Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 16th, 2024, 12:42 AM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Book of Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (AoA)

Raelin the Kyrie Warrior
Age of Annihilation, Master Set

Basic Side Army Card
Spoiler Alert!

No PDF download for printing at this time.

Biography: Raelin the Keen, Raelin the Brave… Raelin the Unyielding. Once a beacon of light in Jandar’s army, the ominous amulet about her neck now signals a new, sinister master of her mind and heart.

But all may not be lost. The will-bending magic of Kee-Mo-Shi has been beaten before. As Raelin defies the amulet’s influence from within, her allies work tirelessly from without to rid the world of the necklace’s power once and for all.

Power Text:
Quote:
TERRIFYING AURA
While opponents' figures are within 4 clear sight spaces of Raelin the Kyrie Warrior, they lower their defense by 1.

TWIST tHE BLADE
If Raelin inflicts at least 1 wound with a normal attack or leaving engagement attack, she inflicts 1 additional wound.

FLYING

- Rulings and Clarifications -
  • TBA

- Combinations and Synergies -

Synergy Benefits Offered:
  • LOVIÄTAK: Dynastic Leadership
    As a Unique Kyrie Hero who follows Utgar, Raelin can fulfill the requirements of Loviatäk the Kyrie Warrior's DYNASTIC LEADERSHIP special ability so that all figures you control who follow Utgar increase their Move Value by 1.

Synergy Benefits Received
  • LOVIÄTAK: Dynastic Leadership
    If you control Loviatäk and another Unique Kyrie Hero who follows Utgar (like Raelin herself), Raelin increases her Move value by 1.

• MINIONS OF UTGAR: Utgar’s Orders
    As a Kyrie warrior that follows Utgar, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior may benefit from the Minions of Utgar's UTGAR’S ORDERS activation synergy.

• KHOSUMET THE DARKLORD: Relentless Assault
    Having a Relentless personality, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior may benefit from Khosumet the Darklord’s RELENTLESS ASSAULT attack bonus.

• ORNAK: Red Flag of Fury
    As a unique hero that follows Utgar, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.

• DEATHKNIGHTS OF VALKRILL: Unholy Bonding: As a Large hero with a Relentless personality, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior may benefit from the Death Knights of Valkrill's UNHOLY BONDING activation synergy.

• ATLAGA THE KYRIE WARRIOR: Kyrie Leadership
    As a Kyrie, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior adds one to her Move due to Kyrie Leadership.

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies

Spoiler Alert!

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Rankings
OEAO: B
(Subject to change)

Matthaias Maccabeus (Melee Perspective): C+
(Subject to change)

Dok (VC Inclusive): TBA
(Subject to change)

Master Index

Unit Strategy Review
TBA.

Images

Last edited by Strack9; March 16th, 2024 at 02:09 AM.
Old April 7th, 2024, 03:56 PM

FIRE_LORD510 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: The Book of Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (AoA)

Her and Loviatak feel made to synergize well together. I'm glad that level of care and dedication went into the figures as well as the lore behind them. Her riding a flying saber tooth tiger feels like the Utgar thing to do.

Heroscape's back on the menu boys.
Old April 9th, 2024, 06:17 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Death Knights are a fun bonding choice, as they already reduce the defender's defense by 2. Along with Evil Raelin, they're 2 atk vs. -3 defense, meaning a lot of foes aren't rolling at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old April 9th, 2024, 08:24 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For funsies I'd like to try her with a few squads of the Death Knights to set up a screen. Then have Deathwalker 8000 within range to use Rapid Fire SA on the opponent's figures with lowered defense.
Old April 10th, 2024, 06:26 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

That tiger being purely cosmetic is so sad. I honestly doubt whether this design would've passed muster with C3V or SoV.
Old April 10th, 2024, 08:54 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
That tiger being purely cosmetic is so sad. I honestly doubt whether this design would've passed muster with C3V or SoV.
Hey, that tiger clearly gives her the ability to fly around the battlefieldohwaitnevermind

Still, it is a fun miniature, and that wins popularity points for the kids.
Old April 10th, 2024, 09:24 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's a fun sculpt, but I have to agree with Sherman Davies here. The worst thing about Raelin (AoA)'s design is that this exact same design could be used for an unmounted Raelin and literally nothing would change. In fact, it'd arguably make more sense; are we to believe that the only thing the Manticore is providing to Raelin is a single point of life? Just another instance where AoA prioritizes style over design sense IMO.

But speaking about gameplay for a second: reducing enemies' defense by 3 with the Death Knights is a neat trick, but that's basically all Raelin (AoA) has going for her. I doubt she'll see all that much play without Death Knights unless you're trying to get Loviatak's Dynastic Leadership to function, which doesn't seem worthwhile to me in most instances.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old April 10th, 2024, 09:59 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherDarkrai View Post
It's a fun sculpt, but I have to agree with Sherman Davies here. The worst thing about Raelin (AoA)'s design is that this exact same design could be used for an unmounted Raelin and literally nothing would change. In fact, it'd arguably make more sense; are we to believe that the only thing the Manticore is providing to Raelin is a single point of life? Just another instance where AoA prioritizes style over design sense IMO.

But speaking about gameplay for a second: reducing enemies' defense by 3 with the Death Knights is a neat trick, but that's basically all Raelin (AoA) has going for her. I doubt she'll see all that much play without Death Knights unless you're trying to get Loviatak's Dynastic Leadership to function, which doesn't seem worthwhile to me in most instances.
I dunno, that Aura can be pretty mean against all melee bonding armies. Against range she's in trouble, but who isn't?

I don't think she's more than a B+ rating at best, but I think she will see plenty of play, at least at first. I agree tho, wish the Manticore had some sort of special, or a pseudo Chomp like 'ol Grimnak.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old April 11th, 2024, 07:14 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The mythological Manticore is supposed to have a "scorpion's tail," that can launch poison stingers! So this one seems like a missed opportunity. This feature seems an integral part of the creature in most interpretations of it, looking at wikipedia.

This is doubly disappointing to me, since oddly enough I actually have a small board game footnote with a Manticore. It was a promo card in the original Cyclades (Metagot), which used many mythological creatures. Years ago, I went to an old Italian printer to get my own card made up--I guess someone else had the card or a photo of it, but I didn't. The craftsman worked hard for me to make me a card that matched to the standard creature cards, although in the end the color tone was just a bit off. I took out this card from the old game just now to take a look. Its shown with a lion's head and bat wings, but a distinct scorpion's tail, which it has in both its picture and its symbolic icon version.
Old April 11th, 2024, 08:34 AM

SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby!

May be worth noting that Raelin's mount does in fact have a scorpion's tail. You just wouldn't know it by looking at the card.
Old April 11th, 2024, 03:07 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

If 'Twist the Blade' had its name changed to imply its an effect of being stung by the tail, that would alleviate any sculpt/rules relations without even having to change the text of the rules themselves.

Not a big deal to me because there's an additional reason for having the mount vs. not having it: its a better model to paint.
Old April 13th, 2024, 09:12 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

We never saw the card during the AoA campaign, right? I wonder if this is what it looked like then or if Renegade messed with it. The mount serving no purpose is mind boggling.

C3V Repaint?

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units