Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 4th, 2012, 01:20 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Hexes in Texas - 10/21/12

Date: Sunday October 21st, 2012

Time: Setup at 11am; event starts at noon.

3000 Custer Road
Suite #150
Plano TX 75075
972-943-8135

Cost: Optional prize table item. If you have the means and desire to bring prize tables items, please feel free to do so.

Army Construction:
  • Point limit: 480
  • Starting spaces: 24 hexes
  • No marvel allowed
  • Restricted: Each army can only have one card which is on the restricted list below (you can have multiples of the same common). Example: An army can have Raelin, but then you can't have Krav, or rats, etc. If you have Major Q9, you can't have Stingers, etc.
Restricted List:
Spoiler Alert!

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Power Glyphs/Treasure Glyphs:

Random Treasure Glyph pool:

Heroic Rune (+1 attack)
+1 Defense
Scarab of invunerability(temp)
Potion of Healing (temp)

Treasure Glyph Traps:
• If you roll a 1–5, you set off the trap. Starting with the player who activated the trap, activate one squad figure you control and make one move and attack with it. Your opponent then does the same.
• If you roll a 6 or higher, you did not set off the trap, and the figure that
landed on the Treasure Glyph now picks up the Treasure Glyph.

Random Power Glyph pool:

Glyph of Wannok (Wound)
Glyph of Valda (Move +2)
Glyph of Dagmar (Initiative +8 )
Glyph of Kelda (Healer)
Glyph of Gerda (Defense +1)

Attendee list:
  1. Dignan
  2. Tmac
  3. Tmac's Dad
  4. AnnubianWolf
  5. Lloyd Garmidon
  6. rym
  7. Cheddarlimbo
  8. lipman
  9. R˙chean
  10. Stacysensei
  11. Kirk
  12. DrLivingston
  13. wisinger
  14. Boodog
  15. Lightbringer
  16. Velenne
  17. Scott

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Last edited by Dignan; October 17th, 2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old September 4th, 2012, 02:27 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Hexes in Texas - 10/21/12

Count me and my Padre in.
Old September 4th, 2012, 05:59 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

+Zuko
+AnubianWolf88

WooHoo! Let the complaining about formats and dates begin!

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old September 5th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Attendee list:
  1. Dignan
  2. Tmac
  3. Tmac's Dad
  4. AnnubianWolf
  5. Zuko
  6. rym

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old September 6th, 2012, 12:26 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oh, for heaven's sake...

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; September 6th, 2012 at 12:28 AM. Reason: double post
Old September 6th, 2012, 12:26 AM

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm in like a handled ceramic beverage container.

Attendee list:
  1. Dignan
  2. Tmac
  3. Tmac's Dad
  4. AnnubianWolf
  5. Zuko
  6. rym
  7. CheddarLimbo

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; September 6th, 2012 at 12:28 AM. Reason: I was too excited! I could hardly contain myself!
Old September 6th, 2012, 02:49 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

Hey Everyone!

Let's try extra-hard to get the word out this year. Commit to bringing at least one new player. Talk to your XBOX, PS3, iOS, etc. friends. Let's get some turnout!

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old September 7th, 2012, 11:10 AM

I'd like to encourage everyone to bring something - anything! - for the prize table.

It doesn't have to be Scape related, heck, it doesn't even have to be new!

We had a lot of fun with the "bring a book or DVD you want to share" prize table at the Richardson Open this year, and I think that's a great option for anyone who doesn't have extra Scape, or game-related items to bring.

Old September 7th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Can I voice a concern/opinion?

I know somewhere on these forums - or it may've been plaidhat - that R˙chean made mention of the fact that the local scaping events are drawing less and less people as the interest slowly wanes.

I wonder if the Restricted List componds that issue? What I mean is, if we're getting so few attendees anyway, would restricting what units someone can bring curtail that any further? I know I don't plan on playing any of the combos, but perhaps a newer player would want to? I just don't want to see someone not coming to play because they couldn't play a particular build.

That being said, I also understand the flip side, where we do have fewer players, so we have carte blanche to really do what we want, since it doesn't matter anyway.

I just wanted to voice it and put it out there is all.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; September 7th, 2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Any idea on point totals?
Old September 8th, 2012, 11:54 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would have to agree; with the circle of regulars that we have here, an honor system would be just as effective as the restricted list.
Old September 8th, 2012, 01:55 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Can I voice a concern/opinion?

I know somewhere on these forums - or it may've been plaidhat - that R˙chean made mention of the fact that the local scaping events are drawing less and less people as the interest slowly wanes.

I wonder if the Restricted List componds that issue? What I mean is, if we're getting so few attendees anyway, would restricting what units someone can bring curtail that any further? I know I don't plan on playing any of the combos, but perhaps a newer player would want to? I just don't want to see someone not coming to play because they couldn't play a particular build.

That being said, I also understand the flip side, where we do have fewer players, so we have carte blanche to really do what we want, since it doesn't matter anyway.

I just wanted to voice it and put it out there is all.
I don't think it's a matter of a restricted list or not. It's simply a matter of the game slowly dieing. Older players are moving on and it is very difficult for new players to enter the scene due to a high cost of entry.

The evidence is clear on this website as much as it is in our local events. There are fewer and fewer posts on this site each day. Even some of the most popular threads have very little activity. I'm not saying the sky is falling, but the community is just naturally contracting.

That said, I'll gladly remove the restricted list if that's what the group wants. I personally think the events are better with it, but this is a group venture so I'll go with the majority.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old September 8th, 2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
I would have to agree; with the circle of regulars that we have here, an honor system would be just as effective as the restricted list.
What is the "honor system", as it relates to tourney format?

I can appreciate both sides of the argument, but I find the Restricted List makes for more diverse and interesting armies, and would like to see it stay.

I feel like the contents of the list itself are up for debate if someone has a compelling argument one way or the other.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day