Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 13th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by whizkidtoys
My friends and I are getting into the game. One of them played a ton of Zombies/Marro and Grimnak. About halfway through the game, his Zombies and Marro having been decimated, he takes Grimnak for a spin.

My hand to god, he made 8 Chomp rolls in a row. Combined with the squad figures that he just devoured outright, Grimnak alone killed off my entire army in about 5 rounds. Even though he was the biggest target on the field, I just couldn't seem to make an attack stick to him. All I could do is sit there and pout while he maniacally laughed and Chomped another.

One thousand points, right into his mouth. I will never underestimate this figure again!
Wow! That is a one out of 390,625 chance for those eight 17 or higher d20 rolls. I am impressed!
Old January 13th, 2008, 07:50 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by whizkidtoys
My friends and I are getting into the game. One of them played a ton of Zombies/Marro and Grimnak. About halfway through the game, his Zombies and Marro having been decimated, he takes Grimnak for a spin.

My hand to god, he made 8 Chomp rolls in a row. Combined with the squad figures that he just devoured outright, Grimnak alone killed off my entire army in about 5 rounds. Even though he was the biggest target on the field, I just couldn't seem to make an attack stick to him. All I could do is sit there and pout while he maniacally laughed and Chomped another.

One thousand points, right into his mouth. I will never underestimate this figure again!
Grimnak's Chomp can be nasty, which more than compensates for his two dice attack. You have to try to take him down with range. I remember losing Sir Gilbert twice and Kaemon at least once in different games with Grimnak's 20D Chomp for heroes not to count all the commons I've lost to him. I never recovered from those loses in each one of those games. I did get bad turns (my usual excuse), and I'm still hurting from those.

He is a great draft in a small map and has the capacity of killing two in one turn. The bonding with heavy gruts and orc warrior enhancement make him a tremendous squad leader. He can break the line easily in melee fights and his double spaced size can influence more units than single spaced units. He is definitely a tricky heroe to take down and play against. Before you get close to him, try to see first if there are any order markers on his army card or any orc warrior army card (remember the bonding) or keep the distance while you can and turns allow it. One of the times that I lost Sir Gilbert I did not see the order marker on the Blade Gruts and I paid for trying to get close with Sir Gilbert and a squad of KoWs.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old October 4th, 2008, 09:45 PM

holland227 is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Grimnak

So his chomp only works after he moves right? If he moves "0" then he can't chomp?
Old October 4th, 2008, 09:52 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Actually, a move of 0 still counts as a move. If you said you weren't moving, then it'd be different, but if you were "moving" zero spaces it would be a different matter altogether.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old October 4th, 2008, 10:16 PM

holland227 is surprisingly tart

ok so chomp is good end game when you tie down some squads
Old November 14th, 2008, 06:46 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I LOVE THIS GUY! Grim was one of my original favorites, and he has risen back up to that point of being one of my favorites! In a game I just finished, where everyone started in combat, Grim chomped Cap first turn! He then proceeded to move over, and chomp a full-life Surfer, a full life Kaemon, a full-life Johnny, and a full-life Drake version two! He did it on different turns of course, but it was AWESOME!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 14th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
I LOVE THIS GUY! Grim was one of my original favorites, and he has risen back up to that point of being one of my favorites! In a game I just finished, where everyone started in combat, Grim chomped Cap first turn! He then proceeded to move over, and chomp a full-life Surfer, a full life Kaemon, a full-life Johnny, and a full-life Drake version two! He did it on different turns of course, but it was AWESOME!
The last time Grimnak that awe-inspiring, my heroes were on the receiving end - Kaemon, Warden, Sullivan, no one was spared.

It can be devastating watching those hardy Sentinels/Minions gulped down too.

Last weekend I played my son. I had Heavy Gruts with Tornak and Grimnak. They were facing Hawhthorne, KoW, Templar and Dupuis. Two Templar took out Grimnak so fast and were spared any Chomp threat because of their size.

Last edited by Hex_Enduction_Hour; November 14th, 2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old November 14th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

The same army both featuring Grimnak took first and second place at the recent Nebraska Skirmish last Saturday.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old November 14th, 2008, 11:42 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Last weekend I played my son. I had Heavy Gruts with Tornak and Grimnak. They were facing Hawhthorne, KoW, Templar and Dupuis. Two Templar took out Grimnak so fast and were spared any Chomp threat because of their size.
All right! A win for the Templar Knights!
Old January 20th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sorry to ask this, but my bro won't let it go. Is is still a rule that Grimnak MUST move before attacking? He won't believe me, even after I showed him the card! I can't continue the game without this little bit of info, so does anyone know if that rule still applies today?
Old January 20th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Moving is always optional for every unit. Your bro is a noob...Oh, wait. After reading your question again, maybe you're the noob. ..

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old January 20th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Moving is always optional for every unit. Your bro is a noob...

Brandon
But he's saying he can chomp, and then move!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units