Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Closed Thread

Old September 19th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Obsolete NEWS: No Prize Support For NHSD (not true anymore)

Just got the news from WOTC that they will not be able to support 2008 NHSD in the form of prizes. As you all know, there has been support from Hasbro in the past, so this comes as a disappointing surprise.

WOTC still plans on implementing the DCI registry in time for NHSD, but it is taking a back seat to some other projects, namely the new release for MTG.

Truth will still send Skahens out to the events as we secured these for just this purpose in fear that this might happen. There are a lot of Skahens to go around.

Sorry folks. Please understand, that Truth, TheGuru, and I have tried to get through to these guys, and as nice as they are, we do feel a little let down. I personally feel bad about pimping NHSD so hard hoping that WOTC would take notice. I know a lot of you were banking on some chunky prize support. But, hey! NHSD isn't all about the prizes right?

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Last edited by bunjee; September 23rd, 2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old September 19th, 2008, 08:23 AM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: NEWS: No Prize Support For NHSD

Thank you and to all that were involved, I know it was not for a lack on your part. WOC is really hard to understanding their thinking on this as well as other decisions they make.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old September 19th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Just got the news from WOTC that they will not be able to support 2008 NHSD in the form of prizes. As you all know, there has been support from Hasbro in the past, so this comes as a disappointing surprise.

WOTC still plans on implementing the DCI registry in time for NHSD, but it is taking a back seat to some other projects, namely the new release for MTG.

Truth will still send Skahens out to the events as we secured these for just this purpose in fear that this might happen. There are a lot of Skahens to go around.

Sorry folks. Please understand, that Truth, TheGuru, and I have tried to get through to these guys, and as nice as they are, we do feel a little let down. I personally feel bad about pimping NHSD so hard hoping that WOTC would take notice. I know a lot of you were banking on some chunky prize support. But, hey! NHSD isn't all about the prizes right?
Thanks for the update.
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:28 AM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sorry to hear it, but no hard feelings, here. Just glad to be part of the community-- anything above and beyond is purely gravy.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

, , theGuru (he really needs an icon), et al: I truly appreciate your efforts and feel bad that they have gone unrewarded. WotC just really don't seem to comprehend what an awesome product they have had dropped in their laps, let alone the amazing team they have at their disposal to coordinate these efforts.

Again, thanks for all you do, guys.
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not the greatest news, but it won't for a moment deminish the joy of getting some 'Scape in at the NHSD in CT.

Great job and forsight on securing the Skahens, guys!

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:35 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
, , theGuru (he really needs an icon), et al: I truly appreciate your efforts and feel bad that they have gone unrewarded. WotC just really don't seem to comprehend what an awesome product they have had dropped in their laps, let alone the amazing team they have at their disposal to coordinate these efforts.

Again, thanks for all you do, guys.
Couldn't have said it better myself. No support won't diminish my enjoyment as Robert said but it would have been nice of WOTC to show some love.
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:03 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

It is really a big disappointment for me, but not because of you guys GB, theGuru and Truth. You guys have done a tremendous job in supporting the community and making sure that we will have a good time in NHSD. Thank you very much for that!
WotC... Yeah, I am not sure if I like the transition anymore. I am pretty patient about that, but my belief in them has been eroded day after day. It sux!

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:07 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I can honestly say I not once thought about the prizes that may have ended up on the table for NHSD. Simply looking forward to a long day of Scaping, especially since I haven't been able to play since the Saratoga Slugfest back in July.

Guess us Scapers will have to fill the prize table ourselves, not anything we haven't been doing already.

-insert signature here-
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm sure everyone will have just as much fun playing, because the same games will be played with or without prize support.

And as other are saying, thanks to Truth™, GrungeBob™, and theGuru™ for everything that they've done and will do.

Jim™

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

I'm actually looking more forward to Onacara's custom trophies than any prize support, so no worries from me. Thanks for your efforts, GB, truth and Guru, we all appreciate it.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:35 AM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This does'nt help my faith in WotC. I just experienced the way they handle their customers and their Online product. They just don't care. Now they can't support prizes for a game that is obviously well liked. I mean come on you guys are the ones that get the tournaments going not them. The least they could've done was support us with prizes. Even if it was just a little bit. Just something to show they are still backing us up. I understand NHSD is not just about prizes and IM not even going to make it to an event. Its just I can't stand WotC and the way they handle their product. I hope they can wow us later on down the road when they start to understand they have a great product here.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day