Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old March 1st, 2012, 12:33 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Battleplan for Heroscape: An Army Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Android, HTC G2.
Ditto for me. This is a T-mobile model that came out about a year ago, currently running Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread) with a resolution of WVGA 480x800. On a semi-related note, I was thinking of ROOTing my phone to update to at least 2.3.5, if not 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), but it seems more trouble than it's worth.

I think the mobile browser and resolution it the thing to look for when developing mobile apps. Each version of android OS has its own browser, but people can add Dolphin or Firefox. iOS devices run Safari, but I think there are different versions for iPad than iPod/iPhone. The kindle and nook have their own browser as well. I don't envy mobile developers as you have to prepare for more than the 4 biggies of IE/Firefox/Chrome/Safari. However, if the site is HTML5, it shouldn't matter which device or browser, and the only big issue is screen resolution, so you should have css/themes for each mobile resolution (and portrait/landscape).
Old March 1st, 2012, 04:45 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cain View Post
With respect to the upcoming mobile Battleplan release, I'd like to ask this question:
What mobile touch devices do you guys here have?

Phone or tablet?
iOS or Android?
What model is it?

Or, if you don't have one, are you planning to get one? What kind?

Let me know so I can try to make sure Battleplan and Treasury work well on it.
Blackberry. Treasury does not work on it, but I really want Battleplan to work on it more than anything else.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 02:35 AM

Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I think the mobile browser and resolution it the thing to look for when developing mobile apps. Each version of android OS has its own browser, but people can add Dolphin or Firefox. iOS devices run Safari, but I think there are different versions for iPad than iPod/iPhone. The kindle and nook have their own browser as well. I don't envy mobile developers as you have to prepare for more than the 4 biggies of IE/Firefox/Chrome/Safari. However, if the site is HTML5, it shouldn't matter which device or browser, and the only big issue is screen resolution, so you should have css/themes for each mobile resolution (and portrait/landscape).
I've certainly shed my share of tears through the pain of getting things to work relatively consistently over all the different browsers. Unfortunately, when it comes to using the latest in HTML5/CSS3, we're constrained to the lowest common denominator of all the targeted browsers (after including polyfills and graceful fallbacks). In other words, we try to use as much of the newest stuff as we can, as long as it will work in all the browsers we're trying to support.

Then we have to factor in not only variable screen dimensions, but also different input methods (mouse or touch) and different processor speeds. The world of desktop browsers had become relatively stable, but the advent of mobile browsers has shaken things back up.

It's taken us a while to get to this point, where we can finally support both desktops and mobile devices with a single webapp and a single codebase. It's taken so long due to having to develop the libraries we needed that would do what we wanted to do, while also waiting for the browser market share to shift forward enough. Being able to drop support for IE7, for example, was a big step forward. While we could have built native apps for the mobile platforms, I loathed the idea of having to manage separate codebases for Android and iOS, in addition to the webapp. That would mean we'd have to implement the same feature at least three different times! Not the path I was willing to take.

Though it's been a challenge, I'm happy with--or dare I say proud of--our choice of strategy for supporting mobile devices. From the very beginning, I created Battleplan as a webapp so it would be easy for people to start using (no downloading and installing: just visit the site!) and so it wouldn't matter if you had a PC or a Mac. Naturally, that purpose now extended to mobile platforms, whose browsers have finally become sufficiently sophisticated. Certainly there are some bugs to work out (it is software after all), but things have shaped up nicely and will continue to get better with time.

Thank you (and everyone) for your appreciation and use of our work. I'm glad we've been able to apply our skills to contribute to the community in such an valued way, and I hope the next Battleplan update will offer significantly more value and to more people.

Long live Heroscape!

Old March 2nd, 2012, 02:40 AM

Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jay Cain wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Blackberry. Treasury does not work on it, but I really want Battleplan to work on it more than anything else.
We currently don't have access to a Blackberry device to test on. I'll look into finding one so we can try to get our stuff to work on it.

What model is your Blackberry?

Old March 2nd, 2012, 12:21 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Blackberry Bold. I get an error that says, "HTTP Error 403: Forbidden." Sometimes I can load the main treasury.mythacle.com page and then I get the error when I attempt to login. Today I am getting that error at the treasury.mythacle.com page. It's possible that this is ocurring due to some sort of security measure employed by my employer...it's their BB, but the intermittent nature of it makes me think that's not the problem.
Old March 19th, 2012, 02:03 PM

Battleplan now supports mobile touch devices, and has a significant UI redesign as well.

There's still work to be done, however. Some features haven't been completed for the redesign yet (e.g. printing, army analysis) and there are a few known bugs that we're working on, but we've been eager to get this release done and in your hands.

Enjoy!

Old March 19th, 2012, 08:26 PM

Finn is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cain View Post
Battleplan now supports mobile touch devices, and has a significant UI redesign as well.

There's still work to be done, however. Some features haven't been completed for the redesign yet (e.g. printing, army analysis) and there are a few known bugs that we're working on, but we've been eager to get this release done and in your hands.

Enjoy!
Umm, what did you do to this site? None of the sorting seems to work at all now. :l
Old March 19th, 2012, 10:59 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Awesome! I found out about the update completely on accident by looking for a specific wording on Dund's card. I love how it gets updated the first time I go on in a few weeks.
Old March 19th, 2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn View Post
Umm, what did you do to this site? None of the sorting seems to work at all now. :l
Should be fixed now.

Old March 20th, 2012, 01:04 AM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

I would like to note that I cannot see the number of units in my army when I look in the right bar (next to the add/subtract arrows.) This is after using two versions of Firefox.
Old March 20th, 2012, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDoom View Post
I would like to note that I cannot see the number of units in my army when I look in the right bar (next to the add/subtract arrows.) This is after using two versions of Firefox.
You mean people actually use those numbers?!?

Should be fixed now.

Old March 20th, 2012, 01:12 PM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

Looks good! I also noticed that the "sort by Master Points" option arranges them as 10, 100, 105, 20, 210, 220, etc. Can this be resolved as well?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software