Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 5th, 2006, 09:56 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Unusual amount of estrogen?

Anyone else notice that their was an unusual amount of estrogent in this last wave? With two female sqads and a ninja, we got 7 female figs. I think that more than doubles the amount of female figs we had previously.

Raelin
Krav Maga Agent
Kelda
Sayind
Sudema
Braxas

It looks like 3 more are coming in the next set with Kee Mo Shi and the two Kyrie.

What does everyone else think about this? I dig it, but do you think they are trying to reach out ot more female consumers, or adolescent boys that like playing with female figures?
Old September 5th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Unusual amount of estrogen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced
Anyone else notice that their was an unusual amount of estrogent in this last wave?
And the expansion had a very feminine character title in 'Thora'.
I for one am glad to see more female figures in recent and future expansions - especially with potency in ability like the Ashra Warriors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced
but do you think they are trying to reach out ot more female consumers, or adolescent boys that like playing with female figures?
I think the game designers just know who the hardcore fanbase really is - older guys and gals who enjoy more representation of both sexes.
Old September 6th, 2006, 01:14 AM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
1) I would hardly call Braxas and Sudema or Ki-Mo-Shi classically female representatives, since they are undead or non-humanoid creatures.

2) I feel it is WAY past time to be putting more female-based archetypical characters in this game.
Their almost-exclusive-male characters, except for the token Valkyries (note, PURELY support characters every one of them) made them seem almost mysoginistic, or at the very least (which we discussed on .net) made them seem like they were afraid to put women in a combat role (1 Krav Maga Agent simply didn't cut it).

3) The 2 Kyrie in Wave 6 will likely be support units.
Old September 6th, 2006, 01:18 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'm not sure how much estrogen is left in Sudema...

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 6th, 2006, 03:45 AM

madmanmuzik has disabled reputation
I dig it, but the Nakita definitely look like they're trying to appeal more to mean than women. The WoA are great, though. Awesome, direct combat. It would be nice to see some women from the orcs, though.
Old September 6th, 2006, 04:20 AM

Jedi Master Corazz has disabled reputation
I really don't care if the characters are guys or gals, just as long as they're not both.

Never ever insult a fig until you've tried it more than 2 times, and no fig sucks in the right hands.
Old September 6th, 2006, 04:30 AM

madmanmuzik has disabled reputation
Hey, I think the transvestite/transgender population is being underrepresented in HS. I demand a recall of the Nakita, and a man added to the group.

Although, Saylind looks fairly manly to me... l thought she was a man for quite some time. Maybe she's actually transgender?
Old September 6th, 2006, 06:38 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I prefer to have a certain balance of male and female (and robot) figures!
Old September 6th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
I'm not sure how much estrogen is left in Sudema...

Well the WoA are at least common, so you can really get the numbers inflated a little.
Old September 6th, 2006, 06:50 AM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
I'm happy to see a goodly portion of the fairer sex in the game, personally.

-Ski
Old September 6th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanmuzik
It would be nice to see some women from the orcs, though.
We need a picture of Thor's old avatar.

Old September 6th, 2006, 03:36 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

Just lovely

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion