Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old January 7th, 2013, 05:43 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Minions of Utgar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnubianWolf88 View Post
I must ditto Hogg's recommendation of Atlaga. With 5 move, the Minions are STRONG.

However...I have played my last tournament with them. Invariably, they blow away my opponent, or drop like flies. My best finish was 5th in a field of 53 with 3x Minions, Atlaga, Marro Warriors, Marcu, and Isamu.

AW
Wow, Anubian retiring the Minions. Dallas gamedays will never be the same...

Podwest used to be "The Minion Guy" for the longest time... When he moved out of the area, Anubian was able to sneak in and snatch the crown without anyone calling foul. I wonder who will be next? Tmac's Dad? I'm looking in your direction! You could use a strong go-to build!

Old January 7th, 2013, 05:45 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
I must ditto Hogg's recommendation of Atlaga. With 5 move, the Minions are STRONG.

However...I have played my last tournament with them. Invariably, they blow away my opponent, or drop like flies. My best finish was 5th in a field of 53 with 3x Minions, Atlaga, Marro Warriors, Marcu, and Isamu.

AW

Haven't been the same since you left...although we had decent attendance and new faces at NHSD this year.

Dr. Livingston took advantage of the restricted list and melee-friendly maps with Warriors of Ashra and Raelin (the all-girl army) for the win. Terrible.

Where are you now?

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old January 7th, 2013, 09:09 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

AW

Haven't been the same since you left...although we had decent attendance and new faces at NHSD this year.

Dr. Livingston took advantage of the restricted list and melee-friendly maps with Warriors of Ashra and Raelin (the all-girl army) for the win. Terrible.

Where are you now?

AW88
I'm actually back in Texas for a while; I was back in time for the last little tournament you guys held, but had too much going on to make it. Hopefully things will settle down and I can make it out for one soon.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old January 7th, 2013, 11:28 PM

Fabien Esenwein is surprisingly tart

You should use Charos to crush those minions. With his massive defense of 5, he staands just as good a chance as the Izumi to counterstrike the minions. With 5 attack, he stands a pretty good chance of killing the minions normally. Plus, with 9 life, it doesn't really matter if he doesn't get the first hit against them because he has not only counterstrike, but 9 life on top of that.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, but Minions get 3 attacks for every one of Charos' and they average 2 skulls to his 1.7 shields so counterstrike isn't going to be much of a factor. Their 6 defense will yield 2 shields on average to his 2.5 Skulls, though. But also factor in that most maps make it hard for double-spaced figs to gain Height advantage and those numbers become even more favorable to Minions...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old May 18th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

Just clarifying, and I apologize if this has been asked before (I didn't really understand the "rule clarifications") but if my Minion rolls 2 skulls, and an enemy rolls 5 shields, then does that double to 4v5 and is a block? Or is it 2v5 and a block, but with +2 wounds?
Old May 18th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothi View Post
Just clarifying, and I apologize if this has been asked before (I didn't really understand the "rule clarifications") but if my Minion rolls 2 skulls, and an enemy rolls 5 shields, then does that double to 4v5 and is a block? Or is it 2v5 and a block, but with +2 wounds?
The first one. You double the skulls, then count shields to see if it's a block or not (so if you rolled 3 skulls it would turn into a 6v5 and would be 1 wound).

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 18th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
The first one. You double the skulls, then count shields to see if it's a block or not (so if you rolled 3 skulls it would turn into a 6v5 and would be 1 wound).
Thank you very much sir
Old May 18th, 2013, 06:21 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you very much sir
Can you explain to me what exactly you were asking? Just curious.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old May 19th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you very much sir
Can you explain to me what exactly you were asking? Just curious.
Just a misconception about whether skulls rolled count for auto-skulls or auto-wounds (I had the same misconception when I first read the Omnicron Snipers' card ). So, basically, whether two skulls rolled would become four skulls, or two skulls plus two immediate wounds.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:45 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Wait, Minors are a "A" unit now? When did that happen?
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive Lord 1233 View Post
Wait, Minors are a "A" unit now? When did that happen?
I have not updated all the books yet, sillyhead.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units