Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old October 13th, 2012, 11:33 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Oct 13th Louisville NHSD With Prizes!

Wasn't your map (at least not from my perspective)! I played your map in my last game and I thought it was fine (though I don't think Deroche really cared for it). I'm not as harsh on maps as some people, but there was surprising LoS issues (in a good way) and lava height is always important for forcing tough decisions. Again, overall, good enough for me.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 13th, 2012, 11:36 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Wasn't your map (at least not from my perspective)! I played your map in my last game and I thought it was fine (though I don't think Deroche really cared for it). I'm not as harsh on maps as some people, but there was surprising LoS issues (in a good way) and lava height is always important for forcing tough decisions. Again, overall, good enough for me.
*wipes forehead*
Old October 13th, 2012, 11:37 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
*wipes forehead*
Hey, I'm the one who lost that game!

EDIT: Nice ninja.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 13th, 2012, 11:39 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
*wipes forehead*
Hey, I'm the one who lost that game!

EDIT: Nice ninja.
Yeah, I had to re-read your post at first.
Old October 14th, 2012, 01:20 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Wowzers, great battle reports you gents compose. Inspiring.
Old October 14th, 2012, 01:21 AM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
(though I don't think Deroche really cared for it)
It was okay. I think we were having issues because we tried to force some glyphs on it and it was best suited without them. Once we got rid of the glyphs, the map worked much better. It's a little simplistic and a tad small -- hellllooooooooooooo Zelrig -- but I can't think of anything that stands out as a real negative.

As map-wrangler, I certainly wouldn't ban it if anyone wants to bring it to a future tournament.

But I think I will ban any future Tundra maps that require heavy snow. OMG do those suck!!! (I suppose it's okay to have slippery ice, though. We'll see. But having to move three spaces to climb up on height when you only have figures that do Move 5 is not a challenge, it's an annoyance.)

Last edited by Deroche; October 14th, 2012 at 01:35 AM.
Old October 14th, 2012, 01:27 AM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Maybe now Deroche will really believe what he told me he'd learned from me before: never give up! (Did I give up when Haduc was facing multiple squads of Mezzodemons and Stingers? No; and I won! Did I give up when Mogrimm was facing lots of Stingers with a Hive and again when he was wounded facing a camping squad of 4th? No; and I won those, too!)
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"

Old October 14th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Scapecon 2021 Main Event Champion

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Nelson (do I have the correct name, William? My only loss was to his damn Omegacron build on the worst map ever).
Yup that's his name. His army was Omegacron, Snipers x2, Repulsers x4, and Zetacron. He played vs El Diablo's Knights(W), ?'s Stinger(W), Deroche's Dividers(W), Necro's Eradicators+Incendeborgs(L), and Megasilvers's Vipers(W).

Don't cry because the tournament is over, smile because it happened
Old October 14th, 2012, 08:17 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

What was the final attendance? Will someone post rankings?
Old October 14th, 2012, 11:25 PM
What A Daseline

We had 16 attend, but I don't have the final standings. Maybe El Diabolo still has the final results and can post them.

The top three were all 4-1, with total points determining the final rank.

Top three were:

1) NecroBlade (Valkrill)
2) Nelson (Jandar)
3) Deroche (Utgar)

Old October 15th, 2012, 11:26 AM

Big Boa is surprisingly tart

Thanks to all attenting the Louisville area event this weekend. Louis and I (Chuck) were made to feel extremely welcome and we had a lot of fun. This was our first visit to the monthly but won't be our last!

A special thanks to Diablo and the guys supplying and manning materials.
Old October 15th, 2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Quote:
(though I don't think Deroche really cared for it)
It was okay. I think we were having issues because we tried to force some glyphs on it and it was best suited without them. Once we got rid of the glyphs, the map worked much better. It's a little simplistic and a tad small -- hellllooooooooooooo Zelrig -- but I can't think of anything that stands out as a real negative.

As map-wrangler, I certainly wouldn't ban it if anyone wants to bring it to a future tournament.

But I think I will ban any future Tundra maps that require heavy snow. OMG do those suck!!! (I suppose it's okay to have slippery ice, though. We'll see. But having to move three spaces to climb up on height when you only have figures that do Move 5 is not a challenge, it's an annoyance.)
Just thought of your worries about the map, and Zelrig bombing everything. I think I found a solution:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
I've had this idea for a while now, and this set combination seemed like a good opportunity to use it. Some of the strong flying units can really wreck a short map, and Rannveig takes care of the issue nicely.

Fujin - added 10/7/2012

Requires 1 BftU and 2 RttFF.

The unknown glyphs are treasure glyphs which should be played power side up. In addition, two glyphs of Rannveig should be placed in the start zones in the specified hexes; these hexes are considered legal starting spaces.
Adding the Glyph of Rannveig in the starting zones may help a lot here. I may have to send a PM to M_W and see what he thinks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day