Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old April 20th, 2012, 12:45 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: davidlhsl's Battles

Nah, I like the pun of Femme Gems. Very clever.
Old April 21st, 2012, 07:58 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

David: “Attention, Sports Fans! My name is David, and I’m pleased to broadcast with my good friend, Bob!”

Bob: “Thanks, David. I’m really looking forward to getting this Battle Bites Tournament started.”

David: “So am I, Bob! I also hope my special rules will work.”

Bob: “Special rules? Consider me interested!”

David: “Do you remember that great freeway battle in the second Matrix movie?”

Bob: “Yes.”

David: “Well, I’ve come up with a set of rules I hope will make for an exciting battle. Check this out!”

Spoiler Alert!

Bob: “Now I’m extremely interested! More info! More info!”

David (laughs): “My idea actually has a lot of different parts to it, so I won’t bore you with the nagging details. Instead, let me just run through the main points. Each team controls 3 cars. Each car in the game has an occupancy of 3: front seat and two back seats. The outside of the cars have 3 positions: hood, roof, and trunk. Drivers are considered NPC and cannot attack or be attacked. Cars occupy a space of 3x2 squares.

“The 18-wheeler isn’t controlled by either player and is static on the board. All vehicles are actually in motion, but the board simply represents the relative positions. The cab roof and the roof of the trailer are all areas that can hold figures.

“Before the first #1, #2, and #3 Order Markers are revealed during a round, there is a Road Phase. Each car is randomly assigned an order, and in turn each car: (1) rolls 2 dice and moves the difference between the two dice. Collisions are possible, and figures on the outside of the affected cars can be thrown off. If doubles 1-3 are rolled, the car encounters a hazard and must veer either towards the outside or backwards the number rolled. I won’t go into details, but blocking cars could trigger a chain reaction. (2) After all cars move and in turn, figures with the car can take one move action if there are no opponent’s figures with the car.

“During a figure’s movement phase, that figure may take one move action. Move actions include: (1) Re-position inside or outside a vehicle, (2) move outside-to-inside or inside-to-outside, (3) jump from one outside position to an adjacent outside position of another vehicle, (4) fly/leap from one outside position to another outside position using its normal movement number if it has such an ability.

“During the attack phase, figures with Super Strength may do the following instead of attacking: If on the hood or trunk, attempt to reach into the car and throw a figure without Super Strength out of the car. All figures may also do the following instead of attacking: If sitting in the front seat, may grab the steering wheel to force the car to the left or right.

“There are bonuses and penalties, but I won’t go into detail. I’ll just list some examples: -1 attack when attacking behind while inside a car, +1 defense if outside figure attacks inside figure. I also have rules for line of sight and adjacency, engagement strikes, plus picking up figures knocked onto the freeway. We’re also not using knockback rules. It isn’t important for you to know the exact mechanics as it is for you to have a general idea of what’s happening. So, have I completely confused you?”

Bob: “Actually, no. I think I’ll get a better feel for it once the battle gets underway, but this sounds quite interesting!”

David: “I hope this works! This is one ambitious idea that will either be fantastic or sink like an anvil.”

Bob: “There’s only one way for us to find out, and that’s to put it into action!”

David: “Before we sign off, here’s the tournament bracket, thanks to Challonge.com!

Warning: If you’re reading this after the battle has gotten underway, you might want to avoid spoiling the results and wait until you’ve read to the last post in this tourney before looking at the bracket.

Battle Bites Bracket
Old April 22nd, 2012, 01:56 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Frogger!
Old April 23rd, 2012, 07:16 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

David: “Sports fans, start your engines! I’m David, and I’m hitting the freeway with my good friend, Bob!”

Bob: “Thanks, David! I’m not only looking forward to getting this tournament started, but I’m extremely anxious to see if your freeway rules play as well as I hope!”

David: “So do I, Bob. We’re starting the action with Team Kraven vs. Team Killer Croc.”

Bob: "David, before we begin, let's say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, C3G!"

Off-camera announcer: This special tournament is brought to you by the good folks at Burt’s Beer. Burt’s Beer: Drinking and driving is only slightly more dangerous than getting shot by drive-by Killer Penguins.”

Team Kraven vs. Team Killer Croc

Spoiler Alert!
Old April 23rd, 2012, 10:16 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Re: davidlhsl's Battles - Hitting the Freeway

Programming Note:

Whoopie! C3G added some figures in addition to the massive 23 figure release, so I need to rearrange two of the Teams.

Team Mysterio: Boomerang, Mysterio, Mysterio Holographs, Pyro (hilarious to see Pyro = Hot replace Icicle = Cold)

Team Deadshot: Deadshot, Pied Piper, Rat Swarm x 7, Weather Wizard. No word as to whether Shadow Thief appreciates getting his walking papers over a swarm of rats.

I’m getting some waterfall action at the moment, as I’m on vacation. I expect an avatar change when I return.
Old April 27th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Does anybody need to pee?

Spoiler Alert!

Additions:

Scary crossing 1
Scary crossing 2

Last edited by davidlhsl; April 28th, 2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

David: “Did you miss me, Sports Fans? I’m Da-“

Pam: “Shut up, David. You’re still in Time Out!”

David: “Yes, ma’am.”

Sock Puppet (enters): “I’m here to fill in for David, Pam. Wait, David’s sitting over there in the corner.”

Pam: “Yes, and he’s not allowed to leave. He’s in Time Out.”

Sock Puppet: “He didn’t insult Bob’s wife again, did he?”

Pam: “No, he did something worse than that.”

Bob (enters): “Wait a second, Pam. Are you suggesting there’s something worse than insulting my wife?”

Pam: “No, Bob. Ok, yes, there are plenty of things worse than insulting your wife. Sticks and stones: remember?”

Bob: “I don’t like anyone knocking my sweetie.”

David (still facing corner): “Unless she’s drunk and horizontal!”

Bob and Pam: “David!!!”

Sock Puppet: “Ok, let’s settle down. So, Pam, what did David do to deserve this time out?”

Pam: “So neither of you checked out the videos David posted to YouTube.”

Bob and Sock Puppet: “No.”

Pam: “Well, you’d better sit down for this.” (Mike enters)

Hiking – Scary Crossing 1
Hiking – Scary Crossing 2

Mike: “Awesome!!!”

Pam (slaps Mike hard on the back of his head): “No, Mike, it is NOT awesome. That was dangerous! You don’t cross a water cascade like that.”

David: “What did you expect me to do, turn around and hike back?”

Pam: “How far did you hike to get to that spot?”

David: “I’m not certain, but it was about 4 miles.”

Pam: “Just 4 miles??? How late in the day was this?”

David: “Somewhere around 11:00 am.”

Pam (walks over and slaps David hard on the back of the head): “You could’ve crawled backwards on your hands and knees and still made it safely back, you idiot!”

David: “Ow!”

Bob: “If he was low on water or food, maybe turning back wasn’t the best idea.”

David: “Oh, I had lots of water and packed my lunch.”

Bob and Pam (slap David hard on the back of the head): “You idiot!!!”

Mike: “I don’t see the problem. He obviously made it back in one piece.”

Pam: “So, Mike, if you stripped naked and crossed the freeway as traffic rushed by and you made it to the other side without getting smeared on the pavement, you wouldn’t see any problem?”

Mike: “Oooo, is that on YouTube?”

Pam: “No!!! (sigh) David, I’m ordering you to take my course in outdoor survival.”

David: “Yes, ma’am.”

Sock Puppet: “Speaking of freeway traffic, we still have a Battle Bites tournament.”

David: “Yes! Now that I’m back from vacation, I’m looking forward to –“

Pam: “Shush! You’re still in Time Out! And Mike, I want you in that other corner for trying to encourage him.”

Mike: “Yes, ma’am.”

The action will return… we hope.
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

When does Mysterio get to fight?
Old April 28th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
When does Mysterio get to fight?
According to the Battle Bites Bracket, he and his Holographs are in the 8th battle. Oooo, he's facing Doctor Octopus!

I'm almost done with the Parasite vs. Metallo battle, so that should post shortly.
Old April 28th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Lets hope Doc Ock doesn't tie him down or he'll be useless.
Old April 28th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Pam: “Welcome back to the program, everyone. I’m Pam, and sitting in the corners are Naughty David and Naughty Mike.”

Naughty David and Naughty Mike (somberly): “We’ve been bad.”

Pam: “Sock Puppet, welcome to the broadcast.”

Sock Puppet: “Thanks, Pam. And Bob is here as well.”

Bob: “I’ve been very good!”

Pam: “Don’t get cocky. Let’s turn our attention to the freeway as Teams Parasite and Metallo are getting prepared to engage in combat.”

Bob: “Let’s go!”

Off-camera announcer: This special tournament is brought to you by the good folks at Burt’s Beer. Burt’s Beer: The beer you drink when all hope is lost.”

Team Parasite vs. Team Metallo

Spoiler Alert!

Bracket Updated
Old April 28th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Tickle Pickle

Sucks to see Parasite go down like that. He's quite fun when you can hit the rolls for his drain and keep him alive for a while.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion