Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 15th, 2023, 05:00 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
HeroScape Math for a custom power

Hello,
I have a custom based on the Warrior Queen of Jhansi, an Indian queen who led a rebellion against the British.

She has this power:
HOPE FOR THE WEAK AURA
When a figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Jhani Ki Rani rolls only one skull when attacking an adjacent figure, the defending figure may roll no more than 1 defense die.

I've tested her a couple times the last couple days and I'm stuck on the math. I asked a math teacher to check it, but her answer didn't make a lot of sense either.

Is this power more likely to activate for a figure with 1 attack or 2 attack?

My math said that it would activate 50% of the time with 1 attack and only 25% of the time with 2 attack, because I specifically need the results to be a skull and then a non-skull, meaning 1/2 x 1/2. The math teacher's result said the probability is the same, because of the possible results, 1 skull and 1 non-skull or 1 non-skull and 1 skull make up 50% of the possible rolls (the others being double skulls or double non-skulls). But for my logical feeling (a contradition in itself) neither answer feels right. When I roll 2 dice, the most likely number of skulls is 1. So it feels like two dice should be better for exactly 1 skull than 1 die, as opposed to being half as likely or exactly as likely.

Can someone help me (and the math teacher)?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 15th, 2023, 05:07 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: HeroScape Math for a custom power

Math teacher is correct.

Think of attack rolls like coin flips: 50% chance each of heads(skulls) or tails(non-skulls).

So with one coin, you have two equally likely options: H or T. Half of those have exactly one head.

With two coins, you have four equally likely options: TT, TH, HT, or HH. Half of those have exactly one head.

Your playtesting experience of 1 skull being "most likely" is correct, but there's three options: 0, 1, or 2 skulls. Referring back to the earlier list of four options, 0 skulls happens 1/4 of the time, as does 2 skulls. 1 skull happens 2/4 (or 1/2) of the time making it the most likely option. But that doesn't mean it happens most of the time, it just happens more than any other single option.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards