Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 4th, 2023, 12:47 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Help With Wurdz

Was Sherman’s point that Diorite Defender can never be adjacent to itself? I’m assuming it’s unique.

I think Sherman is right. It can’t be adjacent to itself and extra words are clutter, and clutter should be avoided always.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 2nd, 2024, 04:20 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Is there additional wording required for this?

CAPTAIN’S PREROGATIVE
When revealing a numbered Order Marker on Captain Xue’s Car͏͏d, you may take a turn with Captain Xue or any Uncommon or Unique Hero you control.

Thanks!

Old January 2nd, 2024, 11:32 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I think the “when” at the front is confusing. I’m phone posting at the moment but I believe that other bonding powers make it more clear when the extra turn takes place. I think an “after revealing an order marker” would suit you better, in that spot.

Thanks for sharing!

= =
Old January 2nd, 2024, 11:55 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I think the “when” at the front is confusing. I’m phone posting at the moment but I believe that other bonding powers make it more clear when the extra turn takes place. I think an “after revealing an order marker” would suit you better, in that spot.

Thanks for sharing!
I told him the same thing in a PM.

Old January 3rd, 2024, 12:02 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Writers know things.

= =
Old January 3rd, 2024, 12:33 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Thanks guys!

Old January 3rd, 2024, 12:35 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

You got it. Thanks again for sharing!

= =
Old January 3rd, 2024, 08:42 AM

Well met!

Added language below to conform to other controllers’. Really necessary, given the existence of radio?

Any figure that is taking a turn with Captain’s Prerogative must be within clear sight of Captain Xue before moving.

Old January 5th, 2024, 01:26 PM

Well met!

CLOSE COMBAT DIRTY TRICKS
Begin the game with Uncommon or Unique Heroes from 4 different Generals, including Captain Xue, in your army. When a figure you control is attacking or defending against an adjacent figure, roll the 20-sided die, adding 3 if within 4 clear sight spaces of Captain Xue. On a roll of 20, add 1 to its Attack and Defense values. Captain Xue may also benefit from Close Combat Dirty Tricks.

How do we make clear what Captain Xue’s roll is? She is not within 4 clear sight spaces of herself, is she?

Old January 6th, 2024, 11:02 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

I don't understand that power, Kolakoski. I don't understand what it's supposed to be doing. Could you try to word it better, before I take a look?

Thanks.

= =
Old January 6th, 2024, 03:21 PM

Well met!

The power reflects the advantages of the diversity of the Heroes, teaching each other and the rest of the crew their various combat tricks. Extremely loosely based on Lion of Punjab. Maybe this is clearer:

If you have at least one Uncommon or Unique Hero from each of 4 different Generals, including Captain Xue, in your army, when a figure you control is attacking or defending against an adjacent figure, roll the 20-sided die, adding 3 if within 4 clear sight spaces of Captain Xue. On a roll of 20, add 1 to its Attack and Defense values. Captain Xue may also benefit from Close Combat Dirty Tricks.

Old January 6th, 2024, 04:53 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Interesting.

Ranjit Singh was known for adding people from a wide variety of cultures to his court, and he was known as the "Lion of Punjab." Hence the theme, and the power. I don't see the multi-general mechanic in your theme here. You, however, did not come here for that type of feedback.

What follows changes the mechanics to simplify the power, as well as (hopefully) clarifying:

If you have at least one Unique Hero from each of 4 different Generals in your army, you may use Close Combat Dirty Tricks. When a figure you control within 6 clear-sight spaces of Captain Xue rolls attack or defense dice against an adjacent figure, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 16 or higher, that figure rolls one additional die.

That's clear enough. You may find that it does not trigger as often as you want, though. If I want to neutralize this power, I just need to destroy any one of the four heroes that make it possible. And it would be most effective with massed melee commons, but building such an army around your 4-general hero limit will be tricky. And, as I noted above, there's not an obvious (to me) connection between the 4-general element of the power, and its theme of "dirty tricks."

Good luck, and thanks for sharing!

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards