Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old October 24th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: How to counter Turtle/steamroll/blitz armies

The problem is, unless you're playing massive games, a 4th army usually has just 4th Mass or employs KoW as a screen. If Cyprien is on the field I can guaruntee that I'll load them on the 4th, especially if he is striking distance.
Old October 24th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

Alright, I guess I just don't go up against the 4th very often. The few times I have, I killed most of them with Cyprein.
Old October 24th, 2009, 02:02 PM

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

A good 4th army is a Steam Roller not a Turtle. They move forward in a group and can always cover each others positions.
Old October 24th, 2009, 02:51 PM

Yaish knows what's in an order marker Yaish knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCU Master 2007 View Post
A good 4th army is a Steam Roller not a Turtle. They move forward in a group and can always cover each others positions.

Wouldn't you lose WTF then? I employ that strategy with the 10th, but because I can close for the Bayonet Charge. It seems like with the 4th you would be giving up one of their key advantages.
Old October 24th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaish View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCU Master 2007 View Post

Wouldn't you lose WTF then? I employ that strategy with the 10th, but because I can close for the Bayonet Charge. It seems like with the 4th you would be giving up one of their key advantages.
Yes, you will lose WTF. But the vast majority of the time it's just as (if not more) important to get height advantage. As long as you're rolling four attacks of three you're good.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

Last edited by Xn F M; October 24th, 2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: fixed my threes and fours
Old October 24th, 2009, 03:25 PM

Yaish knows what's in an order marker Yaish knows what's in an order marker

By Steamroller it sounds like he means he continues to move forward, not just on to height. If he's just moving to height then holding, that sounds more like a turtle to me.
Old October 24th, 2009, 03:29 PM

You move you whole army across the board slowly together continuing to attack your opponent the entire time. There will be times that you lose WTF but you make up for tht loss by forcing your opponent to fight on his heels and denying him good board control.
Old October 24th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaish View Post
By Steamroller it sounds like he means he continues to move forward, not just on to height. If he's just moving to height then holding, that sounds more like a turtle to me.
True. So I guess it makes more sense to say that the 4th steamroll onto height, then turtle?

They're a steam-turtle.

Edit: KCU makes a good point, they steamroll but because they also have a good ranged attack they have the option of turtleing. Maybe they're a tortise?

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old December 29th, 2016, 01:49 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Losing WTF isn't as big a deal as people seem to think. 4 ranged attacks of 2 can still be pretty devastating especially considering you're gaining map control simultaneously...

Also, Phantom Knights for Turtles, and Mezzos for Steamrollers (and even Blitz, especially if those armies consist of squad figures).

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old January 14th, 2017, 10:30 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Unofficial Definition of Ninja Turtling: Turtling with the use of a bandana on a shadow tile.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles