Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old November 25th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Competitive Unit Congress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
I'd change "Any Unique Hero Kyrie" to "Any Unique Kyrie Hero."
The only reason I don't want to word it that way is because "Unique Hero" is a term used very often to describe a particular unit in Heroscape. I don't want to give the impression that I'm breaking that term up by placing another word in between. I'm treating "unique hero" as a single adjective here and not separating hero out as a noun. I would be more apt to change the wording to "Kyrie Unique Hero", but I don't think the order matters.
I don't see much of a need for "Unique" in there. From looking at the Minions' card, it only says, "Kyrie Warriors that follows Utgar." So you could change it to that if you want to (with Einar of course) or just get rid of Unique. It's your choice, obviously, and doesn't really matter that much.
Old November 25th, 2009, 03:39 PM

Messenger has disabled reputation

You could take the wording from the other bonding units. The pattern set by the Knights, Orcs, and Minions of Utgar would look like this:

Before taking a turn with The Einar Imperium, you may first take a turn with any Kyrie Warrior you control who follows Einar.

EDIT: ninja'd

There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:22-24
Old November 25th, 2009, 04:39 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
You could take the wording from the other bonding units. The pattern set by the Knights, Orcs, and Minions of Utgar would look like this:

Before taking a turn with The Einar Imperium, you may first take a turn with any Kyrie Warrior you control who follows Einar.

Well, using the term "Kyrie Warrior" is the correct form. I just wanted to avoid confusion of people thinking that they could activate 4 EI with the bonding. They might miss the fact that "warrior" is a unit type as opposed to a general term.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old November 25th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:

Well, using the term "Kyrie Warrior" is the correct form. I just wanted to avoid confusion of people thinking that they could activate 4 EI with the bonding. They might miss the fact that "warrior" is a unit type as opposed to a general term.
Then why not say "Unique Kyrie Warrior?" It kind of brings us in a circle but at least it removes the awkward-sounding-ness of the "Unique Hero"
Old November 25th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Then why not say "Unique Kyrie Warrior?" It kind of brings us in a circle but at least it removes the awkward-sounding-ness of the "Unique Hero"
I still don't understand why "Kyrie hero that follows Einar" wouldn't work. There's precedence for that phrasing on the Axgrinders of the Burning Forge card, and the only effective difference would be if a common kyrie hero that follows Einar is released.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old November 25th, 2009, 06:15 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
I still don't understand why "Kyrie hero that follows Einar" wouldn't work. There's precedence for that phrasing on the Axgrinders of the Burning Forge card, and the only effective difference would be if a common kyrie hero that follows Einar is released.
This sounds like the best fit.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old November 26th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Group Think = Bad

No battle reports no more.

Doopa is Polish for awesome.

Last edited by DrLivingston; November 28th, 2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old November 26th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Edited out my post to reflect Dignan's wishes and adhere to the process better.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; November 27th, 2009 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Sorry Dignan. Damn, I feel like the little kid who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
Old November 26th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Group Think = Bad

No battle reports no more.

Last edited by DrLivingston; November 28th, 2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old November 26th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I hope more people post their battle reports like you guys did. I realize it probably took a while to write, but they were fun and informative.

+rep

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to rym again.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old November 27th, 2009, 12:50 PM

Please do NOT post battle reports here for units that are being tested. I would prefer people kept their testing to themselves. I don't want this to turn into a discussion about the units until after everyone has had time to play matches in their own time and form their own opinions. The last thing we need is votes that say "yeah, I agree with what DrL said, etc.". A very important part of this process is for people to form their own opinions based on their own games. Reading other people's battle reports can give people false impressions of the units because not everything that happens in a game can be conveyed in a report. This can give someone the wrong impression of a unit's performance based on what is highlighted in the report.

Feel free to discuss any other ideas about what you would like to see or what you thought was wrong about a past errata, but please do not discuss your playtesting for units currently under review.

EDIT: Also, please don't submit votes information via these posts. I just noticed that DrL had filled on his forms in these posts. Please DO NOT do this in the future. Please keep all of this information to yourself for units under review. After the process has taken it's course, we can discuss how things went as a group.

I don't me to sound like a jerk, but I think it's important to keep this information to one's self while testing. I want each tester to give a unique view on each change. I'm glad that rym and DrL are excited about the testing, but I think we need to observe the process to get a better result.

Last edited by Dignan; November 27th, 2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old November 28th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Super Doopa

Jeez, sorry Dignan.

Thought it was only the vote itself that was to remain secret!

After reading your post I understand what you mean about group think a lot better.

Oops!

Won't be doing that again!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions