Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 4th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Otonashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbalistic View Post
So if you start her on a road next to your tricky character, plus you have the movement glyph, you could propel her 6 + 4 + 3 + 2 = 15 spaces.
Imagine your opponent's surprise when you kill their wild character that was 16 spaces away.
Hey, it could happen...
Imagine your opponent's amusement when you move 15 spaces, don't kill anything, and then die on the next turn!
And, even better, wasted 5 order markers getting everything into position.
Old October 11th, 2009, 03:54 PM

mr.potato is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

so after al those posts, who would you pick, Isamu or Otanashi?

Eh sir, I don't think killing jezus is very christian
Old October 11th, 2009, 03:58 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.potato View Post
Isamu, he has the chance to dodge an attack, while Oto has virtually no chance at all. Plus, Isamu has better attack.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old October 11th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.potato View Post
I believe that 90% of people will say Isamu, because a 9 or higher is more reliable than 3 defense. Isamu also has more attack, and can boost it when attacking Jandar figures, which are more common than Wild figures (at least in tournaments).
Old January 17th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Yea I would only use Otonashi if I had 20 free points. Isamu is better than either of the 20 pointers so I would rather use him and i would rather have otonashi than leave 10 points empty...
Old March 18th, 2010, 12:25 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!

I think the discussion in this book so far looks at Otonashi in the wrong way, seemingly comparing Otonashi to Isumu straight up.

Otonashi is much more situational than Isumu and for sure will see less filler use. There's no reason for Otonashi unless you have a tricky unit and in my opinion a tricky unit that is not a first-striker. And without a wild unit in your opponent's army, she looses much (all) of her appeal. So Otonashi is a draft unit, not a tournament unit.

However, Otonashi is neither a first striker or an endgamer. Otonashi is a mid-game surprise, "forget about me" figure. The reason she's not a first striker is that on many maps you've still got to wait for something to get in range and that something should be wild. The reason she's not an endgame is your opponent's wild figure may already be dead or your tricky units may already be dead.

In many games armies are lined up on the sides and invariably meet in the middle. Her movement plus tricky move bonus plus Phantom Walk makes the mid-game the opportune time to head to battle.

Also, just by her 10 points and non-menacing figure, Otonashi has the opposite of a target on her back. She can sit safely until you need a mid-game precise strike.
Old March 18th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I might.......might use Otonashi.....if I knew my opponent was using an all Wild army.

I think I'd take Isumu still however. The one time movement bonus isn't worth it for me.

However, I did kill Hulk with her in a game once.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old March 18th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I like Wrigg's ideas. The difficult thing about her is her lame basic attack of 2. Isamu has a better spread of ideal targets, IMO. His attack against non-Jandar is good enough for him to do some damage. Otonashi should maybe have an extra skull from height.

Old March 18th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Keep the one life, keep the 2 attack, give her 5 defense and counterstrike - at least make her a suicide melee unit. As is, she's gonna get that speed boost maybe once - and the attack is just too weak to make her useful.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old March 18th, 2010, 02:27 PM

Windy_City_Hawk has disabled reputation

The couple of times that I used Otonashi I tried using her as a glyph grabber - which she was great at. The problem was that she was a less-than-steller glyph holder! "Anyone can grab a glyph, but it's the holding part that's important!" Think of that Sienfield episode where he made the car reservation, but the lady at the desk said she couldn't "hold" his reservation.

I do think she has possibilities in this regard on larger maps.
Old March 18th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy_City_Hawk View Post
The couple of times that I used Otonashi I tried using her as a glyph grabber - which she was great at. The problem was that she was a less-than-steller glyph holder! "Anyone can grab a glyph, but it's the holding part that's important!" Think of that Sienfield episode where he made the car reservation, but the lady at the desk said she couldn't "hold" his reservation.

I do think she has possibilities in this regard on larger maps.
Again, that's why Isumu is better, he hold's them much better against ranged (though with melee he has to move).

Old March 18th, 2010, 10:42 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

With the new Treasure glyphs, she can run out quick and grab one, then bring it back to a slower, more improtant hero.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units