Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 2nd, 2012, 12:23 AM

beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker
Re: Florida Frenzy 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
For "proxies," I think it would be better to ask around (in this thread) if anyone has extras you could borrow. It makes the game easier to see and there is less conflict with target area, etc. if the correct sculpts are used.

For customs, they will only be allowed if approved ahead of time. Let's say everyone can suggest up to 10 for review. Simply post the card in this thread, and as long as 2 people don't object, it is approved.
Regarding proxies, there would need to be some real ones there to sort out hit zone and targeting questions when they come up. And when it comes to seeing the fight, I'd rather see 5 different fire elementals than 5 the same - just for example but proxies can make an army look way cooler. Maybe we can have a thing where we post a picture of proxies here for approval? Say you have to put the proxies and the real deal in the same photo?

And for customs, if we're doing no Marvel, should we also be doing no comic book customs like Superman and such?

Trades

WoW customs - I'd love to get some awesome looking WoW minis on my Heroscape maps. Please lend me your expert advice.

My travel blog
Old October 3rd, 2012, 07:12 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by beholderthedm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
For "proxies," I think it would be better to ask around (in this thread) if anyone has extras you could borrow. It makes the game easier to see and there is less conflict with target area, etc. if the correct sculpts are used.

For customs, they will only be allowed if approved ahead of time. Let's say everyone can suggest up to 10 for review. Simply post the card in this thread, and as long as 2 people don't object, it is approved.
Regarding proxies, there would need to be some real ones there to sort out hit zone and targeting questions when they come up. And when it comes to seeing the fight, I'd rather see 5 different fire elementals than 5 the same - just for example but proxies can make an army look way cooler. Maybe we can have a thing where we post a picture of proxies here for approval? Say you have to put the proxies and the real deal in the same photo?

And for customs, if we're doing no Marvel, should we also be doing no comic book customs like Superman and such?
Right, no comic book customs. I think only C3V customs and the like.
Old October 4th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!

I plan to be there, so mark me down.

Now, for what its worth:

1. NO customs. Too many people don't pay attention to them (like myself) so they are not aware of their stats, abilities, and strategies.

2. No Marvel. Just my personal preference.

3. As for Armies. Either:

A. Bring 2 600 point armies so that you have 4 armies for each player to select from.

Or

B. Each player brings 1000 points. The players then draft 600 point armies from the 2000 points in play.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old October 5th, 2012, 01:07 AM

beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker

Regarding customs, I suspect we'll only have a handful suggested so it shouldn't be a burden to check them out. If you don't like them, vote no. You're halfway there with just your single vote.

I think bringing 2 600 point armies is the way to go. a 600 point draft is gonna take a while I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Lee View Post
1. NO customs. Too many people don't pay attention to them (like myself) so they are not aware of their stats, abilities, and strategies.

2. No Marvel. Just my personal preference.

3. As for Armies. Either:

A. Bring 2 600 point armies so that you have 4 armies for each player to select from.

Or

B. Each player brings 1000 points. The players then draft 600 point armies from the 2000 points in play.

Buddy Lee

Trades

WoW customs - I'd love to get some awesome looking WoW minis on my Heroscape maps. Please lend me your expert advice.

My travel blog
Old October 8th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!

We have a time and place posted on the first page, but has a format been decided on for this event?

Draft?
Army Size?
Units allowed?
Etc.?

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old October 9th, 2012, 12:14 AM

Good questions. I vote a second time for 2 600 point armies from each player and you select any one of the four.

There should also be a time limit on proposing and voting for customs allowed. If I propose a custom tomorrow, I'd hate for the two votes that rule it out to come Oct. 26th. Similarly, if I wait till Oct. 26 to submit my customs no one has time to say no.

Here's one custom I might try to work into an army if he doesn't get rejected.
Custom submission:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37538

Trades

My travel blog
Old October 11th, 2012, 12:08 AM

OK guys, to answer some questions:

Army size:
Each player will bring one or two 600 point armies. Ideally, everyone will bring two, but for whatever reason, some players may be limited, and can only bring one.

Format:
At the start of around, opponents roll; the higher roll gets to decide to choose first or second out of the armies brought between players. Most players will bring two armies, thus giving a total of four to choose from, but if one or both players only brought one army, the choice will be between the two or three armies available. I shall allow ~5 minutes for the draft.

Marvel/customs:
Marvel is not allowed for this tournament; but customs are, provided they meet the following criteria:
1) They have undergone proven playtesting (like the C3V);
2) They are posted (picture/link) in this thread by Wednesday, 10/17/12, at midnight;
3) They do not receive two "no" votes by Monday, 10/22/12, at midnight (if they do, they are disqualified);
4) You state which figures/proxies you would use.

Maps will be posted shortly, but I could still use suggestions.
Old October 13th, 2012, 05:07 PM

OK, here are the map possibilities (shamelessly borrowed from the other NHSD selections). I would like to have 4 maps, 2 copies of each, to allow for 16 players. Vote for the ones you like by next Wednesday, 10/17/12.

Tripdien's Glade

Crystal Watch

Fenris

Breach

Stygian Rift

Sirocco

Burial Marsh

Scavenger's Folly

Ice Blossom

Arcane Sanctum

Noctis

Let me know what you want and what you can bring!

Also, some good news: we'll be getting some prize support from R˙chean and HeroScapers.com!

Last edited by BurnyFlame; October 15th, 2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old October 13th, 2012, 08:15 PM

One thing I notice is that nearly all maps require the D&D master set, which could make it tough to have enough maps depending on who's coming and all that.

With my terrain sets I don't know if I can make any of these actually.

That said I like: Tripdien's Glade and Burial Marsh the best.

Trades

My travel blog
Old October 13th, 2012, 08:54 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Could I suggest or request:

The Hotway or the Highway by heroscaper2010
Requires: 1 BftU, 2 VW, 1 FotA

To be used at your event?

Thanks, HS2010!
Old October 13th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

I like Breach, Stygian Rift, Arcane Sanctum...And Hotway or the Highway looks pretty cool (unless the big Z is around).

Slight change of plans; I will be hitting Gainesville on Nov 3 for futbol, so chances are looking slim that I will be able to make the 5.5 hour pilgrimage for this tourney date as well. That being said, please list me as 'iffy.'
Old October 17th, 2012, 10:48 PM

OK, thanks everyone for the map suggestions. What I need now is everyone who can attend to LET ME KNOW ASAP. If we can't get at least 10, I think we should postpone until November. I still am waiting to hear from the Jacksonville, Tampa, and So. Fla. groups, so if you are with them, speak up!

(Everyone can let me know which weekends in November are good for them if they want.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day