Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Notices

Old April 25th, 2012, 08:23 AM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Craigslist Deals

There is no scape for sale close to me and when I ask about shipping they have either already sold it or they won't ship. What a pain!
Old April 25th, 2012, 06:54 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grison View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztimster View Post
OK, who just snatched the North Platte CraigsList collection:
Quote:
I have about 3 main sets allowing for a rather large map. Tons of figures and cards to make your armies versitile. Fun for many ages.
I was working out shipping with the guy and he says that someone just paid him sight-unseen and snatched it away.
This is like the 10th time this has happened!! Drives me crazy!
Why do sellers tell you it is yours then sell it to someone else???!!!
This happens to me all the time too, and in fact I thought I had a deal for the huge lot that MechaClash just got. It's the Heroscape Ninjas, I tell you!

In one case, I had even paid the person before they changed their mind and sold it to someone else. It took two months to get my money back.
That's horrible. What people do for money.....
Old April 25th, 2012, 07:08 PM

Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive Lord 1233 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
...Why do sellers tell you it is yours then sell it to someone else???!!!
This happens to me all the time too, and in fact I thought I had a deal for the huge lot that MechaClash just got. It's the Heroscape Ninjas, I tell you!

In one case, I had even paid the person before they changed their mind and sold it to someone else. It took two months to get my money back.
I don't object to a seller wanting to get the best price they can, but at least:
  1. If you say we have a deal but then get a better offer before I've paid you, please give me the opportunity to match it if I'm willing to do so.
  2. If you say we have a deal but then get a better offer after I've paid you, in my opinion you really should honor it. If you just can't do that, then see #1, or promptly return my money.
Am I asking too much?

* Available: Confrontation & other minis for C3V units (various Varks, Cultists, Gnids, etc.) *
My Sale/Trade List
The Orphanage - HS Figure Exchange
(My available/wanted orphans)
Old April 26th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Resident Classifieds Guru

Ztimster rolls all skulls baby! Ztimster rolls all skulls baby! Ztimster rolls all skulls baby! Ztimster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive Lord 1233 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
...Why do sellers tell you it is yours then sell it to someone else???!!!

I don't object to a seller wanting to get the best price they can, but at least:
  1. If you say we have a deal but then get a better offer before I've paid you, please give me the opportunity to match it if I'm willing to do so.
  2. If you say we have a deal but then get a better offer after I've paid you, in my opinion you really should honor it. If you just can't do that, then see #1, or promptly return my money.
Am I asking too much?
YES! My thoughts exactly. I had this one mom who accepted my offer and while we were working out the details, someone came in and offered 2x my asking price. She called me and told me what had happened and I asked her if she needed the money or was she just getting rid of the scape. The money was for her son, so I told her to take the other offer. Another seller had a similar thing happen and she told me she was just getting rid of it. I gently asked that she honor our deal and she actually did! So it goes both ways. I always yield to a higher bidder if the seller needs the money...it is good Karma.

The most bizarre deal was a lady who had agreed on the deal then called me a day later because a soldier in Iraq wanted the scape. She wanted to support our troops and felt bad that he was stuck there and wanted to send a little joy over seas. I agreed and relinquished the set to a brother overseas.
Old April 26th, 2012, 11:38 PM

MechaClash Woo who?

Oh my god am I exhausted. I set up all the pieces I had. It'll probably take me a few more days to actually count it all, but I wanted to get the pics up before I went to bed. The first photo is full size; the rest are scaled down to make the filesizes reasonable. The tables that you see are the tops of cubicles they were tearing down at work. There's six of them, combined to make a 7.5 x 9 foot table.

I had stuff spaced out a little too much in the middle, but I never thought I'd have enough stuff to fill 65 square feet, so things were a bit cramped at the front edge. All the sets seemed like they were complete. There were three broken figures (two of them were the spearmen,) and some of the Ticalla stuff was damaged, though he has all the pieces if I feel like gluing them back together.

Things that aren't pictured include 3 fortresses, all the road and bridge stuff, a tub of snow tiles, the dungeon tiles, the swamp tiles, all the 1,2,3hex tiles, and a box full of master set figures that have had their bases removed. But anyway, here it all is:

Spoiler Alert!
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:04 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaClash View Post
Spoiler Alert!
That is unreal.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:11 AM

Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Oh my god am I exhausted. I set up all the pieces I had. It'll probably take me a few more days to actually count it all, but I wanted to get the pics up before I went to bed. The first photo is full size; the rest are scaled down to make the filesizes reasonable. The tables that you see are the tops of cubicles they were tearing down at work. There's six of them, combined to make a 7.5 x 9 foot table.

I had stuff spaced out a little too much in the middle, but I never thought I'd have enough stuff to fill 65 square feet, so things were a bit cramped at the front edge. All the sets seemed like they were complete. There were three broken figures (two of them were the spearmen,) and some of the Ticalla stuff was damaged, though he has all the pieces if I feel like gluing them back together.

Things that aren't pictured include 3 fortresses, all the road and bridge stuff, a tub of snow tiles, the dungeon tiles, the swamp tiles, all the 1,2,3hex tiles, and a box full of master set figures that have had their bases removed. But anyway, here it all is:

Spoiler Alert!
This is a special form of torture for those of us who had been told by the same seller that we had a deal. I need to unsubscribe from this thread...

* Available: Confrontation & other minis for C3V units (various Varks, Cultists, Gnids, etc.) *
My Sale/Trade List
The Orphanage - HS Figure Exchange
(My available/wanted orphans)
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:14 AM

twigleg2 knows what's in an order marker twigleg2 knows what's in an order marker

omg....Did he tell you why he sold this? If it were mine, it wouldn't ever leave my side.

My Trade List

MINIONS of UTGAR

Old April 27th, 2012, 12:15 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

Spoiler Alert!
Awsome setup & photo...maybe take a couple more drool-inducing pics!?!

PS, save me one squad of Glads!

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old April 27th, 2012, 12:40 AM

Ztimster rolls all skulls baby! Ztimster rolls all skulls baby! Ztimster rolls all skulls baby! Ztimster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:

Spoiler Alert!
This is a special form of torture for those of us who had been told by the same seller that we had a deal. I need to unsubscribe from this thread...
Ok, I am now officially sick. I feel for you.

Now in the spirit of Heroscapers.com ..... Time to share the wealth!! (I think I saw a few duplicate squads there...)
Old April 27th, 2012, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Oh my god am I exhausted. I set up all the pieces I had...... But anyway, here it all is:

Spoiler Alert!
I am going to have to write in a larger font to even come close to this collection. Most impressive haul!! But I have to ask...why only one set of wyrmlings?? I mean 8 sets of everything else but just one set of wyrmlings??

Oh, and I do like the way you set everything out. You really get a good sense of every piece that way. I don't have a table that large so it all looks like this:
Spoiler Alert!
Old April 27th, 2012, 07:10 AM

MechaClash Woo who?

Quote:

I am going to have to write in a larger font to even come close to this collection. Most impressive haul!! But I have to ask...why only one set of wyrmlings?? I mean 8 sets of everything else but just one set of wyrmlings??
Yeah, when he told me he only had one set I was a bit surprised, but I already owned a set and they're pretty easy to come by. Other than that, the only things there are 1 of are the convention exclusives, and Raknar's Vision (which I also have NIB from eBay a couple months ago.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales