Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 24th, 2008, 07:33 PM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!
RageAngel's Custom Units (Star Wars)

Ok, just a quick post to start, more coming:

Thanks to AllSkulls for the template.

Old January 24th, 2008, 08:37 PM

OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker
Seems like a really low attack, I'd put at least 2 attack.
Old January 24th, 2008, 08:50 PM

Deathclaw767 Woo who?
Keep in mind that in the origional movies, these guys almost never hit anything. If they were as up to snuff as the rebels, all of the main characters would die less than an hour into the first movie.

C:\Documents and Settings\David Alm\Desktop\GOW sig\GOW2 sig.JPG
Old January 24th, 2008, 08:56 PM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!
Exactly. And they carry repeating blasters. While they can't hit much they fill the air with blaster fire...

So I figured the 1 attack with double attack means that they're not very effective (yet not pushovers), but with strategy (height) or leadership (Taelord, or ??) they can be a force to be reckoned with.
Old January 24th, 2008, 09:03 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Definitely a plausible direction to take stormtroopers. Do you have any ideas on the points? I would say 75 points or so.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 24th, 2008, 09:13 PM

Thanks Necro.

I just made this quick to toss up on eBay with figs as squads. I was thinking 75 to match the 4th Mass. According to the Matchup calc, the 4th mass have a slight edge against these troopers.

But I can't see making them cheaper than 60 or more than 80.

I have more in mind squads and figs in mind, but just thought I'd start the thread with the image I had.

I was thinking to do imperial officers boosting their move universally and the attack if adjacent.
Old January 24th, 2008, 09:16 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I initially compared them to the Omnicrons (though we all know stormtroopers are no snipers...I guess it was the white armor), but after thinking about it they're closer to the Aubriens. The Aubriens have better attack, but rely on luck to get extra attacks. You might get away with 70 or even 65 for the stormtroopers.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 24th, 2008, 09:31 PM

Looking at the Aubriens, 70 seems right.

I didn't want to do them as vanilla 2/2 ranged units. I wanted there to be some flavor and a reason to draft stormtroopers other than "they're stormtroopers"

There's no reason to give them frenzy... just seems out of character. But the ability to fire faster than most units with lousy accuracy seemed to fit.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards