Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old January 23rd, 2013, 02:13 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Shurrak

So, given that R˙chean has weighed in does this make a more carefully worded version of my analysis "official"? Just for clarity I will rewrite it:

When Shurrak attacks:
1) Roll for any powers that occur before defense dice are rolled (Isamu's Vanish). If the roll is successful carry out its effect before continuing.

2) Roll defense dice. The effect of any power that is activated by rolling defense dice (Counterstrike) is considered before continuing.

3) If Shurrak is still alive and the attacked figure may be destroyed, roll for any powers that affects whether the unit "may be destroyed." If the roll is successful consider the impact of the roll before continuing. (Cell Divide for the Marro Dividers, at this point the second unit is placed.)

4) Now "immediately" roll for knockback. Shurrak can only knockback the unit he attacked. (For example if there are now two Marro Dividers only the one he attacked can be knocked back.)

If this is "official" perhaps it should be explained in the first post.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 02:45 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Spoiler that and put it into the first post. That's a perfect explanation.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old January 25th, 2013, 12:27 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
So, given that R˙chean has weighed in does this make a more carefully worded version of my analysis "official"?
At this point, nothing I post is official. It is just how I play it. There is no way to account for everything and sometimes things got through that were not intended or thought of; there are many ways to interpret things. Also, the d&d stuff was rushed when you compare it to the development of everything through wave 9.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old January 25th, 2013, 02:21 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
So, given that R˙chean has weighed in does this make a more carefully worded version of my analysis "official"?
At this point, nothing I post is official. It is just how I play it. There is no way to account for everything and sometimes things got through that were not intended or thought of; there are many ways to interpret things. Also, the d&d stuff was rushed when you compare it to the development of everything through wave 9.
That's really funny. I opened this thread because I saw Ry had posted, and I thought "Cool, an official ruling!" I think you're going to have a hard time shaking that connotation.

Also; Rabble, rabble! Obligatory DnD bashing.
Old January 26th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post

I agree!

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:21 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Quote:

I agree!
Whatever, I saw your Gencon armies. You're a D&D-lover, come out of the closet, man...
Old January 26th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Quote:

I agree!
Whatever, I saw your Gencon armies. You're a D&D-lover, come out of the closet, man...
If he likes DnD.. what does that make all them Marvel lovers?

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old January 30th, 2013, 10:02 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Just getting caught up on some of these later units after a long hiatus. Two things struck me after reading this thread and the prerelease one:
  1. A surprisingly large number of people seemed to think that "both ... and" somehow meant either ... or. At first I wondered if this meant the schools were doing an even worse job of teaching communication skills than I had thought. But, more likely, this is probably a symptom of the increasing pace of life and the relentless bombardment by ubiquitous electronic information; it's all making us into a society of skimmers. We read for a quick "gist" rather than full comprehension (making things ever more difficult for designers of games with significant component-level text). Anyway, not that this really has anything to do with Shurrak, but I was amazed by how this same issue came up over and over again, to the point where some people were accusing the designers of wording it poorly. They weren't perfect, but overall they did an excellent job with what WotC gave them, and they got this one right.

2. There was virtually no discussion of Shurrak's ability to swat defenders off of glyphs. I think Tai-Pan mentioned it in passing in the pre-release thread, but I wonder if this benefit got due consideration in all the theoryscaping? Sure, the opponent gets a turn to scramble back onto the glyph after Shurrak's turn (barring tricks like Red Flag of Fury, of course), but did he place exactly the right order marker on the right card? And was that the card he really wanted that marker on? The mere fact that Shurrak is standing there is going to make your opponent completely rethink his OM placements. It can be easy for this kind of "soft advantage" to fly under the radar until people actually play the unit enough to see it happen.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; January 30th, 2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 12:41 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

I don't have any of these units, but in an all heroes or general wars format, this could be pretty wicked:

Shurrak 160
X2 Fen Hydra 400
Ornak 100

Four Utgar Unique Heroes. Ornak is the only weak link here stat-wise, as everything else is pretty tough to kill, and his main use is to dish out those eight 4-die attacks. This army would eat melee alive, but there isn't anything to counter range. Fun, but maybe not tournament winning.

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old April 6th, 2015, 07:26 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Shurrak
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old March 21st, 2018, 01:21 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If I have two figures adjacent to Shurrak but not adjacent to each other and I use Shurrak's special attack to Knockback one of the figures adjacent to the other one and Shurrak, does the newly adjacent unit have to roll defense dice against the special attack?
Old March 21st, 2018, 01:40 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
If I have two figures adjacent to Shurrak but not adjacent to each other and I use Shurrak's special attack to Knockback one of the figures adjacent to the other one and Shurrak, does the newly adjacent unit have to roll defense dice against the special attack?
No. Targets for multi-target special attacks are locked when the attack starts. It's similar to an explosion attack spawing a new Divider; the new figure is not affected because it was not in the attack at its beginning.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units