Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs
Official Rules and FAQs Compilation and discussion of AotP Rules and Frequently Asked Questions.

Notices

Old January 16th, 2017, 09:24 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: AotP Question Dump

Correct; its Heroscape in 2D!
Old January 16th, 2017, 01:59 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
I was under the impression that all water in AotP is 1 level lower than the land. Though it's never explicitly stated in the rules, they mention when leaving water that you have to spend an extra point of movement to go up the bank. That's what leads me to believe so.
In the base rules, there is an Example of moving into water that clarifies that water is one level lower.

Arena, page 8
Example 7 - Moving from Water to Land
When moving Chandra from the starting water space to a land space, you count two spaces because the water is considered a level lower than the land space.
Old January 16th, 2017, 09:42 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thank you! That's what I thought. I was just too lazy to look it up...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old March 9th, 2017, 06:01 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Anyone know if there's a good place to buy the cardboard land tiles?
Old March 9th, 2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Anyone know if there's a good place to buy the cardboard land tiles?
hoard_bits on eBay has a bunch of AotP pieces, including cardboard land.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MTG-Arena-of...UAAOSwOtdYVMt3
Old March 9th, 2017, 07:22 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah, I saw them, I was just kinda hoping there were more options lol
Old March 9th, 2017, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Yeah, I saw them, I was just kinda hoping there were more options lol
I don't really use mine .. I think they are still in the shrinkwrap. I think I have 2 sets of each AotP and SOI.

PM me and let me know what you are looking for and we can work out something.
Old June 19th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Is there a limit on how many enchantments I can put on one squad? Because, last night my squad of Bloodline Nobles were stupid strong. I had three +1 attack counters on them from Arlinn, a plus 2 from an enchantment I played eairler (still memorizing spell card names), another plus 1 enchantment, the attack glyph, and the green spell which provides Trample. Basically, I was rolling 13 dice for each one. I thought it was way overpowering. Awsome, but a little OP. Not even Krug or Jotun could ever roll that much. While there were othe modifiers, having two enchantments that gave me 3 more dice made me wonder.
Old June 19th, 2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
Is there a limit on how many enchantments I can put on one squad? Because, last night my squad of Bloodline Nobles were stupid strong. I had three +1 attack counters on them from Arlinn, a plus 2 from an enchantment I played eairler (still memorizing spell card names), another plus 1 enchantment, the attack glyph, and the green spell which provides Trample. Basically, I was rolling 13 dice for each one. I thought it was way overpowering. Awsome, but a little OP. Not even Krug or Jotun could ever roll that much. While there were othe modifiers, having two enchantments that gave me 3 more dice made me wonder.
You can stack as many Enchantments as you want. There are a limited number of Spells in a game, and I think they are powerful to reflect the unique aspect of Planeswalkers vs traditional Heroscape.

The danger of stacking too many on one unit is that some spells like Unsummon will destroy the Enchantments easily. Plus squads can fall a little easier to some spells/effects.
Old June 19th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Thanks for responding. Now I need to convince my friends to do a Planeswalker vs Scape battle so I can do the same thing. Lol.
Old July 10th, 2017, 06:46 PM

schnizol is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Can you move and attack with the same creature/unit in one turn? I mean, move and immediately attack?
Old July 10th, 2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnizol View Post
Can you move and attack with the same creature/unit in one turn? I mean, move and immediately attack?
This is from the Shadow of Innistrad rulebook. You first move and then attack with the Army Card that you chose in Action 2. If the Army Card is a squad - then you move all the figures in that squad and then attack with all the figures in that squad.

On Your Turn

On most turns, you'll perform five actions,
in this order:
Action 1. Draw a spell card
Action 2. Choose an army card to play as that turn
Action 3. Move any number of figures on your army
card
Action 4. Attack with one or more figures on your
army card (optional)
Action 5. Move the turn marker on the turn track
to the next number
Let's look more closely at the turn actions.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs