Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 20th, 2008, 10:52 AM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!
OVAH's NHSD in Louisville 10/18/08

OVAH will have it's first ever NHSD Tournament on 10/18/08 in Louisville, Ky. at Pet Shop Comics!

Registration will begin at 10am and the first round will start at 11am.

This swiss style tournament will consist of five 50 minute rounds.

There will be no glyphs and no sideboard.

BONUS POINTS: I have decided that in honor of The B.I.V.'s cheerleader thread, any player whose first kill destroys a cheerleader will receive a 10 point bonus for that match! Cheerleader being defined as any figure who's aura or adjacency via "special power" enhances another friendly unit.

Please bring pre-made 540 point armies including any dice, wound markers, and/or any special tokens required.

Sorry no customs, no proxies, and no Marvel units allowed.

Registration is $5. Please bring a prize for the prize table if you can. I realize that many of you are driving a long way and that gas is expensive, so if you are unable to bring a prize don't sweat it.

Scoring on gameday will be as follows...

After each game you will write in your win or loss.

If you win, you will include your victory points. Victory points are the point value of each surviving figure's Army card. With squads, if you lose 2 Krav, but have 1 still alive after you've won, you still receive the entire value (100) of the card. If you lose... well then you don't have any victory points do you? If you don't summon the Rechets or don't drop the AE, then they do not count toward your victory score. Victory Points will be added together after each match.

At the end of each game the person with the best record (and victory score in the case of ties) will face the person with the second best record. Third will vs fourth, and so on.

By the end of the day we'll see who has the best record and VP's and then we will game some more and go set schnockered.

The maps will be...

Flash Fire
Hide and Seek (slippery ice)
Stroll Through the Park
Overlord
Hot Heights
Cool Walk
The Secret Passage
Husk of the Holdfast

Also, if anyone would like to go out after the tournament and celebrate NHSD with adult beverages please let me know. There are a couple of OVAH birthday's which must be acknowledged.

Please sign up here! More people! More people!

Attending:
Onion Knight
Gulp
JordanC
Who D'at +1
SuperflyTnT
KCU Master
Wdgrant
Mecha Frog +2
Marduk
Bloodthorn
KingArthur1976
Hahnarama
Scribidinus
Brewster +1
Utgarsrage +1
Dragonmaster384 +1

Maybe:

Outforblood
Ken W. +1

Last edited by Onion Knight; October 16th, 2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old August 20th, 2008, 11:02 AM

Who 'dat is surprisingly tart
Re: OVAH's NHSD in Louisville 10/18/08

Sign me up +1 for sure, and maybe more.

Thousands of comedians in this world without a job, and you're trying to be funny.
Old August 20th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Knight View Post
OVAH will have it's first ever NHSD Tournament in Louisville, Ky. at Pet Shop Comics!

The tournament particulars are still being ironed out, but we most likely will make the tournament swiss style with 520 point armies. There will also be some type of bonus points awarded.

We hope to be welcoming many members from all over the Ohio Valley so that we can continue to strengthen the area's gaming community as we move towards possible national rankings! Pet Shop Comics is a fantastic venue with plenty of space and is run by gaming friendly people.

There will be an entry fee of $5 and we'd like everyone to donate to the prize table. (Gift Certificates from Pet Shop Comics are recommended).

Again, there will be more details coming in the next few days.

Please sign up here!

Attending:
Onion Knight
Gulp
JordanC
Hey I met Gulp at Gencon!! Were you there too Onion?

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 20th, 2008, 11:36 AM

Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby! Onion Knight rolls all skulls baby!

Yep. I was the guy who sucks.

Each time I saw you, you were busy so I didn't bug you. Thanks for all that you did though. We had a great time. I'll definitely be there next year!
Old August 20th, 2008, 12:37 PM

Just updated the Army size to 540!
Old August 20th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Knight View Post
Yep. I was the guy who sucks.

Each time I saw you, you were busy so I didn't bug you. Thanks for all that you did though. We had a great time. I'll definitely be there next year!
I am so sorry! I wished there was a way to connect folks to the site so that I know who is who. There is just this rush of information and I never get a chance to just sit down and take it all in!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 20th, 2008, 01:22 PM

Absolutely no apologies necessary, you were quite busy.

I was in the GenCon Championship tournament and nothing else. So I wasn't around there too much. It was my first time at the Con and I wanted to see as much as I could. Next year I plan on spending the majority of my time playing in as many 'Scape games as possible.
Old August 20th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Baby will be here for sure by then - I'm in.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old August 20th, 2008, 01:51 PM

Superflytnt, I've been following your posts about your wife delivering and you still going to tournaments within a week of the due date...

You are insane.

Glad to have you aboard, you're my kind of guy.
Old August 20th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker

I doubt I'll be able to make it down, things are tight around here, but I'll try,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old August 20th, 2008, 02:58 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Man, I would so love to be there, I'll see what I can do...

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old August 20th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflytnt View Post
Baby will be here for sure by then - I'm in.
Hmm... I'm not sure if I'll be able to beat you, Superflytnt, but I'm feeling confident about my odds against that baby.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day