Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 11th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: Long Island Heroscape League- January Game Day!!!!

April 2014 Game Day!!

Where:
Legendary Realms Games, Plainview, NY

When:
Saturday, April 19th.

Time:
11:00 - Pregame meetup for lunch at Panera Bread
(located a 1/2 mile West of the store).

12:00 - Set up

1:00 - Start playing. We'll set a tentative end time for Heroscape of 6:00.

6:00+ For those of us who can stay later we can play a variety of non-Heroscape games afterwards. I'll bring a few along with me. We'll probably do pizza for dinner again this month.

This month we'll be playing a large scale, superhero game! This will be an all out Avengers battle. Ultron has opened a temporal gate connecting Earth with Asgard, blending the two worlds together. This allows Loki to lead an attack on New York City with Frost Giants. The Avengers arrive on the scene to save the day.

We'll be setting up my street terrain, along with my Interactive Terrain Features. There'll also be glaciers and other terrain from Asgard in play. We'll divide into two teams, good vs bad, and duke it out. We'll be using cards from my current superhero project.

Expect all the fun, and all the slowness, that a large scale, multi-player game delivers. To keep the game moving quickly we will limit the number of characters per player to two. We'll keep reserve figures waiting in the wings just in case a player gets knocked out too early. Plus we'll place a time limit on the game and decide the winner based on points destroyed.

Grishnakh

Our normal, monthly club meeting is always the third Saturday of each month at Legendary Realms Games in Plainview, NY (unless there is a conflict with a holiday). If you'd like more information PM me.

I'll be updating this thread with more information as time goes along.

Old April 11th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Long Island Heroscape League- April Game Day!!!!

I should be able to make this one.

Old April 11th, 2014, 07:22 PM

Big Boa is surprisingly tart

This sounds like a lot of fun. If I were coming by train from Manhattan would it be an easy to get to the store?

I'm new to this part of the world. Live in Princeton but come into the city pretty often.
Old April 11th, 2014, 08:40 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Big Boa: You go out to the Hicksville station on the LIRR, which, being one of its main stations, has trains running both ways to and from the city every half hour. The trip from either Penn Station (Manhattan) or Atlantic Avenue (Brooklyn) takes only about 40 minutes. From there someone in the group will probably be willing to scoop you up in their car; that's what they do for me every other month or so.
Old April 20th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Long Island Heroscape League, April Game Day.

Oil Tanker exploded in the park. Nick Fury and Captain America survive the blast. Several Agents of SHIELD however were not so lucky.

At the end of the day the bad guys lost. Barely.

Old April 20th, 2014, 09:21 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I had a blast. Thanks for bringing the massive set-up.
Old April 20th, 2014, 10:58 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Whoa, I didn't realize I was playing with Gurei-Ornery! Glad to have a face to go with the name.
Old April 21st, 2014, 10:23 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

What a game! As Loki, captain of Team Evil, I got to walk around Incognito as a pretty girl screaming for help, and then unload on 'dear brother' Thor, who was half dead. Unfortunately, although already half wounded, when I was done he still had one wound left. Then he attacked me back, and in one round I went from unharmed to having only one would left myself! Yikes.

I also played a Sentinel and a Frost Giant, as terrain from Asgard started out merging with Grisnakh's amazing Skyscraper City Scape (with yet more new buildings). Many heroes and villains fought on a the huge board, supported by clouds of Hydra and SHIELD Agents, in a game with about six players per side. Various vehicles and small terrain features were thrown back and forth, and some of them exploded! Griz was supplying his own character cards for the battle, some of which were brand new.

Last edited by chas; April 21st, 2014 at 10:29 AM.
Old April 21st, 2014, 03:47 PM
Titleless

And here's a picture of Loki trying to "STOP" Thor.....

Old April 21st, 2014, 03:52 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Then he attacked me back, and in one round I went from unharmed to having only one would left myself! Yikes.
That was a pivotal moment in the game. The bad guys were so far behind point wise, but had struggled back to within reach of the good guys right before the time limit of the game was to run out. If Loki had indeed taken out Thor that would have put us slightly ahead at the end of the game. However, even though Magneto took out Thor, loosing Loki traded out the points, leaving the good guys with the winning edge. It was a pretty exciting finish, even though some people playing didn't seem to see how closely it hung in the balance!
Old April 21st, 2014, 04:22 PM
Titleless

Long Island Heroscape League, April Game Day.

Some additional photos of the game. If anyone else captured a great shot please feel free to post it or send it to me so I can post it!

Captain America squares off with Ultron. However, Magneto, perched high above on the ledge of a skyscraper, is just seconds away from magnetically tossing that tanker truck into Captain, Nick Fury, and all of those SHIELD Agents in the park...

Nick Fury and Captain America survive the massive blast that takes out three SHIELD Agents along with a couple of park benches and the statue in the park.

Thor smashes a Sentinal with a helicopter while Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Ironman do battle with Loki's invading Frost Giants and Sentinals.

The center of town saw a lot of action.

Ultron is destroyed but manages to download into one of his Ultron-Bots. However he proves no match for Hulk (not in view)!

Vision, in his Massive state, takes an elevator up to an upper floor and takes out the Winter Soldier. Winter Soldier had been taking out a lot of figures with his sniper rifle. Vision could have phased into his Insubstantial state and flown up but that might have made him more vulnerable. We all hummed elevator music for hours....

Anyway, great game everyone. The cards played very well and everything seemed pretty balanced. I still might tweak Ultron a bit, perhaps allowing for multiple downloads.

Now I don't have to wait until next summer to see the "Age of Ultron" movie. We already know how it ends!
Old August 21st, 2014, 04:11 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Long Island Heroscape League - 9/20 meeting

Okay, it looks like our next meeting on Sept. 20 will be a Lord of the Rings Heroscape day, as suggested by Grishnakh. So far there seems to be a lot of interest for this one, with more turnout than usual. 'Scapers that are currently attending: @Grishnakh , SonofGrish, @chas , @Taeblewalker , @Johngee ,@mogrebla , @Sir Dendrik , @WarBanner , and @acefrehley

Since that's probably too many players for us all to play one giant game, my suggestion would be to split into two medium-sized groups of 6 and 4 players. I can bring a map and scenario that can support 4 players, based on an old Amon Hen map I designed a couple years ago.

Here are some details about a possible scenario to go with this map:

PLAYERS
Four players in two teams, one Good team and one Evil team.

ARMIES
Good army #1 (600 pts)
Aragorn
Samwise
Merry
Pippen
Ulfrid Hornwrangler
Aubrien Archers x 3

Good army #2 (595 pts)
Gimli
Legolas
Boromir
Frodo
Eilan Sidhe x 3

Evil army #1 (600 pts)
Lurtz
Ugluk
Torin
Uruk-hai Raiders x 3

Evil army #2 (600 pts)
Shurrak
Krug
Ornak
Mordor Orcs x 4

VICTORY CONDITIONS
The team with the most Victory Points (VPs) at the end of 8 rounds wins. Teams score VPs for destroying opponent's figures - each destroyed hero or squad is worth 10% of its point cost, rounded up. The Good team is awarded 10 VPs if both Frodo and Samwise move off the battlefield via the water spaces at the eastern end of the battlefield.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events