Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old July 29th, 2011, 12:30 PM

ArmocGruts Woo who?
Re: The Book of Minions of Utgar

Just used these guys in 500 point army. It was Taelord, MOU, DW9000 and Zettian Guards VS Armoc Vipers 1X, Venoc Warlord, Krav Maga Agents, Blade Gruts 1X, Tornak, and Tagawa Samurai Archers. The MOU dominated. They managed to kill off the intial attack of Blade Gruts and Tornak while losing on one member, moved on to kill the Vipers while not losing anyone, took on the Krav and only lost one other member, then the last member was killed by the TSA. Taelord killed the TSA, though. The Soulborgs did not have an order maker placed on them the whole game with the exception X's.

EDIT: Question about the MOU. If all the Minions are destroyed, but you had an order marker on them, could you still take a turn with Taelord or Runa using Utgar's Orders?

Last edited by ArmocGruts; July 29th, 2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old July 29th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmocGruts View Post
EDIT: Question about the MOU. If all the Minions are destroyed, but you had an order marker on them, could you still take a turn with Taelord or Runa using Utgar's Orders?
No, when they are destroyed they can't use their abilities anymore.
Old July 29th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
Quote:
Unless it is mentioned on the card such as Finn's or Thorgrim's.

~Rednax
Old July 29th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Unless it is mentioned on the card such as Finn's or Thorgrim's.

~Rednax
If only there was a defenitive list of abilities that extend beyond the grave...Oh wait, there is.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old July 30th, 2011, 01:54 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
It is also stated in the card that you would take a turn with Taelord or Runa instead of the Minions, since they're dead you wouldn't be taking a turn with them, so you can't replace their turn with Taelord or Runa.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 10:10 AM

ArmocGruts Woo who?

Used these guys again yesterday(with Taelord). They did good, but since I will posting this in the battle report thread I can't announce the outcome yet for predictions sake.

Look for it...
Old March 3rd, 2012, 06:35 AM

onibaku06 is surprisingly tart

What would be the best ranged squad/hero to pair with the minions? I have 720 pts/24x to work with, and I know that the map will small and condensed? I have a few armies planned using the MOU, but Braxas and Counterstrike pieces continue to haunt my dreams. Also, some thoughts on these armies would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Atlaga
4x Minions
Taelord
Isamu

720/15x

4x Minions
Nilfheim
Atlaga

715/15x

Seldom in life is the right thing to do and the easy thing to do one in the same.

-Unknown
Old March 3rd, 2012, 11:13 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I like the 2nd army, especially if your opponent is fielding squads.

-insert signature here-
Old March 3rd, 2012, 09:49 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

I have added Red/Black Wyrmlings to the Minions of Utgar with some success in a tournament setting. I think that is a better use of 180 points than Taelord. The Minions are often attacking from height, and against Braxas, you just have to take your licks until you can close in on him.

Who brings counterstrikers to a tournament?

I like Wyrmlings because they help take care of Kaemon/Raelin/Stingers.

Nilfheim is a great idea, though. A special attacker that is murder on something Minions really don't like - Deathreavers.

AnubianWolf88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old September 13th, 2012, 12:54 PM

Silver_Guy knows what's in an order marker Silver_Guy knows what's in an order marker

I was planning on using these guys in one of the next few games I will be playing and was thinking of heros to add with them. Obviously Taelord and Runa come to mind, but so did Torin.

Minions with counterstrike from range, sounds good on paper at least. Has anyone tried this before?
Old September 13th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Guy View Post
I was planning on using these guys in one of the next few games I will be playing and was thinking of heros to add with them. Obviously Taelord and Runa come to mind, but so did Torin.

Minions with counterstrike from range, sounds good on paper at least. Has anyone tried this before?
It's a neat trick, but it's not usually worth sacrificing a turn with the minions to move Torin into position. It could be effective against some armies, but I think I would usually prefer to have 3 more minions instead, or a better hero.
Old September 13th, 2012, 02:06 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Guy View Post

Yes, actually. I really love Minions, and thought, like you, that Evil Eye + 6 Defense would be great. Didn't work well against the mixed armies I faced... As a counter draft to 4th Mass or Stingers? Pretty good. But Torin is like a dead weight on your army the rest of the time. Sadly.

I did a lot better with Minions + Atlaga.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units