Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old May 4th, 2010, 08:01 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: KC's 2nd Birthday Bash in Warren, OH - Army Auction Draf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangred View Post
Is it too late to join in? I have me and one other player.

Do I need to provide army ideas or are there enough already?
It is absolutely not too late - come on in!!!

Feel free to throw out some army ideas if you like, but there should be enough to cover you guys. It's kinda slim pickins out there amongst figures that haven't been used in an army yet, but if you come up with a good themed army using some of the guys I used in my "extra" armies, toss it in.

For now, I'll add that EI army and "Bak from the Future" (good call, Bob) to the list to bring us to 50 armies. That covers 24 players, which is where I think we are.

And Darkness - I was really going to enjoy bidding a bunch of money on that Cyprien army to watch you keep outbidding me, and then buying the Tron army. I look forward to finally playing you - I just hope its not one of the tournaments where I bring something crappy just to mess around and Cyprien tears through it.

And, for the record, your dad beat me at NHSD. I really thought I had that game in the bag, too, but his Nakitas just refused to die. I guess that's what I get for one-shotting his Raelin in Alliance and having 3A-4D Spiders the whole game.

24 Players is a pretty darn big tournament for just a random monthly game day - maybe the biggest we've ever had outside of NHSD!!! Thanks, guys!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 4th, 2010, 02:20 PM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Update:

It looks like phantazm's girl is playing after all, so we have 25 players as of right now, if all of the Probables come. I added another map - Spring Thaw by Retlaw, that phantazm can also build.

Since we may have an odd number of players here, I've been trying to think of ways to do the Bye. I think its going to be the Bye gets a Win, 400 Points and $20. I'm going to assume that most games are going to be over 400 Points with people hiring Mercs, so I wanted to give the Bye player a little bonus. Plus, in every Round except 1, the Bye will go to the last place player, so that extra money might help them hire the Merc they need to get back in it. Futhermore, players getting Byes in Rounds 1 and 2 miss out on the chance to go after the Money Glyph, so all-in-all I think the $20 is fair. If you get the Bye in Round 1, you're lucky to get the Win and $20 - that's what you get for having to sit and watch 45 minutes longer than you wanted to. You can't get more than one Bye, though.

phantazm also said he can bring any units I need, so I'll update the list later this week with the stuff he doesn't have. For instance, I know he doesn't have any Trons, so Columbus guys - if you could bring those, that'd be great.

Lastly, looks like we still need 2 more armies. If anyone wants to post a suggestion, feel free. I'll try and come up with 2 more from what's left also. I'm going to assume that everyone is cool with the army changes I proposed yesterday as well.

EDIT: Here's an attempt...

Jolly Green Giant
Jotun - 225
Brandis Skyhunter - 315
Kelda - 395
$5 - 400, 4 hexes

and Deathstalkers x3 + Some hero... DW7K would be thematic but I'm afraid the army would suck too hard. Any ideas?

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; May 4th, 2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old May 4th, 2010, 05:38 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

This looks to be a fun day & I wish I could be there. I wish you all well.

Might I suggest...

Watery Death
Wa Sa Ga 135
2x Water Elemental
2x Death Stalkers

Almost all the maps have some form of water, so it could have a little advantage.

Another would be..

Utgar Pod
Torin 120
Z Guards 190
KMS (warwitch) 320
Thorigrim 400

Torin would deter range & KMS would scare malee. The guards benefit from everyone.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old May 4th, 2010, 06:53 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Not including suggestions in the last couple posts, this is who I see as left:
Air Elemental
Armoc Vipers
Brandis Skyhunter
Concan the Kyrie Warrior
Deadeye Dan
Deathstalkers
Dumutef Guard
Estivara
Finn the Viking Champion
Jotun
Kee-Mo-Shee
Kelda the Kyrie Warrior
Kozuke Samurai
Major X17
Morsbane
Obsidian Guards
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (v2)
Runa
Saylind the Kyrie Warrior
Sgt. Drake Alexander (v1)
Shades of Bleakwoode
Syvarris
Thorgrim the Viking Champion
Torin
Water Elemental
Wo-Sa-Ga

Of that You could do:

Shoot Em In the Air:
Air Elemental x 2 = 60
Brandis Skyhunter = 150
Deadeye Dan = 210
Sgt. Drake Alexander (v1) = 320
Saylind or Kelda = 400

Superstalkers:
Deathstalkers x 2 = 200
Torin = 320
Thorgrim = 400

Soul Drain
Major X17 = 100
Morsbane = 200
Shades of Bleakwoode x 2 = 400

Charge & Cover
Kozuke Samurai = 100
Syvarris = 200
Runa = 320
Finn = 400

Waterworld:
Wo-Sa-Ga = 135
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (v2) = 255
Water Elemental x 5 = 405

Edit: And there are always Marvel Figures! I think Captain America should go with Drake and others, and Spidey or Venom would make good additions. Or how about Hulk or Thanos as a one-man team

P.S. While I have all your attention, look at my Trade Post and see if you want to do any trades at the tourney.

Last edited by lefton4ya; May 4th, 2010 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Marvel
Old May 4th, 2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post

P.S. While I have all your attention, look at my Trade Post and see if you want to do any trades at the tourney.

I could probably do Acolarh and Taro for a Jungle Set - I need another one. Let me know if that's good or not.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 4th, 2010, 08:33 PM

Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker

I don't think my +1 will be coming but I'm still planning on it.

I will work for a hotel at GenCon. That's on my trade list...lol

Old May 4th, 2010, 10:07 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I just looked at the list of attendees and I'm about 99% sure that I'll have five including me.

Bob
Jordan
Michael
Heath
Josh
Old May 5th, 2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher View Post
I just looked at the list of attendees and I'm about 99% sure that I'll have five including me.

Bob
Jordan
Michael
Heath
Josh
Oh, cool!

In that case, we definitely need some more armies. With all of those players, that puts us at 27, which means we need 56 armies. I think it can be done without reusing any figures, but some of the fat in the armies is gonna need trimmed off. And, I'm going to reuse the Venoc Warlord for 5 reasons:

1) He wears awesome mittens of doom
2) It's my birthday, and he's my favorite hero
3) I have 2 of him
4) His name is generic. I mean, there's probably more than one Venoc Warlord anyway, right?
5) The Armoc Vipers don't really make sense in an army without him

So, we can now make:

Snake Charmer 2.0:
Venoc Warlord - 120
Armoc Vipers x3 - 315
Brandis Skyhunter - 405
($5) - 400

I made the following changes to the army pool to try and sure up some armies and free up some other figures:

- Swapped Raelin with Concan in the Sentinel army. I think Concan fits better there thematically anyway, and we weren't gonna find another place for him
- Swapped Isamu, Shiori and Otonashi with the Kozuke Samurai in the Ninja army. At least they're still Asian, and that allowed me to re-add Isamu to Smoke and Mirrors as requested, and give Skahen a Tricky figure to move around in Vydar's Renowned.
- Swapped Brunak with Dzu-Teh x1 and a Water Elemental in Fire and Ice, and renamed it Ice, Ice, Baby!. That gives us Brunak to work into a new army, possibly with Obsidian Guards.
- Swapped Erevan and Sharwin with Raelin and Syvarris in Double Date. That army was just hideous before, and now with Raelin and a long-range threat it should stand a chance.
- Swapped DW7K and the Dumutef for Deathreavers x3. lefton4ya, I really did like your idea better, but now I feel like we need the Zettian Guards to go with Torin in another army. Using Rats x3 frees up the Zettians, makes the army competitive, and ensures that people don't have to pay a fee to buy Deathwalkers.
- added Snake Charmer 2.0

Additional 5 armies:

We Can Take the Heat
Brunak - 110
Obsidian Guards x2 - 310
Fire Elemental x2 - 380
$20 - 400, 10 hexes

I'm going to add another lava map to the pool since we need a map, and these guys would be a force to reckon with on one of them. I almost did Obsidians x3, but I didn't like charging a fee for this army.

Staredown
Torin - 120
Zettian Guards - 190
Estivara - 270
Kee-Mo-Shi - 400, 6 hexes

I think these figures make up a decent pod around Torin, and present a lot of different threats. Should be interesting at least.

Windy Wilderness
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (SotM) - 120
Sharwin Wildborn - 230
Erevan Sunshadow - 310
Air Elemental x3 - 400, 6 hexes

A little stretch on theme here, but there is the Raelin / Air Elemental Whirlwind theme going on, and Wildborn and Sunshadow kinda have some nature connotations. The point was to get some ranged attackers backed by Raelin behind a screen of Swirling Vortex. Raelin SotM provides a multiple attacker and also enough range to protect both heroes and the Elementals. The right Mercenary could make this army a pain to deal with (Krav, anyone?), and there are a lot of melee armies in the pool that get shut down by the Elementals.

Bash Brothers
Jotun - 225
Crixus - 315
Kelda the Kyrie Warrior - 395
$5 - 400, 4 hexes

Two tanks with big sticks that Kelda can heal. Again, the right Mercenary could make this army pretty formidable, I think. I wouldn't want to face it after someone hired Q10, for instance.

Deathborgs 2.0
Deathstalkers x3 - 300
Deathwalker 7000 - 400, 19 hexes

I was going to use Wookie's army above, but then decided to use the Water Elemental in Ice, Ice, Baby! and the Fire Elemental is We Can Take the Heat because I didn't like charging a fee for either the Fire or Ice armies (the Ice army could've been GIE x2, Dzu-Teh x2, but then its $10 over and a worse army, I think). This one sticks with theme and has still some decent matchups in the pool. Anything heavy on heroes is probably in trouble here. It also strengthens the Omnicron army, since there's another Soulborg army in the pool.

I think I will also bring lefton4ya's Soul Drain with me. I think that army is probably in some danger against most other armies in the pool, but its really tough on heroes and I want to have an extra army on hand in case we get another player I'm not expecting. I thought about the Marvel figures too, and figured they would be a last resort. Silver Surfer+Thorgrim is pretty mean, as is something like Cap+Drake+Saylind. I'll throw them in my box to use if we need even more armies, though I'd like to avoid them. I really never thought we'd get to the point where we were running out of figures to use in armies!

I'm sorry if I seem like I'm not using people's ideas.... I'm just trying as best I can to give every army a fighting chance, keep to theme, and get enough armies into the pool. I also need to get a list of figures I need to borrow out to phantazm and the Columbus guys today to make sure we have everything.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; May 5th, 2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:05 AM

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR

THOSE COMING!!!

I talked with Greg (owner of All-American) yesterday. The Relay for Life is being held in Warren this weekend, so you won't be able to park on the streets in front of the store. I think most of you have used the parking deck behind the store before - that's where you'll have to park. There's a door to get into All American through the back, which will be open. Come in that way, and the tournament will be straight down the stairs in the same place we held NHSD.

DO NOT park in front of the store. I don't know what they'll do with cars parked there before the Relay starts, so please go around to the back and park in the deck.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:19 AM

Yeah, I just triple-posted. Do somethin'!!

Here is what I hope is the final list of figures I need people to bring for me. I'll list out the stuff I think phantazm is bringing separately. If someone can post saying they'll bring the other stuff, I'd really appreciate it (I know the Columbus guys said they could help out - if you can, that's great!)

I NEED SOMEONE TO BRING!!!!!:
Gladiatrons x3 (with Army Card)
Blastatrons x3 (with Army Card)
Marro Drones x4
Templar Cavalry x1
Sacred Band x2
Armoc Vipers x2

phantazm can bring:
Fyorlag Spiders x1
Zelrig (Army Card only - I lost mine)
Deathreavers x2
Sentinels of Jandar x1
Shaolin Monks x1
Ashigaru Yari x2
Ashigaru Harquebus x2
Roman Legionaries x1
Roman Archers x1
Marcu Esenwein (figure only - mine betrayed me)
Heavy Gruts x1
Dzu-Teh x1
Obsidian Guards x1
Blade Gruts x1
Arrow Gruts x1

I should have everything else.

Also, I added the map Swamp Gas by mad_wookiee. I needed a SotM + Lava map, and that one has a glyph that will work well for the Money Glyph.

Thanks to everyone for helping out with figures, suggestions and ideas! This tourney has gotten much bigger than I thought it would be, which is awesome!

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; May 5th, 2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old May 5th, 2010, 10:53 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
We Can Take the Heat
Brunak - 110
Obsidian Guards x2 - 310
Fire Elemental x2 - 380
$20 - 400, 10 hexes

I'm going to add another lava map to the pool since we need a map, and these guys would be a force to reckon with on one of them. I almost did Obsidians x3, but I didn't like charging a fee for this army.
This will suck on a map with water blocking paths, but I guess the lava maps will compensate - luck of the draw I guess.

I think you made the right choice in switching armies - thanks for taking the time to think of this. I think if we can use almost all the figures in separate roughly 400-point armies this definitely needs to go in a thread somewhere so others can use it too. I was thinking of coming up with 600 point armies for all the figs I own (about 80% of all - no wave 3/4/6 squads or what is on my want list) and I think these should be a valuable resource for people other than this tourney.

Also, just to re-ask: Do we not have to let others know our mercs until after we bid? Just in case I bring an extra 50 or 100 point common squad or a hero where someone can tell which army my mercinary goes with best, I do not want them to bid me up or stop me from taking it.
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Quote:
We Can Take the Heat
Brunak - 110
Obsidian Guards x2 - 310
Fire Elemental x2 - 380
$20 - 400, 10 hexes

This will suck on a map with water blocking paths, but I guess the lava maps will compensate - luck of the draw I guess.
Yep. Water maps are really tough on this army, but even the maps with water have a lot more safe places than water. Plus, the 2 Lava maps have glyphs on the lava, which is a huge advantage for them. And, if they get a lucky game on Ember Canyon Road, they'll be really tough to beat with Obsidian Guards throwing molten lava at stuff from high ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya
I think you made the right choice in switching armies - thanks for taking the time to think of this. I think if we can use all the figures in separate roughly 400-point armies this definitely need to go in a thread somewhere so others can use it too. I was thinking of coming up with 600 point armies for all the figs I own (about 80% of all - no wave 3/4/6 squads or what is on my want list) and I think these should be a valuable resource for people other than this tourney.
I've been blogging about this tourney lately, and I have our updated list of armies there. I do think it's really cool how many different armies we've been able to come up with using different figures, and still keeping each one to a theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya
Also, just to re-ask: Do we not have to let others know our mercs until after we bid? Just in case I bring an extra 100-pt squad or hero where someone can tell which army my mercinary goes with best, I do not want them to bid me up or stop me from taking it.
Your Mercenaries are your secret. You never have to reveal them to anyone if you don't want to. You do have to list them on your scoresheet though, and you also have to list on there when you hire one of them, so I would know if someone hired a Merc that wasn't on their list. I created a custom score sheet for this event that lays everything out very simply. I can't upload it from work, but I'll try to get it up tonight so everyone can see it.

So yeah - if I bring Sir Denrick as my 100 Point Mercenary (and I might...), I don't have to tell the other players, because they might very well try to bid me up on the Knights, Macdirks, or 4th Mass because they know I have a Merc that synergizes with them.

This might be a good time to point out to some players possible Mercs that have synergy with some armies out there, to encourage people to think outside the box a bit and not just bring MWs/Krav/Q10:

Valiant Mercs:
Jorhdawn
Sir Denrick
Sir Dupuis

Disciplined Mercs:
Sacred Band
Roman Legionaires
Kozuke Samurai
Marcus Decimus Gallus

Mercs that Bond:
Me-Burq-Sa
Nerak
Marcus Decimus Gallus
Morsbane (Jorhdawn and Arkmer do, too, but they're already in the army)
Ornak
Sir Denrick
Tornak
Wyvern

I won't give away anything else. There are lots and lots of other really nice synergies out there that the Mercs have (for everyone only considering Q10 and Cyprien at 150 - there are 3 different armies in the pool that have Knights in them to boost Sir Dupuis' attack, and he's Valiant!), and I'm probably choosing at least one of my Mercs to try and take advantage of some of them.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; May 5th, 2010 at 11:15 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events