/ Dice
4th Mass x4
Knights of Weston x3 x1 (2 Figures repainted silver)
Omnicron Repulsors
Airborne Elite
Tarn Viking Warriors
Raelin 2.0
Kumiko
Concan
Erevan Sunshadow
Sir Denrick
Finn the Viking Champion
Thorgrimm the Viking Champion
Greater Ice Elemental

Vydar
Blastatrons
Iron Golem
Nakita Agents
Major Q9
Major Q10
Dund
Agent Carr

Einar
Roman Legionnaires x3 x1
Marcus Decimus Gallus
Izumi Samurai
Ana Karithon
Tandros Kreel
Shiori

Aquilla
Mohican River Tribe x2
Brave Arrow

Ullar
Venoc Vipers x2
Elite Onyx Vipers
Warrior of Ashra x5 x3
Ulginesh
Kyntela Gwynn
Jordhawn
Arkmer
Emirroon
Sharwin Wildborn
Brandis Skyhunter
Venoc Warlord
Sonlen
Charos

Utgar
Ornak w/ Dice
Arrow Gruts
Blade Gruts x2
Marro Drudge x2
Marro Drones
Minions of Utgar x3 x1
Marrden Nagrubs x2
Swog Rider x2
Sauhaugin Raider x?
Werewolf Lord x2
Mindflayer Mastermind x2
Ogre Warhulk x2
Ogre Pulverizer
Feral Troll
Fen Hydra x2 (one slightly torn card)
Marro Hive
Deathwalker 8000
Othkurik the Black Dragon
Kurrok the Elementalist
Zettian Guards
Deathwalker 9000
Pelloth
Brunak
Grimnak
Su-Bak-Na
Tor-Kul-Na
Tornak
Tul-Bak-Ra
Mimring
Taelord the Kyrie Warrior
Shurrak

Other
ROTV terrain, no water or ruins x2

Last edited by mikelizzio; November 29th, 2010 at 11:20 AM.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online