Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old April 15th, 2024, 06:59 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest - Are you the best writer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Hmmm may have to flesh and blood mine out a bit more...
No entries have been read yet, so you are free to do that for now. Just give me a holler if Ryguy posts and you still need to edit.

~TGRF.
Old April 16th, 2024, 08:19 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll edit mine then too. A small change only—I kinda forgot that one of the included Heroscape characters famously has an eye patch.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 21st, 2024, 12:16 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm finished! This contest lined up nicely with the NGC Unit Design Contest, so I already had a new design ready to go, and it felt worthwhile to flesh out the backstory. For reference, the unit card and description is here.

I've taken the trouble of formatting it for Heroscapers since I will probably add it to the growing catalogue of Myths of Valhalla after the contest.

Brilliance
Spoiler Alert!
Old April 21st, 2024, 06:50 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Right then. If anyone else needs to edit their stories, speak now. Otherwise I will likely read these tomorrow, and judge either tomorrow or the next day (depending on how long winded certain of us are).

~TGRF.
Old April 22nd, 2024, 05:51 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I am good. Just cleaned it up a bit.
Old April 22nd, 2024, 06:41 PM

I have read the stories and come to my decision. Honestly it was a tight race all around, and the designs were great. I've judged the stories based on two factors: the design and the story. Let's get to it (note that there are severe spoilers - if you intend to read the stories, do so first):

Third Place
Spoiler Alert!

Second Place
Spoiler Alert!

First Place
Spoiler Alert!

It was a tough call, but there you have it. I'm happy to offer more in-detail thoughts on your entry if you want, but I warn you that I will be brutally honest. For now I await the next prompt!

~TGRF.
Old April 22nd, 2024, 08:42 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wow, thanks. That was basically the Dark Healer from my RPG in a nutshell and warp speed. Those are all actual abilities of the class.
The change in personality and growing insanities are also part of the gig.
The main thing I never mentioned was that if there was no victim, Kelda takes the damage but far worse than what she absorbed. In the end I did not want her going out quite like that, at least not on paper.
What I liked about Kelda is that she does have that possible negative part of her healing that really made her fit even better. Also to become a Dark Healer, one is usually good/lawful (no traditional alignments but a sliding scale of law/chaos) which also fit nicely.
Old April 24th, 2024, 10:20 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Damn -1 title. At least now I don't need to hesitate so much about entering any prompt out of fear of the record.

To answer your plot question, the ground only needed to be fed with warfare up until a certain point when it could manifest properly: like a quota. At that point battle was no longer needed. I guess it wasn't clarified especially well. There was also an idea that the wellsprings would summon the dead from other worlds on their own to maintain self-feeding, hence the "die in battle = go to Valhalla" religious connection on Earth. But it was too late to add that in. The idea needed some more time in the oven to cook thoroughly.

You may prompt when ready, T.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 24th, 2024, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Damn -1 title. At least now I don't need to hesitate so much about entering any prompt out of fear of the record.

~TAF
You've got a ways to go before you lose the title. Your average is 1.167. The next closest is 1.5.

~TGRF, eagerly awaiting the next prompt.
Old April 25th, 2024, 06:28 AM

I think I have it. Let me mull it a bit longer though and double check it has not been used before.
Old April 25th, 2024, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I think I have it. Let me mull it a bit longer though and double check it has not been used before.
The Index has all the prompts listed under the 'Competitive' tab; that should make it easier to check. You'll need to scroll to the side a bit. Looking forward to it.

~TGRF.
Old Today, 10:13 AM

Ok, could not find that list so going to hope this has not been done before.

A Wellspring gets all cool and glow-y as a portal opens beneath its surface. From the pool emerges Valhalla's newest resident, you.

You have been summoned. Why? Perhaps your knowledge of Valhalla?
Who knows. Did you swallow some special water and is that now changing you on a molecular level? Maybe?

Feel free to use your knowledge of Scape to your advantage and take some stuff with you. You only have the knowledge you would have but perhaps the Wellspring has given you other abilities.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction